Chanel ILLUSION D’OMBRE in Vision

May 22, 2014

Purchased two of Chanel’s cream eyeshadows a few weekends ago after Karme convinced me they were the bees knees. I originally just went for the shade mirage. A neutral shimmery beige. However when I saw the gold shade of vision with its stunning chunks of sparkle I got it as well. I had been looking for a gold cream shadow to replace the Dolly Wink version I tossed months ago.

Chanel Illusion D’Ombre

Pros
Sparkles like a star (photo doesn’t do it justice)
Easy to apply
No fallout
Easy to remove
No creasing when used with an eyeshadow base

Cons
Application brush is really stiff
Some sparkles left after initial face washing

The application brush is a lot stiffer than I thought it would be. It’s ok for applying the color as a liner but I haven’t quite found a good use for it. Also there is some dreaded “leftover” sparkle after washing away the eyeshadow at first but a quick second splashing can remove that. I haven’t been stuck with glitter all over my face for days like I have been with other cream glittery shadows. If I accidentally touch too low under my eye when applying I can simply wet a tissue and wipe it away easily.

The mirage color is even easier to apply and remove and both of these are great for low-maintenance makeup days. Really glad I got these. :)

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Chanel ILLUSION D’OMBRE in Vision”

1. Charlene says:

With cream shadows I’ve always found it best to use fingers, not an applicator. I love cream shadows. Catrice is awesome, but you’ll need someone from Europe to ship to you.

This is the first time I’ve gotten a cream shadow that came with an applicator. It’s funny because these really take me back to the Dream Mousse days!

2. Jesse says:

So pretty! I love shimmery eyeshadows so much.

3. Kat says:

Your makeup and top are both so adorable! Can I ask where the shirt is from? :)

4. kamille says:

What’s the lasting power like for the cream eyeshadows? Is it noticeable without a separate eye shadow on top? :) I’m curious because I have never found one that really sticks without creasing.

I’m sorry I just meant when used with any eyeshadow base. I’m currently using NARS. Not sure if you’ve ever tried that line. I have greasy lids and it’s the only one that works 100% all the time for me.

5. Evie says:

so pretty~ you wear this look so well!!

6. Catherine says:

thats a very pretty shade. I love cream eyeshadows. applied with fingers hastily in the morning and they still look good. its very convenient :)

7. Sidney says:

i really love your style of one solid color all across the lid with these soft lashes. and your baby bangs!!! u so lovely~~~~~
    (also i’m finally catching up s9 on spn THANKS TO YOU AND DEMON EYES DEAN WTH HIS HAPPENING OMG ㅠㅠ ON EP 15 NOW)

Ahhhhh thank you thank you. I tend to get more compliments with this style than when I wear darker or shading colors so I started wearing it more hahaha.

YEAH SUPERNATURAL!! I’m sorry for the demon dean spoilers. I’m sorry S9 has so many poopy episodes. I’m sorry for how scary and disturbing dean gets. I’m sorry. :P