Relaxing Weekend

Jun 29, 2014

I’ve been extremely busy this week. It’s one of those weeks where no matter how much you try to minimize your stress you just can’t without purposely cutting off obligations. And sometimes I do just that. I simply say “no” or don’t follow through; for the sake of my sanity.

So this weekend I’ve done what can only be described as “nothing.” I’ve left the house once to pick up some groceries. I’ve eaten ice cream, binge watched some TV, taken multiple naps, ordered pizza, laid out (which is a fancy way of saying I put on my bathing suit and some tanning oil and took a nap outside,) and played video games. It’s been one of the most enjoyable weekends in a long time.

pizza with basil
nasturtium flowers
grapes and rose lemonade drink

12 Responses to “Relaxing Weekend”

1. Tiff says:

Ugh, glad you had a good weekend! I had a week like that too, and I’m usually really good at saying ‘no’ but stuff just kept coming up. I actually booked myself in for two weeks leave from work soon. Sometimes you just gotta look after yourself :).

2. Sofia says:

Sounds like a nice weekend for recharging. Everyone needs it, and some of us need it even more. I can definitely be the person who cancels my plans because I need to “do nothing” for a day or two.

3. Twinkle says:

Any weekend with pizza is a weekend well spent.

I say this because I need to justify last weekend when I ate pizza three different times.

4. Kate says:

I love recharge time. We all need it at one point or another!

5. Miya says:

im a bikini addict so of course I am going to ask: where is your bikini from?!? you should do a post on bathing suits!!!

6. jj says:

i found your blog by chance by i just had to comment on this because i LOVE green grapes! Sounds like very relaxing and comforting weekend =)