Bitter Chocolate Hair Change

Friday, Oct. 28, 2011 | 59 Comments

OK, a better bigger photo than the one I tweeted this morning!

It came out more Bitter Chocolate than Medium Golden Brown, hahahah! :suki: lolol I think I have a hard time nailing down what my actual natural color is and thus try to move too far from 3 shades darker. :?: It’s hard, my natural color has so many highlights & low-lights it looks different in various lighting. :deco6: But probably it’s like the photo below mostly. In natural lighting, it’s actually pretty blonde. :deco13: But I always think it’s darker so I really thought maybe this color wouldn’t even cause much of a difference! But it’s quite a change actually! :ok:

I love it.
I looooove it. I think I like it better than the last color I chose when I went darker! :deco2:

I’m wearing the Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle in both photos actually. Figured I’d point that out since I blogged about it last time :)

That’s it really. Sorry I’ve been getting behind on replies. Been really busy this week. :;_;: And hey, it started sleeting tonight! Snow tomorrow :deco11:

Jenny posted on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011
Tags:

59 Responses to “Bitter Chocolate Hair Change”

1. Michelle says:

AHH! I love your hair color! Every time I try to lighten my hair, it just makes it look orange-y. I have hair envy now! I wish my hair was naturally lighter so that I can dye it darker or lighter!

Ah I have gotten that in the past!! I used to always go blonder (like white blonde) but some coloring had too much ammonia and = instant orange. :(

2. sidney says:

Looks SOOOO good on you! Dark hair colours are really flattering~ and I love the haircut, you make me want those side chunk bang thing ◎_◎

I kinda hate that my natural color is … not better suiting… like, I got EVERYTHING Italian except the hair on my head! I even have pitch black eyebrows. I used to be SO, SO, SO jealous of my cousin as a child because she got the jet black Italian hair and I felt ROBBED!

• Sidney says:

I understand!!! Except for three other cousins, all my others (like 30+ cousins) have dark and thick hair. I am left with blonde but SUPER DUPER THIN AND SAD hair! Jealous of them :( I haven’t coloured my hair in a long time, but your ‘natural’ colour is like 2 shades darker than mine, so maybe I’ll try dying it…

Only if you’re really bored with your natural color. That’s the only reason I’ve been coloring these 2 times. Bored and wanted change. Any change.

3. mishi says:

You hair cut and color is lovely! It looks like what a lot of girls around my area are wearing. Tho, I think since it’s getting cold all of a sudden a lot of ppl are trying to grow their hair (obviously haha)

Haha I was thinking that today as the wind blew me waiting on the train. Sooooooooooooo glad I decided against cutting 4 inches off and going for a short bob again hahaha!

4. Tiffany says:

I adore that color and I think it really suits you! I wish mine would be permanently one color, but as soon as it dye it, it gets brassy and orange, booo D:

Ack, I’m sorry!! Last time the color faded in a few months even when using proper shampoo. =Y I sorta expect this to as well, but the few months with darker hair is quite nice :)

5. Vermillion says:

oooh I love the shade! XD It really suits you. I think you always have nice hairstyles!^^

6. Jenii says:

Darn phone ;;=_= has this whole comment typed out! Anyway, I really thing this is a gorgeous color on you :) the lighter shades seem like they wash you out but this darker color really highlights your pretty face!! Awesomesauce choice!!

7. Ingrid says:

Love the color on you, girl!

8. rene says:

I love it too!

9. mommo says:

It’s getting darker everytime lol try black next time I really wish to see it :) This suit you too!

Ahahaha it’s true. I didn’t think it’ll get this dark though. I wanted it warmer brown but I didn’t realize how light my natural color was so light so it soaked up this color a lot xP

10. Amy says:

Your perm is seriously so cute and the dark choco brown suits you so much. I’ve been thinking about going for a dark ash blond this winter, but scared it’ll turn out orange. =_=!!

Oh, I don’t have a perm right now. My one from April is long gone.

I totally get your fears though. In the past, years ago I used to have the issue with coloring turning my hair orange too. Damn ammonia! So I had stopped for years until this May.

11. J Rush says:

Oh my gosh I love love love the darker hair color!!!
    So beautiful! @___@

12. Ooh I love both shades on you, I can’t pick! But going dark is great for this darker color season anyway! :DD

13. Jean says:

Lovely.. the new chocolate color brings out your complexion and lets your eyes stand out even more. :D I’ve been seriously contemplating on adding chunky blond highlights to my hair.. I think I’ll do that in December, when I go to Vegas.

14. Amelia says:

It suits so well. I was wondering what blush are you wearing?

15. hiika says:

it’s soooo pretty!!! You look so fabulous XD Haha using “bitter” to describe brown coloured beauty items seems to be a trend right now (or at least I’m only noticing now lol). Yumeko from bittenbefore.com/tokyolife/ was talking about some bitter brown eye palettes and I was so amused by the palette names for no good reason XD

16. ShuShu ♥ says:

it looks great :3 i also dyed my hair little darker – i used perfect mousse by Schwarzkopf – and i am very glad about the results. it’s so shiny and a nice colour *~*
    how about john frieda? can you recommend it?

ShuShu ♥

17. ada says:

pretty!!! I looove it too and the sweater is also nice.
    and whut? snow in october, wow :x

18. Pony says:

Honestly I love both hair colors on you, but I guess change is good!~

1,000% LOVE IT ♥

20. Thanh Thao says:

Your new hair colour is super cute!! Suits you so much ;)

21. Emy says:

Soooooooo cute Jenny! I am loving this color!

22. Sophie says:

I usually just lurk your blog (not a creeper, I swear :-D), but this color is much more fitting. Dark brown makes you look more mature, mysterious and sexy at the same time! :)

THANK YOOOOOOOU!! I’m glad you delurked ;) ;)

I totally agree on the “mature” comment, my short stature already makes me look like a child, having darker hair really helps counteract that some!

23. Bianca says:

I adore this color on you, its so sweet and Mori i want to see you surrounded by Scandinavian designs and grimm fairy tales :D

24. bloomzy says:

It looks lovely. I always love darker colours in Autumn/Winter :D

25. Stacey says:

I definitely like this color on you, it’s lovely with your skin tone!

26. Linda says:

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW THIS HAIR COLOR SUITS SO SO WELL! please keep it permanently!

Haha I’ll try but it fades quickly to a lighter color, but I thin I want to stay on top of it too. Will probably have to color it every 2 months =/

27. Miho-chan says:

You look very pretty with your new refreshing brown :D

28. Jane says:

You look amazing in that color! Do you dye your hair yourself? I’ve heard that it’s hard to get it in the back if you dye yourself… but I’ve gone to the salon twice and had my hair dyed for $60+ each time. I wanted to try just doing it myself…

29. wow!!!! your new hair color looks absolutely gorgeous! I like it a lot! It looks so healthy and intense.. good choice =)

The new style is really nice–it’s adult but not too straight laced? I don’t know. I’d like to get something like this when I finally cut my hair short again.
    Anyway the color’s nice too :) I like the dark brown…I’ve got something similar atm too :)