H&M Rider Jacket

Sep 25, 2013

I think every winter I go through the “I want a leather jacket” phase for at least a few weeks. I always shake it before indulging despite the temptation all around.. everywhere. I saw this one at Madewell a few weeks ago & didn’t even try it on in fear I’d never want to take it off.

But Rinka and Supernatural’s Abaddon just make a leather jacket look so good and so essential…

Rinka in maison de reefur leather jacket

From Rinka’s blog featuring the new Maison de Reefur leather rider jacket. She had a similar one in last year’s autumn collection.

Rinka maison de reefur leather jacket
Rinka in maison de reefur leather jacket

From this month’s issue of Baila featuring Rinka and the new autumn/winter Maison de Reefur items.

Supernatural's AbaddonSupernatural's Abaddon

If you follow my Tumblr then… you know why… Abaddon everything for me.

So I ended up on H&M’s online store and noticed just how many various leather-style jackets they had up.

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve shopped H&M for various reasons. But Monday night made me feel like maybe I had been missing out. I went in and tried on all the styles. Found the one I LOVED but it wasn’t in my size. Not for sale online either. So, even though it was near store closing time, the staff offered to call other nearby H&Ms and tracked my size down for hold! Mike suggested we race to the other H&M that night to pick it up too. Made it with 15 minutes to spare! Totally worth it, haha! Really turned my whole day around.

leather style jacket from HM
leather style jacket from HM

This style looked the best on me with the banded style button collar. Supernatural has really made coat shopping with Mike extremely easy because now everything is a “Dean jacket” or “Castiel trench” with this one being “like Abaddon” because before saying “parka” didn’t really get my visual across. ;)

This will be a nice break from my blazers and red peacoat.

Tags: , , ,

21 Responses to “H&M Rider Jacket”

1. Maye says:

Nice jacket! :Db
    Whenever I see Rinka featured in Baila, Sweet and other mags promoting Maison de Reefur, I think of you. XD
    She’s amazing.

2. megan says:

They are always wearing coats on Supernatural. Either it’s always cold, or not as much time has passed as I think (I’m on episode 50-something, I think?).

I just assume it’s because it’s a fall-spring show and they’re rarely in the south haha! But there are a few exceptions but eps 50 you’re like in S3 still right? I don’t wanna give spoilers :X

3. Linda says:

YAYYYYYYY you finally got one! Hahah, I have been reading your blog for yearssss and I’m so glad you found a leather jacket that you love!

4. Ria says:

Hahaha, I love that you guys are both into Supernatural. I need a really good leather jacket too, can’t wait to see this one on you.

5. Zoey says:

I know this post is supposed to be about awesome leather jackets but I’m obsessed with Rinka’s leopard print trousers. Are the new Reefer items up yet online?

6. Kristine says:

I had a leather jacket, two- one black and one beige. I don’t know where the black one went, but the beige stayed at home while I was moving to another country. Since it’s autumn, I can’t stop looking and thinking about a leather jacket. It’s a must have in my autumn wardrobe! I hope that I’ll buy one soon :)

7. Amelia says:

That is a really beautiful jacket.

I really love Rinka’s outfit.

8. Phaze says:

you look FAB and i love that jacket!

phazestyle.blogspot.co.uk x

9. Denny says:

I’m really surprised you didn’t have a leather jacket. I love leather jackets and I have a few in my wardrobe. They are extremely easy to style (especially for me because they are super close to my style). I hope you enjoy your new purchase♥

10. Loma says:

OMG I love leather jackets, never had one until recently. My sister gave me one and it will be very useful, since I am going to spend winter in north america (summer here in Brazil) and we never felt really cold here… I’m kinda scared! lol I think that Rinka turns everything she wears into a desire outfit *o* and OMG i found a Madewell store at the Grove mall in Los Angeles and I though about you, because it is your fault that I am absolutely in love with this store now! hahahaha <3

Oh nice jacket! I got one from H&M just sometime back in March on sale. The style sort of looks similar to the one rinka is wearing.

12. Bianca says:

everytime I put one on I’m just like “nope” but i’ve always loved the idea

same way with socks and heels

can’t wait to see you in it tho

I love love love the one you picked out! Such a classic design, & fits your simple, effortless style so well ♡

14. Miya says: