Waving Hello Frantically

Tuesday April 14, 2009

I’ve got a bunch of random photos to dump. Basically weather was crap, cherry blossoms gone, waited in front of the White House in hopes to see Obama rolling eggs on Easter (fail but fun) and ate WAAAAAAY too much sugar! Oh and tried on overpriced clothes at Saks that I had no intention of buying. :excitedyo: My friend visited and she’s really into high fashion. I saw this Chanel necklace though that was just SO cute! but at $2K I passed for obvious reasons.

FIRST SOME SUGAR

The above treats are from Fancy Cakes by Leslie! SO amazing! Best macarons I’ve EVER had! Large too! Caramel and raspberry were my favorites. And the other treats beautiful as well. Covered in glitter and colorful! My friend & Mike both got cupcakes and said they were really good. And in the above left photo is a quick snap of one of her amazing cakes on display.

Large Raspberry macaron with chocolate mousse and dark chocolate Easter egg on top! From a shop called Cacao. It was pretty good. I wish I weren’t 1/2 drunk when I ate it :cloudedmind: :ruru:

Last year I couldn’t find a macaron ANYWHERE but now I know of 3 places that have them in constantly. FINALLY AMERICA, FINALLY!

SQUID LOVE TIME!

Fake or dead I don’t care, squids are awesome :ladeeda:
We went to the museums Sunday too. Saw some lolitas there which I thought was a cute idea~ lolita on Easter in a museum. I also saw a gross homeless man walking around the entire time… not so cute. :lol:

SPEAKING OF EASTER

I asked Mike,”When did the Easter Bunny get so damn fancy!?” *spoiled moment*

Godiva. Now allowing you to be a lazy man even at Easter!
HAAHAAAHAHA just kidding, just kidding :haha: :haha: :haha: I just think it’s cute they have these little grown-up Easter Baskets. :celebrate:

Picture on the right is a sneak preview of a skirt I bought this weekend at Bloomingdale’s!! It reminded me a lot of the tired ruffled skirt on poupee or something from Liz Lisa or Rose Fan Fan! I bought a few other things but I don’t have much in way of photos yet…

Cher inspired ripoff flip flops! must get!

I did manage to score the Sephora lip gloss from Rinka’s new photobook!! I thought it would be easy but It was really hard to find! The first Sephora was sold out and the tube I got was the last sealed tube for sale!! *so lucky!!* :cfaha2:

From Rinka’s book under favorite lip products

That’s it for now. I need to catch up on everyone’s stuff but I gotta get back to work tomorrow so I might be out of sorts till the weekend. I’m still so exhausted from everything we did during my friends visit. So I’m off to rest now! :baibai:

Tags: , , ,

35 Responses to “Waving Hello Frantically”

1. Kim says:

omg seeing all of your pics makes me want to make some goodies!!! I always feel the most satisfied when I’ve spent my money on delicious food.

2. Nicole says:

What are macrons exactly? I’ve only heard of them on your blog, haha! They look really good, though!
    I’ve never see people doing any kind of J-fashion here, though one time a Japanese lady in an Asian-style furniture store told me I looked gyaru, which totally made my day! XD

*DIES* omg Shiori has madeth me love the macaron

Squids are the best – I enjoy painting them ^ ^

I’ve never seen Lolis in the US unless I’m working the BostonMagazine booth at Anime conventions … sometimes they are adorable sometimes they weird me out haha =.=

4. Shirley says:

It all looks so yummy~*
    The skirt is uber cute, and I like the flip-flops too!
    I spot Sirotan ^-^

5. Zoraida says:

I’ve always spelled macaron as macaroon.. Ahhhh, but they look so delicious that I don’t even care!!!

CUTE skirt, too. :)

I’m into high-fashion but everything’s so expensive!! It’s nice to just gawk at, though haha.

6. Rachelle says:

The photos look so cool! I love all the Easter treats, very cute and spring-y. I like squids as well, I like going to the Museum of Natural History in NYC and see the model of the giant squid fighting the sperm whale. THAT THING IS HUGE O_O

7. Jing says:

Wow…after reading this post, I really do think Washington DC is an interesting place to live! Like seriously, I don’t know what interesting stuff we have here in California. All I know is there are a lot of beaches (around where I live) and then mountains LOL. It sounds like there’s a lot of Japanese stores and Japanese people in Washington?

8. Emmy says:

I am typing to u from my new touch it’s hard to use kind of
    It looks like u had a great wkd :)

9. Alyssa says:

I’ve never had macarons before! They look so good…

Giant squids are the most adorable things ever hehehe.

10. Anna says:

Oh I never knew what macarons were until now :D! I have to try one macaron sometimes! Looks so good!

I love your skirt and the photos of you :D! So cute!

It seems like you had a wonderful easter :d

11. Ys says:

Aw I’m glad you had such a great time :D All that sweetie goodness looks divine! I totally failed at Easter this year and barely at any sweet stuff at all. I’m not sure how that happened cos usually I love sweet stuff hehe.

Cute that you bought a Poupee-inspired skirt. It does remind me of the one on Poupee, yeah :) And I love how I’m not the only one who pretends to buy stuff so they can try it on hehe ;)

12. cin says:

You eat glitter?! O_O
    The food looks good anyway lol~
    And your squid hugging pics are the cutest! ^^

13. xMickii says:

The macarons look delicious :P I want easter eggs too D: ! By the way, what’s the cupcake look-a-like with the pink thing on it ;; sorry my explanation on things is quite not really understandable o-o;

Aww~ it looks like you had a lot of fun~! :) Those macarons do look amazing~! & nice gets as always, haha! That skirt really is so Liz Lisa ♥

That Chanel necklace is soooooooo cute but so expensive!

That dessert that does not only look yummy but it also looks SO CUTE with the egg on top and the little yellow chick. XD

And cute skirt you got!

16. Lolla says:

Poor homeless man. I am sure he didn’t want to look gross to you – it’s just that, when you live in the streets and have no place for a shower, a proper meal or even sleep, sometimes it gets difficult to keep up with hygiene standards. Not everything in the world is polka dotted pink, unfortunately.

I miss seeing lolitas so much! VERY difficult to spot them in the UK. I used to see many when I spent some time living in Hannover, they are absolutely freaking cute. In London sometimes you see one around Camden, but it’s very, very, very rare. And usually they don’t dress as nicely as the german (or even better, japanese) ones. Oh well.

17. daisy says:

i’ve never had macarons before but i so wanna try
    it looks like it’d taste really yummy *O*
    & cute poupee skirt =3

18. Meli says:

I REALLY want your cher bag!!!! so cute! …is it weird that i think the squid is more attracting (food wise.. :] )than the sweets???!!!

cute necklace but not cute enough for 2k. HOLLY MOLLY!

19. toritori says:

AHH!!
    Those macaroons make me want to make some.
    *_*
    I’ve never tried them before, but it really looks like I need to now!!
    And it totally looks like you had fun.
    Lucky girl! :)

20. buhrena says:

I got the same chocolates for Easter XD

21. hannie says:

OMGSH!!!!!! those macarons are pure sweet love. i’ve tried a Taro flavored one, coffee, and green tea! SUPER YUM! mm!

22. Jenii says:

Fantastic haul! What a lovely weekend/Easter you had :D Especially the sweets portion of it all…those are amazing pastries…o_o!!! The cake is also highly incredible!!!!!

23. karen says:

what color is that sephora gloss? how’s the pigmentation?

24. jenn says:

the skirt looks lovely ~ ♡

25. lyc says:

I love ur flip flopsss ~
    which d colors as same as cher does =p
    I love macarons too bt too sad do nt hav it in MY.. =.=”’

26. Holly says:

Yum. Those look really tasty! :)

27. Genevieve says:

yum! glad you had fun with your friend! ^_^