Knitted Snood

Dec 27, 2012

Finished knitting my snood on Christmas Eve and got to block it last night. I’m so happy with how it turned out. :deco2: For my first knitting project in a long time, and for a “project” that was more of me casting on a random number of stitches and knitting mindlessly, it exceeded my expectations. I’m happy I could use this nice yarn I bought years ago. It’s soft and thick. Very warm. And the heather black color will match my typically all black “going to & from work” ensemble. :)

Stay warm!!

Tags:

30 Responses to “Knitted Snood”

1. Brittany says:

Very cute snood! Looks ultra warm and cozy and I love the neutral color. I wish that I had the patience to knit. Amazing job!

2. Kate says:

Wow, I was expecting something totally different — I use “snood” in the old way, to mean the vintage-style hair accessory, not a circle scarf (“infinity scarf”, whatever)! It looks cute! (:

3. Lauren says:

Very cute snood. Great job. This makes me want to pick up my crochet hook and start one a project.

4. tiff says:

Wow, that’s so cool! I’ve never knitted anything in my life before but I really enjoy watching people knit. It’s soo memorizing.

Great work on the snood (snood? snood. I love saying that word!), I wish I can make something as cool as that.

5. Maye says:

Looks lovely and warm indeed!!

…which reminds me that I have some yarn misplaced somewhere… D:

6. Michelle says:

Oh my goodness, I love it! The only way I can even attempt to knit a snood is to first knit a long rectangle and then stitch the two ends together, haha. T_T

7. Lei says:

How much did it cost to make and how long it took? You did a really nice job! I wish I had the patience to make one myself.

8. Vivien says:

Wow! That’s really impressive. It looks like something purchase from a store. I actually bought a book on knitting a while ago but haven’t quite gotten around to it yet. I think I may actually give it a go. Thanks for the inspo Jenny! :)

9. Sami says:

Youre so cute :3

10. Mai says:

That’s a super cute snood! I’ve always wanted to learn how to knit, but it probably requires a lot of patience/practice :/

11. winn says:

I only realized they existed (and how popular they were) while reading the magazines I bought at the airport on the flight back nooooo ; _ ; I bought a scarf already! I kind of had doubts about it (the name isn’t that appealing?) I wonder if I can ask my mom to knit me one since I can’t knit lololol Did it take you long to knit it?

Sew it end to end??? JUST KIDDING, whatever I use a scarf almost every day too it’s all good. Wrap it end to end behind the neck PROBLEM SOLVED!

I think this took me about 10 days :)

12. Lisa says:

Oh that’s nice! You used have a knitting blog or a knitting section right? That was a long time ago though. ^^;

13. Lisa says:

Haha awesome! I’ve been around for awhile. :) Oh wait, is that creepy? :P You used to have some cute quizzes too I think.

14. Miamy says:

Awww! That’s really pretty, you inspire me to take up knitting too!

15. Bianca says:

I dont think i ever finished knitting anything. just too lazy :/ But I love this idea of “knitting” Ive recently taken time back to do easy life things like reading, and drawing…some days its just good to treat yourself to doing what appears to be “nothing”

Nice! It looks pretty simple to knit, too. I wonder if I can find a pattern.

I haven’t been on so much but I like your “new” hair color/style!

17. Larissa says:

Jenny dear, I wonder what the point that you used on the sides. Thank you in advance. And you is very cute, I love your work ♥

18. Larissa says:

Oh, I wonder how many points you put in the needles too ^^’