Double Extend Mascara

Thursday November 12, 2009

L’Oreal’s Double Extend Mascara

I’m a little tired so hopefully this entry won’t sound crazy :okicon:

Finally got to try this mascara! :lovelymake: Saw it on Project Runway then in one of my magazines (but I can’t find it again, lol.) Got it at Target for $7.99 (sale yo!) It’s a fiber mascara that includes a primer. I hadn’t used a fiber or a primer before but I really wanted something that was dramatic but also non-smudging so I could use it on my lower lashes. I’ve tried tons of waterproof mascaras on my lower lashes and they always smudged after a few hours giving me raccoon eyes. :rejected:

Sadly I’ve only been able to wear this after work in the evenings so I can’t 100% contest to the non-smudging just yet. Friday I’ll get to really put it to work since I’ll be back in the office. So far though, no smudging especially from the lower lashes! YES, YES! :ohyeslovely:

This is supposed to be an alternative to wearing falsies to achieve length. I found it did lengthen and add drama, but it can’t match up to some of the more dramatic lashes out there. BUT it did add as much drama as when I wear natural lashes. It’s a little time consuming to put on but I don’t really mind that. It’s also a heavier mascara but that was expected. Can’t have drama without weight in the eyemake world! :mkpoo: The only complaint I really have is it looks like it’ll take some practice getting used to using the primer wand better. One eye came out really nice with lashes separated but when I did my left eye my lashes sorta clumped together. I’m not used to using primers, LOL :facecry:

Some finished photos from my first attempted. I’m only wearing a tiny bit of the Kate red eyeshadow as a liner. :twinklepink:

I’ll probably keep buying this stuff, if not just for the ability to coat my bottom lashes! :okicon: :!: It’s also the easiest mascara I own to remove! :faceaha: No rubbing with make remover or cottom swabs. They really do just glide off like my Blinc eyeliner.

I really liked this review of it too.

31 Responses to “Double Extend Mascara”

1. Elyse says:

I really recommend it too! I’ve used both this and Fiberwig mascara, and they’re pretty much the same quality :D I find that it doesn’t smudge at all, but it since it basically makes tubes around your lashes, sometimes they can fall off into your face. Luckily it’s as easy as brushing them off to take care of that problem, unlike with smudging where you’d have to clean it off and can ruin your makeup if you wear base.

For the primer problem, I recommend cleaning off an old mascara brush. After putting on the primer, separate the lashes out with the old cleaned off brush and then put the mascara on :3 It’s not the perfect solution, but it helps :D

Oh that’s a good idea!! I actually have an old tube I need to toss! Yea, the smudging is such an inconvenience for me because I have to wear concealer under my eyes so when mascara smudges it means reapplying all that stuff again!

2. Shirley says:

I almost bought this mascara, but I wasn’t too sure!
    Maybe…

3. Moo-Shu says:

Your eyes are so pretty and your eyelashes are so long!
    This mascara looks great on you! I’ve been trying to find a mascara that will work for my lower lashes. It looks like I have no lower lashes even though I put mascara on lol. So is this similar to fiberwig? I would like to try eyelash primer too.

4. emm says:

okay i will HAVE to try it then!

5. Vt-Applez says:

I didn’t watch the new * Project runaway after they changed
    to another channel well is good as before?? and i love the way
    u do your make up! like i said before im not good at it +_+ i wish i was!
    anyway you so cuteee ^^*

6. Yi Lin says:

mmm i have this but the mascara does end up on your face if you aren’t careful :(

It does do the trick, I think! Your lashes always look super-long to me though, hahaha~ but it does really make them look great!
    I hope Target is still having that sale… I’m almost run out of all my 5 tubes of mascara, lol! XD

teh hotness! :D My lashes are actually kind of weak! :( Could def use something like this

Oh – and I love the color manipulation on your photos (yaay photoshop nerds!)

9. Nana says:

ahh your eyelashes are so long n gorgeous~~

I used to use this but I didn’t really like it…
    I thought it was gross when you washed it off…
    the little tubes of mascara came off …so weird xDD

10. kamille wong says:

t-t I think mascara can do wonders, especially when you already have such long lashes! I hate being asian lafjsdf;lkajsdfl I get the typical genes of having short lashes. I might try that mascara though… and that reminds me, I need to watch Project Runway. Me and my friends were just joking about Santino’s imitation of Tim Gunn. It made me lolz. “Where’s Andrae?”

11. Lei says:

I currently using Covergirl’s lash blast luxe. It works great for me but seeing how nice this mascara looks on you I think I’ll give this a try too.

12. Lexxii says:

Oh wow! It looks really nice especially on the bottom lash. It gives a nice separation. I use the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara and I like that one. But I may try this one next time.

BTW I am looking into new phones and i was thinking of getting a blackberry curve. I just realized that was the one you got so I was wondering if you recommend it?

I recommend it if you’re really into checking email and performing work tasks (calendars, meetings, viewing documents.) I bought it because I needed something that could keep up with my work tasks. If you just want something for cruising the net you might want something like the iPhone or google phone. :)

13. Rachelle says:

I have never used those primer/fiber mascaras, but for a price like that, it is definitely worth testing out! I have a nice waterproof mascara, it’s not lengthening though (I don’t really need those kinds). All I need is a really really REALLY good eyeliner that doesn’t smudge.

14. Lissy ✿ says:

I am so sold if its easy to remove!

I have so many different mascara’s in my collection I don’t know what to do with them all~ :D

15. Caitlin says:

Great review! I might have to try this out.

16. rene says:

you have found a replacement for Fiberwig! Since this is a fiber mascara too. =)

17. Megan says:

I absolutely love this mascara. If you’re scrunched for time, it works amazing even if you dont use the primer (I do this a lot haaa). I love to use the vibrating mascara from Maybelline for length then this on top of it for thickness!

When I removed it at first it was kind of creepy… since it was just like taking huge chunks of “lashes” off my eyes lol. I’m glad you like it!

Yea I’ve heard of people skipping the primer! Haven’t tried it yet but I do my make at work so I’m never rushed thankfully.

18. Misato says:

hi! I bought the same L’Oréal Double Extension (maybe that’s an European variation) Mascara, following mostly your advice, because I was looking for the same thing as you did (non-flaking, long separated eyelashes), and I’ve just tried it once, and IT REALLY WORKS! XD and it’s SO easy to take off! now let’s see if it’s also nourishing ;)

THANKS A LOT! GREAT ADVICE!! =D

19. Cynthia Toscano says:

Hello Jenny!
    I always read ur posts, but never commented before!
    I have this mascara and it really doesnt smudge, I used to really like it specially because my eyes are very sensitive to makeup removers so the fact that this is removed with warm water is great!
    However, when I go to the beach(I live in Rio de Janeiro so it happens quite frequently) with the mascara tends to be removed as if i had used the warm water to remove it. It doesnt smudge but the “tubes” start to fall from my lashes like a spider, not very pretty :)
    I love the tubes technology, but I will try the imju fiberwig to see if it holds better on a day in the beach!
    Love ur blog!