Ginger Tights

Feb 12, 2013

I’ve been able to use these tights a couple of times since receiving them. They’re from TRAIN. They claim to heat your body up by 1.1°C (2.0°F) degrees after 30 minutes of wear using a mixture of ginger, chamomile, and capsaicin. Also soothes and “moisturizes” dry winter skin.

I do notice a difference compared to my normal 120den tights. The biggest difference is when standing or between windy gusts. The cool air still gets through (though not as easily than regular tights with denier lower than 120) but the moment you stop or the wind stops your legs suddenly don’t feel cold anymore. In general they feel warmer more quickly!

I can’t say I’ve seen a difference with the moisturizing effect but these are my favorite tights to pair underneath my fleece-lined tights on cold days out in the city. I also like the design of the waist support. It’s shaping but not suffocating making a good fit for pairing with other tights on the coldest of days.

I saw they were on sale at imomoko.com recently.

Overall I’m really happy I got these. Good quality, good fit. Great for winter :)

9 Responses to “Ginger Tights”

1. elaine says:

So this is how not to get sick! I never even heard of heat generating tights, but layering tights is definitely a good idea!

I’m big on products like these as I find a good pair of tights/leggings & layers are warmer than jeans!

3. Sarita says:

I’ve never heard of warming tights before! I’ve always wondered how girls in those northern areas manage to wear tights in the winter without freezing, I guess they all wear these things. Smart!

4. mishi says:

Yeah, my first time hearing about those kinds of tights. Even just around 1 degree C can make a difference. 120den tights are wonderful. Someone I know once came into work wearing four pairs when she could have just probably worn a higher denier pair.

5. MN says:

hi, i was wondering how come someone who’s so tiny has to wear size m~l socks? this is not the first time you mention these and i am really interested in getting a pair but i really don’t think these would fit me, i’m terribly tall ):

They’re stockings and they are only available in “M-L” which is very common for Japanese sizes. It’s basically “free size” or “one size fits all.” I’d say it’s equivalent to a small-medium in the US. Here are the measurements.

サイズ M-L
      length 150-165cm
      hip 85-98cm

6. Jenna says:

That sounds amazing! Why don’t they have such things in the states? :(

That is so cool that these tights warm your legs… I might have to give them a try myself!