It’s Still Winter

Monday, Jan. 27, 2014 | 9 Comments

I’ve started craving a little more color in my wardrobe and went shopping for pastels this weekend. A challenge right now as every store is trying to get rid of their thick wool and black pants which is beyond tempting. So much so that I bought a new pair of black slacks for work. But I also got a light grey sweater (light grey it counts!) and a pastel blue blazer similar to my old mint colored blazer. Though it’s surprising I’m thinking about spring when it’s still below freezing most days and snowing constantly.

new clothes

new clothes

I got a few Elence 2001 products recently including this above hair mask. This line of hair products is all about a healthy scalp and breaks their line down by hair needs (such as volume.) This mask smells really good and fruity. It doesn’t weigh my hair down as much as Essential’s does but I want to try it a few more times before I decide if I like it or not. :)

Also I was looking at Artifact Uprising earlier and felt really determined to put together a 2013 book! But like many past attempts at creating these online photobooks I wonder if it would just peter out. Currently I only seem to accomplish putting together old-fashioned style photo albums with printed photos and album sleeves. And then I’m also like, “is this something I want to haul around with me if I move?” I don’t know. Sometimes I feel I’m the only person who could ever talk themselves out of documenting wonderful memories!

Jenny posted on Monday, Jan. 27, 2014
Tags: , , , ,

9 Responses to “It’s Still Winter”

Love the snow photos! It’s been snowing a heck crazy lot here in Ontario, Canada too. I also am itching to buy more spring pastel colour clothes! SOOO BORED of my grey, black and white monotone dark colours for winter.

I think that artifact uprising book is a neat idea. Kind of like something I wanna do too! =)

2. Elyse says:

I think everyone’s got spring on their minds right now! I moved up from Virginia to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania last year and adjusting to the coooonstant snow is just killing me!

Very cute finds! I love that grey sweater!

3. meg says:

Pretty colors! The grey and blue are a good combo.

The weather here keeps yo-yo-ing. It was 70 yesterday, and the high today is 21. :/

4. Kaanda says:

Hah I’ve got the same color blazer, it’s so comfy and the color is easy to match. If you like to look up “Project Life” it’s like a scrapbook photo album. Folders for your pictures and decorations and they have loads of different covers. It’s nice to craft during those cold winter days. I know they sell it on Amazon and probably their own website.

5. Miyanko says:

I love that sweater! It looks comfy :)

6. Hannah says:

Even if it snows here, my boyfriend ends up having to work from his computer at home. His job sends him the assignments(like b2b(business to business) page,banners, what icons need to be fixed,etc.) If it snows here, I can’t work since I do a job where I have to be at the location.

I really like the light blue blazer! Its hard for me to actually get into the mood of wearing blue in my wardrobe. I always have either blacks or really bright reds,oranges,yellows, and pinks. XD

7. Jasmine says:

Is that an acai bowl? I had one when I was in Hawaii and it was amazing!!!
    I am loving your style…the leather jacket adds the perfect amount of edge.

8. Anna says:

I love the sweater. I’m not a big fan of blazers because they make my shoulders look massive. I wish I could pull them off better.

9. Rae says:

Really lovely post, Jenny. It has been so long since I have visited your blog, but I am glad that I have found it again! Looks like you got some great purchases. I know the whole sale thing all to well too. There aren’t many stores in Berlin trying to get rid of their black slacks but I did just buy a new rain jacket that was 50% off, I just couldn’t let that sale go to waste! Haha. Love the outfit you are wearing too with the stripped shirt and leather motorcycle jacket you look fabulous!

rae from lovefromberlin