I added a new bright red nail polish to my collection recently. Estée Lauder’s Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Pure Red. Received it care of Yesstyle, it’s a gorgeous color. I was wearing it all last week for the first time. It stayed chip-free for 5 days. It only began to chip due to excessive heat, steam, and water exposure during my all-day Korean Spa visit.
The color is a perfect pure red. It went on smoothly and though I did two coats I think a single coat would have been fine. I used the Ettusais top coat.
- High shine
- Long Wear
“Formulated with True Vision™ technology to transform ordinary color and make it extraordinary.
- Rich, glossy with an intense, mirror-like high shine.
- Fast-drying. Long-wearing.
- High-pigment, high-impact brilliance
- Resists chipping-even in water.
- High coverage that won’t fade, dull or streak, even in strong sunlight.
Specially designed brush shape makes application incredibly easy.
In 3 strokes-middle, left and right-you’re done.”
This was the first time I used Estée Lauder Nail Lacquer and I’m quite happy with the results.
I purged some old polish today. Colors where the polish was sludge-like or the color had separated. I’m still disappointed that my Dior Royalty Red went bad within 6 months. I don’t think I’ll be buying Dior nail polish again any time soon. :cry:
Within the last year or 2 I’ve gotten strangely picky with my choice in nail color. I’ve talked about this before, but yeah, so these are it!
From left to right -
- base coats & top coats
- nude & sheer pinks
- reds, coral, & glittery orange
- minty tones
I don’t keep them in anything fancy. Just this white tray so it’s easy to spot the colors :)
I’m tempted to buy Chanel’s “Frenzy” but we’ll see~~
Tracy asked for a full list of the above polishes. I have some free time so I figured “Sure! Why not!”
From left to right, front to back:
- Anna Sui glitter top coat
- Ettusais Gel top coat
- Majolica Majorca Glass Drop top coat
- Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Hardener base coat
- Sephora by OPI Strengthener base coat
- Nail Parlor [ネイルパーラー] in Peach Melba (04)
- MFC [My Featuring Colors] in PK-3 (pink pearl)
- Sephora by OPI in Nonfat Soy Half Caff
- Chanel in Lotus Rouge
- butter LONDON in Chancer
- Sephora by OPI in Special Request
- Sephora by OPI in Once a Cheetah, Always a Cheetah
- Dior in Waterlily
- Sugar Doll [シュガードール] in Mint Macaron
- China Glaze in Sea Spray
- Integrate [インテグレート] in WT951 (white shimmer)
- Dolly Wink [ドーリーウインク] in Silver Glitter (13)
- Nail Parlor [ネイルパーラー] in Ginger Ale
- Sephora by OPI in Keep Me on My Mistletoes
- Sephora by OPI in Don’t be Eggnog-ious