Burt’s Bees Eye Creams

Wednesday December 21, 2011

If ever there were something I could say was my current “boom” it would be eye creams from Burt’s Bees! Honestly just in the past two weeks I’ve been obsessed with their line of eye creams. I will most likely end up purchasing all 4 of the different creams! :deco12:

In recent months I’ve been wanting to find a nice firming eye cream. I used to only worry about dark circles but now my eyelids do this thing where they look SO extra hooded many days and I hate how tired that makes me look. Now it happens almost every day especially noticeable after work. :deco13:

I had liked Boscia eye serums in the past but I’ve been in the mood for more of a drugstore find. Cheaper and I could return it if I hated it. lolol So I tried a few; Olay, Lumene, etc, but didn’t love anything. The Olay one was great at first, then I stopped seeing results. :angry:

Then a few weeks ago I noticed my eyelids and around my eyes becoming more dry as winter winds became harsher. Usually my daily moisturizer was enough to cure this but not this time because I’m out walking more this winter. Plus, to be honest, I spent a whole week crying recently which made the problem a million times worse. :angry: I didn’t want to stop wearing eye makeup though (*I know, dumb.) :deco13:

So when I saw Burt’s Bee s Sensitive Eye Cream I figured I’d love their shampoo so why not give it a try! My current moisturizer now burned the dry skin when I put it on so I was hoping this would at least not sting.

• Softens and helps replenish skin’s outer layer with Cotton Extract
  • Helps reduce the appearance of under-eye puffiness
  • Formulated with White Genepi Extract and Eyebright
  • All day formula
  • Fragrance-free, hypo-allergenic and allergy-tested
  • Dermatologist-tested and ophthalmologist-tested

The next morning after using this my eyes were already 50% better!!!!!!!! NO LIE. :) Instant love! ^_^ About 3 days later I no longer had any dry patches on my eyelids or around my eyes. So I read up on their other eye creams and want to try them all. They’re all a little different. Some for fine lines, some for dark circles, etc.

I bought their Radiance Eye Creme with royal jelly this week…
love it even more! :deco2:

Royal Jelly, one of nature’s most nourishing substances, and bee pollen naturally replenish and renew your skin’s essential nutrients, restoring a smooth, youthful appearance. This highly-concentrated formula also contains chamomile, cucumber and rosehip extracts, which are known to promote skin renewal and reduce puffiness and swelling. Natural mica diffuses light to minimize the look of fine lines.

Actually the two compliment each other well. I use the Radiance eye cream at night. It has a bit of an “au natural” organic smell to it .. not bad but not something I’d want under my makeup. So I apply it at night. It has REALLY helped reduce puffiness which causes my eye to become extra hooded. Now my eyes look 5 years younger. Like my eyes used to look!

I use the Sensitive eye cream in the morning after applying my all-over moisturizer. It’s fragrance free and mild, dries clean too so great for under my makeup. :deco3: And it’s keeping my eyelids nice and moisturized!

Wow that was a really long entry on 2 eye creams :ng::deco13:
It’s just something I’m super obsessed with at the moment!

58 Responses to “Burt’s Bees Eye Creams”

1. karen says:

makes me want to try some of that shit! i got wrinkles!

2. Margo says:

Think I’m going to have to give one of these a try!

3. Jenny says:

I’ve been looking for a eye cream that would help my super dark circles and under eye bags =_= I can never really find one that actually works. I’m definitely adding this to my list of eye creams that I need to try lol

You are seriously selling me on Burt’s Bees products… Definitely going to try out their hair care line & I just might have to snag one of these eye creams too! ♥ Thanks for sharing Jenny~

Oh which one you going with in hair care?? I use volume but b/c my sh*t is flat LOL. There are at least two others. A shine one and a moisture one. I think there’s a color one too~~~

It’s nice to have hair care I “stick with” again. For a while I only used Tsubaki then I floated between a ton of different products.

• Tori says:

I think I’m gonna go with the Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet line! I could stand to use the volumising one because my hair is super-fine too, but since I use my texturising spray & other styling products that help with volume I’m worried more about overall shine haha ;x

5. Cupcake says:

Ahhh, been looking for something like this for a friend who gets really dry eyelids!! I’m going to get this for her for Christmas, so hopefully it works for her. Thank you for sharing!

6. Sarah says:

I am a big old burts bees junkie! (You would be shocked @dl my collection! Lol)
    I use burt’s radiance too. Its a miracle worker. I started to notice fine lines under my eyelids but im a little too chicken to try a “harsh” cream with retinol. Burts has changed the way my eyelids skin looks dramatically!

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad week. I hope it gets better :) Im sending good thoughts and love your way. :)

*nods about retinol* I feel the same thus far about BB’s creams too. I mean, my right eyelid would be drooping after work some days. Like eyebrow lift needing dropping can’t even see my eyeliner drooping. Now … they’re nice and tightly creased again! You can see my eyeliner and eyeshadow again! World of difference.

*thank you for the sweet thoughts too :)

7. Barbs says:

I’ve wanted to try any Burt’s Bees product for the longest time. My eye skin tends to get really dry and red and itchy and makes me look like an addict once a year around October mostly, I really hate that hahaha, I’ll try the eye cream as soon as it’s sold in Chile :)

8. Lokkita says:

I love hearing about eye products that work, thanks!!

Thanks for the review! I really really need to stop rubbing my eyes and making things worse!

10. Sidney says:

I love Burt’s Bees stuff, so I’m TOTALLY going to try this! I usually manage to get samples of clinique’s all about the eyes cream often enough that I don’t need to buy an eye cream…but I’m almost out and now I want something permanent~ Going to try these both!

PS, I hope you’re feeling better. Worried about you! :(

Hey you’re 100% to thank/blame?lol for me even trying Burt’s Bees! I sorta wrote it off altogether (maybe as hype, I dunno) but your hair care suggestion has me converted!

I’ve heard great things about Cliniques all about eyes and have come close to buying it before just haven’t yet.

Awe don’t worry about me, I’ll be OK. Things are getting better & better just hit such a hard rough patch this past month x( Now I’m just working on forgetting, I guess :)

11. Maru says:

Love the eye creams, they’re cruelty-free too :)

12. mikan says:

ah i have a question! for you if you don’t mind!

what eye cream(s) would you recommend for dark circles and poofy-ness? i know you said that burt’s bees works well for the puffy, but what about the dark? (i noticed you mentioned you used a cream but didn’t give a name) would love to know!

13. _lyne says:

i think i will give the sensitive eye cream a try too because I experienced dry patches as well! those gel-like eye creams seem to work better than those cream based (for me at least).

14. Thanh Thao says:

Ohhh Burts Bees!!! I brought back a lot of Burts Bees products when I was in New York, honestly, I plundered Walgreens, lol. But I did not take these eyecreams, now I wish I had! they seem to be awesome!

Honestly they have SO MUCH I can easily imagine you losing room to any more! I mean… they even have mama & baby stuff now xD Anything & everything! It’s actually frustrating b/c they DO carry so much now that it’s impossible to find a “full collection” in any 1 store. I actually had to hunt down the royal jelly cream.

15. Amber says:

This isn’t in much regards to the products, although Burt’s Bee’s are awesome, I wanted to give some *hugs* as you seem to be going through a rough patch. so *more hugs*

16. cin says:

Ooooo I’m using Clinique’s All About Eyes or something like that eye cream at the moment and its pretty good but I might try the sensitive Burts Bees one next hehehehe
    Post-crying eyes sucks!! I wish mine doesn’t poof out soooo badly I look like I got stung in the eyes the morning after D:
    Lots and lots of hugs and love to you~~~ *lovebeam*

I’ve heard great things about it! I almost bought it once but lately I’ve been avoiding malls due to crazy crowds and Sephora this time of year = line OUT the door. I need to give it a few test runs next time I’m at Sephora :D

17. Moni says:

I tend to use eye cream for dark circles (I’ve got 2 jars of Clinique to get through), and during allergy season when my eyes get really dry, I use petroleum jelly at night so all that rubbing doesn’t scratch or darken the delicate skin.

But anyway, I *love* the packaging on the first eye cream! I am enough of a design dork to really care about that, I guess. I’ll keep an eye out for it (har har), and maybe try one of the Burt’s Bees creams when I’m done with my 30-year supply of Clinique…

On a side note, how do you come up with topics to blog? I am definitely feeling a little burnt out these days.

Hahaha so much Clinique to work through! I’ll probably try Clinique’s All About Eyes when I’m done. Sometimes Clinique is my HG and sometimes it gives me bad reactions~

OK so blog topics? I just buy new stuff!!!!!!

HAHAHA just kidding! Just kidding!

It’s actually a good question and I wish I had some definite way to answer it. I suppose I just try to stick to a simple formula of blogging whatever is on my mind that day. I tend to get caught up in mini-obsessions whether it is a new purchase or brand or place. Just whatever. On some days I do have more “structured” posts like my Photo Challenge, sponsor posts, and day recap posts. I suppose the real thing that gets in my way and possibly causes blocks, and this might sound selfish, but thinking about “readers” when I blog. If I think “oh what would people like to read, blah blah” it really stifles me and I’m not happy with the entry. So I write basically thinking “eh, no one’s gonna read this.” I go at my blog like it’s a diary or scrapbook which might help keep me from feeling burned out often. I also blog when I feel like it, so if I’m on the train or walking to Starbucks and feeling in a blogging mood I’ll start typing it up then on my iPhone and piece it together later with photos or vice versa. I did blog a bit more often when I solely used my iPhone for photos & blogging but now that I have my new camera I notice that waiting on the photos causes a bit of delay between some days~

18. MissFeelo says:

Ahh.. I’m in the need of a good eye cream but I have no idea where to start. I’ve just been using this one eye serum my aunt gave me but it’s start to burn.. not a good sign. Maybe I’ll try one of the mentioned above out. Thanks for posting!! ^___^

It burns? Hmm, you might need something more sensitive. I suppose the best place to start is “what are your needs?” :) Dark circles, fine lines, puffiness? :P

19. Jane says:

Burts Bees is amazing. I remember using their foot creams for calluses from dance and they practically healed overnight. It’s expensive for a drugstore find, I think, but completely worth it!

20. Mika says:

I would also recommend Clinique’s All About Eyes, but the RICH version. I swear by it, and it works wonders. It reduces pigmentation, swelling/puffiness and doesn’t have a horrible scent. However, it’s pretty pricey as compared to the Burt’s Bee Brand.

I’ll have to try those Burt’s Bee eye creams soon! I hope they’ll be a much cheaper alternative to my present Clinique eye cream. -crosses fingers and lists product down-

21. 5 years younger? My dear Jenny, you’re not even OLD!

22. chocoNIKKI says:

Oooh thanks for this tip~! I’m going to get some for my mom and myself~! =D

I really like my lip balm from Burt’s Bees… :) So I’d like to try something like this. Especially since I tend to get awful dark circles even if I sleep a lot…so maybe I’ll try that variety :)

The dark circles only get worse post college … only. get. worse.

LOL j/k! (sorta.) But it’s great to treat early and try & find a HG product asap. I wish I had tried earlier. I only found an HG moisturizer earlier thinking it would be enough xD.

24. Bianca says:

i love burt bees!! I use there facial wash..with the royal jelly and i love !!! Its not harsh but its not baby weak either. I have uber sensitivo skin so its perfect really. Maybe ill try their lotions im using olay now…but as winter goes on it seems to not be doing the trick anymore ;(

25. [...] why did I buy it? I was running out of eye cream and Jenny from sushi-cat raved about it here. [...]