Current Autumn Wardrobe

Nov 15, 2013

It’s November and about time I do a seasonal capsule post!
These are the things I’m wearing the most (excluding work.)

autumn capsule

Bottoms
- Skinny Skinny Ankle denim in black frost (Madewell)
- Skinny Skinny Ankle denim in pool wash (Madewell)
- Ridgestripe pencil Skirt (Madewell)

Dress
- Striped Gondola Dress (Madewell)

Tops
- cashmere sweater in burgundy (Everlane)
- U-neck white tee (Everlane)
- cashmere sweater in navy (Everlane)
- Dotted navy long sleeve tee
- Tippi sweater in light gray (J.Crew)
- Tippi sweater in black (J.Crew)

Outerwear
- faux leather jacket (H&M)

Shoes
- black flats (Payless)
- black oxfords (Nordstrom)

Accessories
- burgundy fleece tights
- burgundy wool cap (Madewell)
- wool scarf (H&M)

autumn capsule
autumn capsule

Focused on comfort right now. Putting on a super soft cashmere sweater and cozy stretchy pencil skirt is just what my stressed out body needs right now. I’m in a lot of pain and discomfort with all this dental work going on and other stress; I just need to feel good at the end of the day!

A few weekends ago I picked up the pool wash denim at Madewell. I bought them 2 sizes too big so that they would have a nice boyfriend look & feel to them. The actual boyfriend denim they offer don’t flatter me at all so I’m glad I gave this idea a go!

Thought I’d add some links to the items I could still find pages for.

Oxfords (x) Dress (x) Skirt (x) Denim (x) Everlane cashmere (x) J.Crew sweaters (x) Hat (x) Everlane tee (x) Flats (x)

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “Current Autumn Wardrobe”

1. Hayley says:

Lovely as always. I find your capsule wardrobes so inspiring!

2. Polly says:

Oh! Love this post, every piece in this capsule works so well together. Super stylish! I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect boyfriend jean but I also find most of the boyfriend cuts and sometimes the wash to be unflattering! I will have to try your sizing up idea.

3. megan says:

lovely! I recognize the red sweater from the selfie you posted the other day. I had a question about that: what gold eye shadow were you wearing?

4. Amelia says:

Lovely as always. And I do agree, cashmere sweaters are a comfortable person’s dream.

5. Joyce says:

We have very similar fall color palettes! The only difference is that I use some brown.

6. Bianca says:

Im definitely wearing all the same things ;) BUT IM BUYING THOSE SHOES GAHHH

7. Melissa says:

Lovely picks! Every piece in this post can be mixed so well together!

8. sukipooki says:

Loving all the knit sweaters! I’m really getting a autumn nautical vibe from these hehe I also love your choice of foot wear! It rains so much here we practically live in boots!

9. Mareni says:

I like how balanced the wardrobe is in terms of patterns and textures. My fall/ winter wardrobe is shaping up to be the same with the muted colors too :)

I have a question if I may ask, Jenny. I recently got a pair of fleece tights and I was wondering how should I wash them? I was told to wash them inside out on the gentle cycle with warm/cold rinse but I was wondering if I should add a little fabric softener too? What do you think? Any advice is appreciated :)

Definitely follow any instructions on the tag but I wash mine solo on handwash no spin with gentle detergent on cold only. I don’t use softener with them because they’re soft enough already and also I worry it’ll effect the stretchy give. These were just the instructions on my tag :)

10. Miya says:

Such a perfect color palette and balance of winter essentials. The only thing I will say is that you deserve a real leather jacket…… The second I got one, it changed my life.