Friday Food Snaps

Friday March 16, 2012

Some simple food snaps. :hungry:

After work snack of whole wheat toast,
sugar-free Smucker’s red raspberry preserves,
and rose petal hot tea.

Maybe toast is considered only a morning food? I eat toast day and night.

Easy lunch on a day I worked from home. Tyson’s Dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets
with ketchup and agave drizzle,
Trader Joe’s Skinny Fries potato sticks,
and barley cold tea.

Dinner last night. I cooked (the husband usually cooks) and since I can’t cook very well I keep it simple. Pumpkin stuffed agnelotti
with Giada Savory Tomato sauce,
homemade whole wheat Italian bread,
water.
It doesn’t look like much but the agnelotti are extremely filling and heavy, so is the sauce. I do wish I had some lettuce for salad though.

A new bouquet of sunflowers from earlier this week and then my outfit from work today that I just snapped before sitting down. :deco3: :deco13:

I feel like this week is a do-over week. :deco13: On Sunday the sample of Dior Hydra cream broke me out pretty badly. :mad: I started using Benefit’s Hello Flawless the next day. Unfortunately, even with the lightest shade, it was too dark. Plus I think it kept my acne from clearing up as quickly as usual. :cry: I returned it and Sephora was super nice about it. Also the soak-off gel nails I got Saturday are already peeling off after only a few days. I was told it would last 3 weeks. So I’m going back to the salon tonight to see if there’s something they can do/offer me. Oh joy~ *sarcasm.*

Tomorrow is St. Patty’s Day. WEARING GREEN! :deco7: :deco7: :deco7:

Tags: , , ,

52 Responses to “Friday Food Snaps”

1. The foods look yummy! I am hungry atm too :P Really! So I’m craving some toast and jam *runs off to make* haha

2. Sami says:

The pasta meal looks so YUM! :D

3. Etienne says:

So cute♥ The rose tea looks so good! I had some like 4 years ago! Forgot the taste -_- Loved the black shirt and skirt! Ah Jenny! What do you think about getting inspo with brands from other countries?!~

Well this is definitely a pure rose flavor since it’s just rose + black tea. I like others too though like a marzipan + rose I used to have!

Inspo from other countries? I assume you mean besides US & Japan? Inspo can come from anyone as long as you like it!

4. M says:

i think people under estimate JAM. i love JAM!

5. Louise says:

Cute blouse. I’m on the hunt for a simple silk button up blouse (preferably white) and it is so hard to find a simple one!

I’m a big fan of toast and jam in the mornings and for snacktime. My favorite jam of the moment is the fig butter from Trade Joe’s. SO GOOD.

6. Maye says:

Everything looks tasty! And you arranged it so prettily!

Hope you find the best cream soon! (you wouldn’t have suspected badly of Dior though)

Have a nice weekend!

Awe well it’s not Dior’s fault. It got amazing reviews. My skin is just so freaking sensitive and prone to acne. My mother’s skin is even worse so I should feel lucky.

7. Rica says:

The skirt you’re wearing is so cute! Where is it from?

8. jiaying says:

I love toasts! I can have it for every meal~

OH GOD SAME HERE. I loooove bread! It’s in my top 3 food vices. I could eat it all day long! (though obviously that’s not a smart idea.)

9. Jia Ni says:

I LOVE SUNFLOWERS! Favourite flowers, along with tulips! *U*
    love your snaps and food arrangement, hehe! Your hair in the last photo = super shiny likeamodel! :D

10. Sam says:

Oooh pumpkin stuffed agnelotti -licks lips- It sounded so delish when you posted on twitter about it but actually seeing pictures is making me crave them like mad!

Too bad the cosmetic stuff didn’t work :( I also have some Dior Hydra samples I have yet to get around to testing. Hope you can get your nails redone for free (they really should be)!

ps. Your expression in your last pic is just so cute XD

Awe you remember that!? Yes I buy it so often now from a legit Italian deli that makes them and freezes them up! :D

I hope your Dior Hydra sample treats you well. It got AMAZING reviews!!

11. Chani says:

The food looks so delicious, I want to try too :( Too bad the hydra cream didn’t work. I am usually paranoid about trying new cream since I brake out too. I usually don’t dare to change once I found something that works from me. Wish you luck and hope your skin gets better quickly. It’s so frustrating when it happens.

Same here, super paranoid. I hate hate hate that my usual cream got discontinued. It’s been a freaking nightmare forced into finding a new one.

12. Miya says:

omgosh your food snaps are awesome!!! would love to see more of this!!! And can I just say you eat WELL. tasty and perfectly portioned. I am quite jealous.

13. Jing says:

I used to eat those dino chicken nuggets all the time! They are really good. Anyway, your food post looks very pretty and yummy : )

14. Thuy An says:

Ahh, such cute food snaps!

And is this the H&M skirt I have in orange?! It looks so lovely in white!

IT IS!! It’s actually more beige than stark white. I like how yours falls on you though, mine puffs out because of my stupid wide hips lol.

15. Serena says:

Disappointing to hear about the gel nails. :( I’ve been reading a lot about them recently in magazines & was hoping to try them out soon, but hearing about this kinda scares me. Almost no point if they just fall off.
    Also freaky about the Dior sampler! Hope your skin feels better.
    If you’re looking for a good face cream or face wash, I LOVE the Voya brand. It’s a mostly organic, high-end brand that uses a lot of Irish seaweed. Really lovely products. Tried it for the first time at a spa in Hawaii. =)

Apparently they don’t last up to 3 weeks on “some people” as the salon put it … something to do with the way my cuticles grow. I say give it at least 1 try you might LOVE them or you might just end up like me. Disappointed but I’m glad I tried them.

I’m googling your Voya brand now :) I wish there were a way to get a sample to try since my skin rejects like 75% of products.

16. Emi says:

Hmm, food snaps :p yummy !
    They way you are dressed is also so refined !

Have a nive weekend !

17. Laura says:

that pasta dish looks so nice and i’m jealous of your sunflowers because they are my favourite ^^
    you outfit is nice too, i love that blouse.

18. You look adorable :) I love food pics like that!

19. Becca says:

super lovely skirt! and the rose petal tea looks interesting… am curious what that tastes like :3

Roses. Straight up it tastes like the scent of a rose. But once my friend tried some & said it tastes like bath salt ahahahaa so yeaaaaaaa.

20. Mary says:

I really want to try rose petal hot tea!! I didn’t even know you could make a tea with rose petals! OMFG THE DINO NUGGETS

Oh yes, yessssssssssssss you can :) Well + some black tea added in. I was had this rose petal & marzipan tea with real marzipan pieces in it. AMAZING.

21. Kettuk says:

So delicios looking~~~ you should do more of these ♡(´∀`)

22. Despite everything that has happened, I must say you look absolutely gorgeous in your selca. I hope you have a better weekend! I just recently got sick after doing a photoshoot (the things I do for the interwebz). T~T

Awe TY TY I had just gotten home from work so I appreciate that seeing it had been a loooong day. I hope you feel better soon, too much stress going on maybe!?

Your food is so flipping adorable & perfectly portioned ♥
    I love your cute work outfit too! That’s exactly how I want to dress for work this spring XD

lol i love the dinosaur nuggets…they’re so good! *_*