Japanese Magazine “Mart”

Monday November 17, 2014

Last month I randomly picked up Mart magazine. I saw it had some mason jar specific section and bought it immediately. I was looking for something less fashion and more lifestyle and Mart is definitely that. It focuses around food, home, and fashion. A lot of tutorials, recipes, cafe recommendations, home decorating ideas, and so on. There are a few pages devoted to fashion and beauty as well.

I scanned in about 20 pages. There was an entire “Costco” section (ha!) It had some good ideas and I ended up trying grape seed oil for the first time because of it. There was also a nice section on fragrance in the home, mason jar trends, small gardens for cooking, and decorating an entryway.

Tags:

19 Responses to “Japanese Magazine “Mart””

1. Hannah ♡ says:

Japanese lifestyle and fashion magazines never cease to amaze me. This was certainly an interesting read! I really liked the mason jar “cafe” recipes and the bit about the granola cereal. Very cute!

I like this magazine because it gives ideas that seem relatively easy to do within your own life. Sometimes magazines make me feel I need to change entirely too much for their ideas to be realistic.

2. Sewon says:

Thank you for sharing these scans, Jenny!

3. Vermillion says:

Interesting! I like the drinks/desserts shown in the mason jars *u* I didn’t realise that’s what those jars are called.

4. Céline says:

Many thanks for this scans, i love lifestyle’s magazines (i buy “aene”). ^^

5. Jessica says:

This is not related, but do you have any recommendations for fashionable yet warm snow boots with narrow calf? I have trouble finding one :(

6. Ashe says:

Ah! I love it! Jenny where do you pick up magazines? If there is somewhere in the DC area I would totally be willing to drive up there to find some!

There’s a tiny market called Maruichi. They sell magazines. Usually the second week of the month is when they get most of them in like anecam, baile, vivi, sweet, seventeen, and maybe a few others like glow, and lee. You can also get a subscription at fujisan.com

7. Sarita says:

japanese magazines are the best! I should stop by Kinokuniya and maybe pick up a few.

Since you have grape seed oil try using it as a makeup remover! I use it as an oil cleanser before my regular cleanser and it takes off every last trace of makeup beautifully :)

I heard it’s great for that too. I’m hesitant to try myself though because oil always breaks me out, even those beauty oils and the oil-based removers like shu uemura’s. I have to specifically buy oil-free makeup and lotions or else it’s pimple-city on my face lol

8. Kate says:

this kind of thing is totally my jam, haha.

9. J says:

Hi Jenny!Can you recommend some good warm winter jackets for temperatures as low as -4 Fahrenheit? What about jeans/tights? How do you usually keep your legs warm? Thanks :)

Definitely something double lined at the very least a long wool coat with winbreaking material lined inside. I mean if there are just a few days where it “feels” -4F with wind chill you can get by with a long wool coat and heattech tights worn under fleece tights. If you’re in that temp A LOT then I suggest buying something from like REI or LL Bean with temperature ratings.

fleece tights