Year End Meme
Wednesday December 31, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
A sincere thank you to every one that visits and especially comments~ I just want to wish you all the luckiest of new years!! :!:
Got this from Holly!! Filled this out at 3:00am so PLEAAAAAASE bear with me. I have no time to proof-read this crap, hahahahah~~
1. Where were you when 2008 began?
My old apartment boozing it up :champagne:
2. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Get married (lulz)!!! :excitedyo:
3. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept my resolution of no longer analyzing “who I am” and instead applying everything I had learned in ’07. It was so freeing~
I’m trying to pinpoint my ’08 resolution but all I can come up with is being a better wife and learning to be patient and accepting that things take time.
4. Go to any concerts this year?
5. Will you be looking for a new job in 2009?
Hopefully not :ummm:
6. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
More than usual especially when my friend visited for July 4th~
7. Did you go on any vacations? If so, where?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Planning that damn Japan trip 100% on my own! BOO-YAAA!!!
9. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and changesomething, what would it be?
I would have checked that damn trip folder one last time for purikura before leaving Japan :girlrage: I lost all the purikura from our last day there and, yes, it still eats away at me!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Carbon Monoxide… please, never again. :facecry::F
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hands down my Cher cardigan and eco-bags!!!! :cher: :cher: :rose2::doubleheartbeat:
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend I met from Japan~ She was A M A Z I N G ! BFFs!!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There’s a select few but no one who reads this lovely blog :mkpoo:
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Meeting my friend for the first time ever in person after 5 years of writing letters, emails, and phone calls :fleetheart:
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
They were on SMAP X SMAP and impossible to escape while on our trip~~ :tv: TV, Trains, Stations, Streets, Stores~ everywherererer
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Much happier. Last Christmas my mother was in the hospital.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Stayed in & relaxed instead of going out every weekend.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I hadn’t tried to please everyone with wedding plans early on and had just decided to elope sooner.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with Mike. First year as a married couple~ Went out into the city during the day~~
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Always~ true love makes you fall over & over again :bigheart:
23. What was the biggest change for you in 2008?
Work. Same job but reorganizing and people leaving and new cubicle~ it was a big change.
24. What were your favorite TV programmes?
The Office, House, Dexter, Doctor Who, Colbert Report, The Soup
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My UPS guy~ hahah he used to be awesome when delivering to our apartment but now he puts shit where I nearly run it over with the car RAAAWR! :mkpoo:
26. What was the best book you read?
Rinka Not Now! :gigglewakuface::upheart:
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pinback’s “West” was on repeat F O R E V E R !!!!!!!
28. What did you want and get?
For Christmas or 2008? For 2008 a Cher bag… wanted that nearly all of ’08 :starburst:
29. What did you want and not get?
Soundproof ceiling (hahahahah maybe 2009!?)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t know, IRONMAN? I’ll just say that instead of trying to think of every indie film I saw & whether or not I’d call them “favorite” hahaha!
31.What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
25 and I don’t know?? I obviously spent it with Mike. Oh yea, I was moving stuff or painting the house or something~
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Honestly??… if we could have afforded a single family home instead of a condo~ but that’s unrealistic in DC for first-time buyers~ I don’t have 800K dollars, hahahah :?:
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Better than 2007’s. I actually started putting real “outfits” together for once and it feels really great than just throwing whatever on.
34. What kept you sane?
Mike and cute cat blogs.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
And for the “fancy” part David Tennant. [GOD WHY ARE YOU LEAVING DOCTOR WHOOOOOO!? :crazycry: ]
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
The Reduction Agents – 80’s Celebration–
“Matters to the world, so the teachers say
We’re giving it all up for a chance to smile; to scream and dream of you!”
37. Who did you miss?
My friend from Japan~
38. Who was the best new person you met?
No one really~~ I’m hard to impress (lols)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I’m incredibly young…
40. What are your plans for 2009?
I WANT TO HAVE A KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honestly I’m not sure, I feel nervous about 2009 personally. I don’t have much of a direction OoO
I just want to find happiness and feel connected and content~ You’re never really alone in this world you know. :ruru:
Yea, Japan heavy answers but that was also my “wedding” so it’s a big deal.
Let’s see~ Japan, Marriage, Home owning… 2009 is gonna have to try REALLY hard to impress!!!!!
52 Responses to “Year End Meme”