Camping Again

Jul 21, 2014

I went camping again last weekend. It was hot & humid but the all natural repellent sprays I made with cinnamon and lavender kept most the bugs away.

camping photocamping photo

camping photocamping photo

camping photocamping photo

camping photocamping photo

camping photocamping photo

8 Responses to “Camping Again”

1. Tiff says:

I have never, ever been interested in camping before but your photos are actually slooowly converting me!

I think there’s this idea that camping has to be this exhausting rugged busy workout of a hobby but basically I just nap under trees.

2. Bella says:

Cards against humanity is a wonderful thing to take for evenings outside!
    Your camping pictures always look much more pretty and quaint then when I go camping!! My photos are just me eating and greasy hair haha!!

Love Belle xox

Hahaha! Well greasy hair is unavoidable that’s why I bring elastic bands or bobby pins. Maybe I should have posted a picture of the burn I got from a hot marshmallow falling on my leg. Add in more realism! xD

3. Ashe says:

Ah this looks like so much fun!

Do you have any certain places you love to go camping? My husband and I live in south eastern VA and I think we’ve exhausted all the good places down south but we don’t know where to go up in NoVa!

The place I go for like a quick get away is probably too far from you guys BUT I think you’re about the same distance as I am from Shenandoah! Have you guys been up there? We’ve stayed at the Lewis campgrounds a few times and it’s worth the 3 or so hours drive for a long weekend.

• Ashe says:

Oh we haven’t been to that particular area! We stay at a cabin in blue Ridge owned by the ATC once a year, but we will have to try Lewis! We’ve been mostly doing stuff in our area or south of us (Merchant’s Millpond in NC is lovely if you guys ever feel like going a little further south!)

4. Thao says:

Everyone’s going camping right now! I’m so jealous. I need to force my boyfriend to go camping with me since I’ve never done it before. He’s ex-Boy Scout, so I’m hoping he’ll know what to do… Hahaha.