Spring Wardrobe Picks

May 29, 2013

spring wardrobe

Spring Things

mint blazer (Zara)
gray blazer (JCrew)

denim dot shirt (Madewell)
blue pinstripe & dot shirt (Madewell)
red & blue striped shirt (Madewell)
sun kissed blue silk shirt (Everlane)
navy ryan tee (Everlane)
navy sweater (Everlane) *pictured here*

skinny skinny ankle jeans (Madewell)
bistro skirt (Madewell)

mountain blossom bag (Uguisu)
black flats (Payless)
hair ties (emi-jay, maison de reefur)
living grace perfume (Philosophy)

This was a long spring. It stayed chilly so even into late May this is what I’m wearing. However this week the temperatures are on the upswing from 60° to 90° so it’s likely full blown summer now. So this is maybe a look back at what I was wearing up until today. My favorite was really the ryan tee paired with the blazers. Some things will transition over into summer. I forgot to add my sweater to the photo. I quickly put everything together after getting home from work today.

I’m still obsessed with blue. I recently purchased a blue china-pattern like skirt I hope to get a lot of wear from this summer as well. It’s a mini skirt but I bought a size up so that it would be a little longer & office appropriate.

I’ve been wearing my hair up all spring and giving my eyes a break from contacts and wearing my glasses a little more often too.

Besides that I have some summer dresses still packed away that I’ll pull out. See how much I’ll wear them. Some things I pulled out for spring from last year I didn’t really wear much. That’s OK. They’re good items and I might want to wear them in the fall or next spring. Of course if they still go unworn I’ll probably donate them after that. :)

Tags: , , , , ,

38 Responses to “Spring Wardrobe Picks”

1. Kathy says:

Your style is just perfect and darling T u T

2. Maye says:

Wow, everything looks so clean and soothing (in a good way).

I wonder what you might plan for summer whe the heat arrives for sure!

3. Kanon says:

I’ve been looking at the grace perfume for a while…
    How do you like the scent?? I saw the package at the store
    before but they were the box packaged so I couldn’t
    try it… I wonder what it is like….

I really love your fashion… It’s simple and chic.
    Very formal and I like it.. Reminds of Rinka so much.

This is Living Grace’s official description:

This fragrance was formulated to help center a woman’s mood, enabling her to fully embrace the beauty of living in the present moment each day. This ethereal, clean scent evokes a sensory experience that creates uplifting feelings of vibrancy, well-being, and clarity. You don’t wear it, you live it.

Notes:
      Fresh Neroli, Lily of the Valley, Warm Musk.

It definitely smells like lily of the valley. It’s light but floral. There’s like 8 different “graces” though. This was my favorite of them but they all have a distinct scent.

4. elle says:

Such a pretty colour palette! I love the blues ( >⋎< ) I also like how they're all neatly set up!

Awe thanks. I was sorta lackadaisical about it. Could have done a more proper job but it turned out nice nonetheless. Thanks!

5. slayedoll says:

i love the relaxed and girly casual vibe your blog gives, it always brightens me up. :-)

6. yumiko-nyandesu says:

i guess this is okay for YOUR style…
    It totally suits someone with YOUR “idea” of fashion
    -2 kawaii scale

7. Rora says:

I’ve also realized that suddenly blue seems to be my new favorite color in clothing :o I always thought that blue is not my color and I should avoid it.. but then I bought few dresses in blue and those are my favorites now :’D

Yeah I didn’t have /much/ blue in my closet until this spring. I had maybe 3 or 4 shirts in blue but I’m really into blue pinstripes and I think it branched out from there.

8. Ria says:

Your fold game is on point. :p

9. cardiac says:

Your blouses are looking super cute!

10. Tiana Rose says:

Hello hello! New reader here :) Madewell is also a staple in my wardrobe. I love how you style yours, very relaxed business-casual coooool.

Hello! Thanks for stopping by! Definitely a Madewell closet over here. I wear a lot of it to work (business casual) and so I’d say that has (work) a lot of influence on my style outside the office as pictured above.

11. Cherri says:

I love your blog! although this is my first time to leave a comment. I wanted to share this with you because when I saw this I immediately thought of your blog! Enjoy :)

Hahahaha! You know it’s so strange, I bought my domain about 10 years ago and back then no sushi-cat jokes were really around but that game came out and now there’s sushi-cat everywhere!

12. Christine says:

I found about your blog through instagram and instantly fell in love! :D Such lovely style

13. Mai says:

I really love how simple your selections are. They’re minimalistic, but still have a trendy edge so it’s not completely boring. Do you know of any Japanese brands that have a similar style? I’m currently in Japan so I won’t be able to shop at Everlane or Madewell any time soon :T

Your wardrobe is indeed very blue!

15. Yen says:

Your style is so sophisticated. A perfect wardrobe for Paris.

16. Maria says:

I really envy your sense of style! And I love it how you keep it simple, but very stylish at the same time :) and the color pallet is very pretty (navy love~).
    Didn’t know Madewell but I’m glad I know it now!

Thank U Thank U! Yeah I just find it so easy to shop there. I mean they always have something I like and are extremely helpful so I basically have a 85% Madewell closet at this point.

17. xin says:

I love your choices (as always…)! Actually I would love to see you wearing them! I mean ootd pics. Honestly… where are the piiiics……….. crys

Haha yeah I just really don’t try to take them anymore. I’ll get really motivated some days and think “OK I’M GONNA DO IT FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT!” but then I forget to leave my camera in my closet and then I just 100% forget.

18. Alanna says:

Love this post. So crisp and casual :)