Caverns

Tuesday September 16, 2014

Wow I haven’t updated in a month. I assure you that wasn’t my intention, I’ve just been sick for pretty much 4 weeks straight. I also have a sprained tendon with possible fracture in my foot that requires me to wear a big medical boot when I walk around. If I were still in that phase of life where things embarrassed me I’d probably feel embarrassed, but I’m not, so I don’t. :)

I honestly had to visit my site just to be sure it was still even up! That’s sad. I’ve been really sick since going out of town for a wedding weeks ago.

While in the area I visited a nearby cavern. When I was young my parents would take me on road trips and we’d stop and see caverns. It’s something Mike loves to do as well so we make time to visit no matter how small they seem. This one in particular was a bit different than the ones I usually see. Completely made of limestone, it lacks the usual stalactite formations. But due to a fault line it had some incredible sights. It was long, with both narrow and open passages and felt more of a hike than anything else. Tons and tons of uphill walking due to it being in a mountain which was a first for me. Also the entrance is lighted with a string of about 2 dozen chandeliers. It looks as though Urban Outfitters decorated it :P

laurel caverns

The wedding was nice too with fruit shaped marzipan cookies.

Tags:

14 Responses to “Caverns”

1. Vermillion says:

Those fruit shaped marzipan cookies look super cute! I hope you’re feeling better now.

2. Bella says:

Oh gosh, I feel for you, I’ve had a cough that I’ve had for nearly 7 weeks now it just wont go away!! Feel better soon, Love Belle xox

3. Krystal says:

Hope you feel better soon and get back into the blogsphere.

I’ve pretty much neglected my blog for over a month ago. Just been lazy =(

4. firipa says:

Hi Jenny, get well soon!

Firipa long time no see!!!!!! I am I am. Today was sooo much better than yesterday. I just hope to no longer need a cough suppressant medication soon :/

5. Bianca says:

hope you’re feeling better!!

I am!!!!!!! I’m still coughing up ick but I’ll be camping tonight so hopefully the fresh air will help! Still love that instagram you pointed in my direction!

6. Lolo says:

Jennnnnn <3
    I hope you and your foot feel better soon~
    I've never been inside a cavern before. It looks beautiful~ The third photo…..are those colorful lights placed in the cavern or is that the color of the actual cavern when illuminated?

They’re colorful lights! It’s super common for caverns to be lit up with colorful lights four tours. In this one each section is a different color to denote distance! So they lit up each section to show how far back this particular part of the cave went back. … then they synced the lights to classical music LOL. Caverns are 50% amazing natural beauty and 50% humans being goofy.

i went there as a kid with my family! it was so fun :) Nice to see your beautiful pictures of it – so atmospheric

8. Miya says:

I didn’t even realize caverns were a thing!!!! My parents would take me to abandoned military camps when we were on road trips along the coastline hahah.