Soup and Sprouts and Shampoo

Apr 29, 2014

This weekend I made my Grandmother’s vegetable soup recipe. At first I thought I got it a bit wrong, but then after eating a bowl cold I realized it tasted exact! I had just rarely ever eaten it hot and instead always ate it gazpacho style as a kid. I also never had unlimited quantities of the soup to myself. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve eaten it since Saturday.

I bought a crap-load of shampoo this weekend too. If the local Japanese market carries a new hair care line there’s a 100% chance I’m going to buy it without considering how often a single person can actually wash their hair in their lifetime. Added ISM Hair care and Umi No Uruoiso to my collection. I haven’t opened them yet though but will pick one tonight because my current shampoo & conditioner went empty.

I’m actually most interested in the ocean themed line. It uses various seaweed extracts and just sounds all around summer-mermaid-themed.

Tags: , , ,

32 Responses to “Soup and Sprouts and Shampoo”

1. Margaret says:

I was just looking at those ISM products last night! Went with an old faithful instead but I’ll be interested to hear what you think of them. The Umi No Uruoiso also look lovely–I haven’t seen them before.

The soup looks great! I love the flowers too. =)

3. Elyse says:

That soup looks delicious! I got a crock pot for christmas, so I try to make lots of soups! I just love ‘em!

Those ISM bottles would be enough for me to have to snatch them off the shelf! They look like beautiful jewels!

4. Churi Chan says:

the shampoos sound interesting :D I have no Japanese or East Asian stores around so I can’t try products like this out :(

5. Amelia says:

The ISM bottles confirm my love for Japanese packaging.

Soups are my favorite thing to cook as they are not very difficult.

6. Laura says:

Hahaha can’t believe I read this as “soup and sprout shampoo” ;_;
    It looks delicious, though! & the shampoo packaging is so cute ^^

7. Susy says:

That soup looks sooooo good!
    Perfect for the cooler weather aswell!
    How do you choose what brands of shampoo you buy?
    Have you seen reviews of these ones before?

Some of them I’ve seen on cosme.net or in magazines while others I’m familiar with the brand line already (like Rose of Heaven) but others I’ve never seen before like the Kracie one I bought. I just read the bottles to see if they’re of any interest to me. I like ones with good fragrances listed or use collagen or some other “special care” ingredients (like this one with seaweed.)

8. Loma says:

Any chances you share your grandma’s recipe? Looks so yummy and I’m terrible as a soup cook. :( I love the hair products packages. I kinda buy cosmetics for the package, you can judge me HEHE

9. Mai says:

All of those shampoo collections look really cute! How long does it take you to go through a set?

Hmmm maybe 6 weeks? Right now my hair is longer & I have multiple bottles open so it’s hard to really tell. But I do remember when I only used 1 brand I’d need to buy more every other month or so.

10. Amicia Rai says:

That soup looks really delicious! But I am drooling over your shampoos even more! Japanese cosmetics are the best! ^_^

11. Sidney says:

WOW we are like the opposite when it comes to hair stuff. i go through one bottle like every 4 months and NEVER CHANGE UNLESS I HAVE TO…i think you’re always way more brave than i am when it comes to trying new products, tho!!! and i bet your hair smells lovely all the time~~

Don’t you skip hair washing a lot though? I remember you saying you were trying that no wash approach and being really intrigued by it.

12. Thao says:

Yum soup looks great!

How long do you use the shampoo before determining it’s a good or bad shampoo for your hair? A day? A week? A month?

A week is usually enough. If I find it doesn’t do much for my hair I use it on nights I know I’ll be home most of the day (like days I work at home) and I try to use at least half of it before tossing because I don’t wanna feel guilty about it.

13. Tiff says:

I am really curious… I hope you don’t mind me asking, because this may be a bit personal but… does your hubby share your shampoo? Or do you have separate shampoo? Because I really want to use nice shampoo but I wouldn’t want to share at all! The poor thing would be forced to buy his own shampoo for personal use lol.

We use separate shampoos because our hair needs are a bit different. We also have separate bathrooms so it’s never really an issue. He’ll use mine though a few times a month when he happens to shower in the master bath. He loves those 2 in 1 men shampoos/conditioners.

14. rae says:

I always love your posts so much, Jenny! Looks like you picked up some great products and that soup looks so yummy. Always love your photography!

rae of love from berlin

15. Anonymous says:

If you don’t mind, what was the name of the Japanese market you bought the shampoos from?

16. Miya says:

Seaweed is supposed to be awesome for your hair! I like Lush’s ‘Big Shampoo’ because of the seaweed + lemon!