Current Pre-spring Wardrobe

Mar 02, 2014

Was asked if I could do a wardrobe post so here ya go. I would consider what I’m wearing lately as pre-spring. I was in thicker sweaters and chambray during December and January. Now I’m living in these items all February long. Some things I wear to work but as always this is a non-work capsule.

capsule wardrobe

Bottoms
- Madewell Skinny Skinny Jeans in black frost
- Madewell Legging Jeans in arctic blue
- Madewell Ridgestripe Skirt
- Navy Pleated Skirt (Macy’s)

Tops
- Madewell Washed Cotton Boyshirt in marseille blue
- Everlane Cashmere Sweater in navy
- Madewell Gridstich Sweater in heather pebble
- Madewell Berry Plaid Boyshirt

Shoes
- Payless black flats
- H&M black boots

Accessories
- handmade gray wool circle scarf
- Julia Marco bag
- Mermaid Mane Sea Salt Hair Spray
- Oceane perfume
- Emi-Jay/Old Navy hair ties

Not Pictured
- Black Wool Chester Coat
- Fleeced Lined Black Tights

capsule wardrobe
capsule wardrobe

Attempted to add more color into the mix but just ended up with light blue and light grey. A bit blue-obsessed lately too. Blue and red tend to be the only non-neutral colors I buy.

I really like this set right now. Honestly I’m almost always in that oversized boxy grey “gridstitch” sweater. Paired with the jean leggings or navy skirt with fleece tights. There’s just something about it that makes me feel really good when I wear it.

Thought I’d add some links to a few of the items I could still find pages for.
Denim (x) Skirt (x) Cotton Boyshirt (x) Gridstitch Sweater (x) Cashmere Sweater (x) Flats (x) Bag (x) Hair Spray (x) Fleece Tights (x)

Tags: , , ,

14 Responses to “Current Pre-spring Wardrobe”

1. Sewon says:

Adorable wardrobe, as always! And thank you for sharing the link to the fleece-lined tights. The ones I brought from Korea are already holey from me wearing them so much, and it’s good to know I can get them online.

2. MajinRin says:

I love your wardrobe posts! ^^ so nice =D
    Are the boots from H&M comfortable?

greets
    MajinRin

They’re OK. They’re comfortable enough to wear out but they’re really high so I wouldn’t want to go walking for hours in them.

Love this! Me too, blue is such a great season-neutral color

Ahhh i love that touch of velvet on the hair tieeee

4. meg says:

How do you feel that type of hair tie compares to regular ponytails? They look super cute but I haven’t tried them yet.

I prefer them! After buying my first emi-jay’s 2 years ago I refuse to go back to regular hair ties. I’m really sensitive and get headaches from ponytails sometimes but with these I never get headaches but they still hold the hair firmly! They’re really gentle and never pull at hair.

5. Tiff says:

I nearly gasped because I thought I didn’t see a single stripe in sight! Then I saw the skirt and everything went back to normal again lol. Although I am loving this post because I love all your pieces, and I love seeing the lack of stripes because I am so stuck in a stripey fashion rut right now.

Yeah it just happens that all my stripes are for warmer weather so I wore a striped top 2 weekends ago when it hit 60F’s but it’s dipped back down to 10F’s again. I wear this grey sweater multiple times a week :)

6. firipa says:

Lovely selection, they feel very much like intemporal pieces. Recently I tend to go for a lot of blue as well! And this winter I started to add some light grey too. I guess we are thinking the same ;)