I received two surprise Christmas gifts today! L’Occitane Rose & Violette hand cream from Cin, and T2 Black Rose tea from Hayley! BOTH of these items I have wanted to try for so long but never splurged on them so thank you guys so much! Christmas is coming up fast and it’s been a bittersweet one and these really made me smile. ^_^
And thanks everyone for your comments on the previous entry. Lately I’ve been open to more request-ish type posts since I’m sorta frazzled and drained creatively.I posted my makeup collection and “closet key items” a little while ago. And now the hair tutorial. Is there anything else maybe? I know a few of you asked for “makeup” tutorials but specific ones like “fresh, simple” makeup helps give me better ideas. XD Usually I just post what I feel that day but lately my feelings are… hmmm, all over the place. :angry: So request posts can be fun distractions. :P
11 Questions Tag
I got tagged by Mei for this 11 Questions +more thing~
I usually don’t have time to ever do these but I’m bored lately :)
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
No tag backs.
No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
:deco5: 11 things about me:
- I eat at least 1 apple a day, sometimes 2 and I’ve been doing this since 2008.
- I’m 5′1″ I mention that a lot but people are always surprised still, dunno why.
- I love the idea of pudding, jello, and yogurt but the texture makes me want to barf; though you can catch me eating them once in a blue moon.
- I’m sorta a hardcore tea snob if you engage me in a conversation about tea.
- I actually love coffee but it, along with many foods, is too harsh on my digestive tract so I can’t enjoy it very often (well, pain free at least)
- I only love owls because my grandmother collected them and they remind me of her so now I horde them. She passed down her entire collection to me this year.
- I only own 1 pair of jeans.
- But I own 35 pairs of uniquely different tights.
- I only enjoy reading non-fiction books.
- I only see my family once a year for a few days by choice (mostly.)
- I came very very very close to majoring in foreign language but went into Software Engineering instead because the only thing I liked doing was making websites. I I almost didn’t choose it because I thought no way could I earn a living “making websites.” lolol
And now the questions asked by Mei! :deco14:
1. Do you love blogging ? Why ?
I do, it’s stress release and inspiration all in one. My blog is like my scrapbook and I look back at my archives often. Sometimes I think I’m tired of it, but then my brain goes nuts and I just have to get stuff OUT. In recent years it’s more of a happy place where I share trivial things. It used to be more personal where I confided in my feelings. But, I also used to be more of a really unhappy person (in college.)
2. What is one thing you want the most in your life ?
To be happy living a fulfilling and simple life. It sounds cliche but it’s truly all I’ve ever wanted.
3. Tell me your favorite food :)
Probably Oreo cookies I suppose…
4. Are you addicted to social media (twitter , facebook , etc) ?
Probably, though sometimes I feel I must make an effort to update. But then I find myself on my iPhone “x-ing” out of Twitter only to relaunch it immediately again like some ADHD twitterphile.
5. Are you a K-poper ? If yes , who is your favorite singer/girlband/boyband ?
6. Things that you can’t leave home without .
Oh this is easy b/c I have a single pouch devoted to these items! It’s my “musts” items pouch -
Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura compact mirror
Re-wetting drops for contacts (currently Blink brand and a Rohto Lycee’ )
Hand sanitizer (currently Victoria’s Secret brand)
Carmex lip balm and a gloss or lipstick (currently Revlon Lip Butter)
Oil Blotting Tissues
Palty solid fragrance
Mini hair comb
A few “lady items”
A mini pouch with medicines such as Lactaid, Tums, Anti-Nausea ginger gum, band-aids, etc.
…there really are so many more!
8. Describe your personal style :)
Sometimes I think describing styles is trite because a word means different things to different people but here we go… :deco3:
I feel I have two modes. Simple classic and casual mix. Lately I’ve been leaning more towards simple classic – pleats, sweaters, black tights with black flats, oxfords, blazers, etc. Often mixing in casual elements like a denim blouse. Really I think these more classic looks with dark, rich or solid natural colors plus the layering of everything works better for the cold winter months and matches my mood on most days.
And then sometimes I’ll choose a more complete “used mix inspired” casual look with natural styling like a colorful maxi dress with natural moccasins, pastel patterns in light shades of blue or pink, embroidery or lace items, hair up in a lose bun. This works better in summer (or warmer weather in general) for me though. Basically a mixture of Madewell & Kastane styles. It all depends on what I feel like wearing that day to match my mood.
9. What will you do to face some annoying people/things ?
Suck it up and remove myself from the situation emotional to get shit done.
10. Your favorite quotes .
“I have wasted more of my life worrying about events that never came to be than just living in the moment.”
11. Have you visited Indonesia ?
OK, this is where I become a jerk. :deco6: I’m not going to tag anybody b/c, those these are fun, I usually feel so much pressure to do them when people tag me but I don’t have time blah blah :deco13: but I wanted to at least respond to this one because it seemed fun! I’m sorry :drops: :;_;: :?:
43 Responses to “Christmas Surprises and 11 Questions”
Leave a Reply
//view BLOG HOME