Inspirations in Basics
Thursday June 19, 2014
“Jeans & a tee” doesn’t have to carry the connotation of lazy-dressing. 90% of it probably lies in the attitude of the wearer. The other 10% is likely accessories and color palette. I’ve gotten the question, “How do you wear a tee and jeans without looking like you gave up,” so, so often. For me, the color tones of a basics look are more important than the actual fit. I talk a lot about my Everlane box-cut tees. This shape just works for me in both fit and personal preference. I feel good in them. I have them in 6 different colors now. Would some suggest a more fitted tee would show off my figure better and thus, “look better?” You betcha. But I wouldn’t feel comfortable in that and I would look uncomfortable and people would see me looking uncomfortable and that’s just an all-around no for me.
So here are some inspirations from STYLENANDA using pretty basic items, some with special details and others just paired with contrasting textures and volume.
23 Responses to “Inspirations in Basics”