Butter Cookies & Warm Knits

Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012 | 20 Comments

For 2012 with every purchase of Walkers’ Scottie Dog products 10 cents will be donated to the ASPCA. You can feel great knowing that your purchase helps the ASPCA to give assistance to animal organizations across the country.

I don’t usually eat shortbread cookies but with the cold weather I wanted a treat to go with cinnamon spiced tea. My friend introduced me to this brand “Walkers.” The Scottie Dogs are so adorable. The other cookies are Jules Destrooper Ginger Thins.

Madewell knit sweater coat & silk gingham boyshirt with H&M tiered chiffon black skirt.

I got my hair trimmed later this day :)
It’s about 2″ shorter now but the same style.

I need to decide on the final items to pack for Thanksgiving travel. It’ll be near 70° where I’m visiting while here the high will only be near 50°

I often get extra “shop’y” before a trip. Suddenly everything I see is “so perfect for the trip!” I’ve done OK not impulse buy lately but I’ve had my difficult moments too. I’ve had to walk away from a few things. Catching myself thinking “I should get this because it’ll be perfect for the weather there.” In the past I would buy such “perfect” impulse items and then not even bring them with me on said trip!

Jenny posted on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012

20 Responses to “Butter Cookies & Warm Knits”

1. Maye says:

The sweter coats looks lovely!

Now a random question: You got the Cameran app for your iphone, You can buy it on itunes USA or you have to buy it with a japanese itunes card?

2. Margaret says:

Oh god, it’s so good to hear I’m not the only person who goes frenzy-shopping right before a trip. It’s insane! I’ve finally gotten out of the habit of packing my entire apt when I travel but I still struggle with thinking I need a new wardrobe.

I love Walkers shortbread cookies but didn’t know they had a Scottie dog version! How cute. Must buy them now–especially if it’s for a good cause.

3. Hayley says:

Thirded on the pre-trip shopping! I am honestly starting to think that I should factor it in to trip budgets.

Adorable shortbread! :D

Cute coat, I love the colour!

5. lissy says:

lovely coat, the edging is very unique
    and those walker shortbreads are amazing~

6. dish says:

I loooove Walkers shortbread cookies! I always feel like I could just eat and eat and eat them, but the calorie content terrifies me. D:

I do such impulse buying as well, especially before a trip. My worst is bags, really. I buy bags that I think will be great on the plane or walking around and almost always leave them home and take what I usually carry anyway.

I don’t comment often, but I always enjoy reading your blog.

7. rae says:

first off i hope you have a wonderful trip. and i know the feeling about thinking everything would be perfect to buy for a trip. i am a “dress for the occasion” kind of dresser so maybe that is why! also, those walker cookies are so cute. i like walker cookies sometimes but they are very rich and buttery so i cannot always eat them. i have the normal kind but these scottie shaped ones are just too cute! love your coat too, dear!

xx rae

8. Rene says:

Tell me about it! I have been spending so much on Uniqlo lately because they are selling winter clothes now! Everything seems perfect for my short trip to Tokyo next week or Hong Kong next month! I end up walking out from uniqlo with a shopping bag each time! I’m such a failure as compared to you :(

I love those Ginger Thins too! Yummy!

9. Miia says:

so happy you’re posting outfits – you look lovely as usual!

10. Xin says:

I love your outfit! SO NICE AND PERFECT !! You look amazing. I think I saw Walker cookies here in Germany too.

11. Cindii says:

Mmm yum cookies! It’s nice to give back and enjoy something out of it.

12. Jesslyn says:

I feel you! I always tend to “overbuy” clothing items and accessories before a trip. Weeks or even months beforehand, I will think of the items that might go well/be suitable for the trip. And yes, I realized often times I don’t even pack them into the luggage. I thought I am the only one, but yeah so maybe it’s not an odd phenomena too, LOL

13. Kate says:

I looooooooooooooooooooove this outfit!

14. Fanny says:

I like your bag :) sooo pretty ^^

15. Sakura says:

I love Walkers Short Bread but they dont sell these ones here only the normal ones…..im so sad! maybe i need to see if i can get online cause they are way to cute!
    x