CAMERAtan iPhone App

Tuesday January 18, 2011

CAMERAtan
I thought it would be fun*_* to share my love for this little toy camera app *_* I got for the iPhone 4. I looked at a lot :rejected: of different apps for adding toy camera effects to photos. :;_;: The free ones I’ll download no worries but 99cents and up I shopped around. :laughingheart: CAMERAtan was the first one I bought and I love it SO MUCH! I haven’t ran into any bugs and the options seem almost endless and very easy to navigate. It’s from a Japanese developer and you can follow the blog here. It reached #2 best selling app of iTunes Japan apparently and was #1 for Photography. :okicon:
It’s only .99 cents! :good:

The interface is really fun and colorful. You have 3 sizing options: 800px, 1200px, and original. There are 3 effect patterns. This seems to affect the amount of vignetting with some effects. There are 44 different effects and a “random” choice button that follows you on each page. :star: After launching the app you can either choose to take a new photo to use or choose one from your library. You can also pile on effects with the “Add” option. I love this! :kissyheart: I often combined “Flash” and “ToyStorm1″ or an effect with “Film Frame.” :fleetheart:

So here is an example of every single effect (combinations of each NOT included, haahaa.) It’s VERY image heavy, so just a warning. This is a box of bath salts I haven’t had a chance to show yet, :faceaha: very colorful pink box! Taken on my bathroom counter with the iPhone :ohyeslovely:

Tags:

87 Responses to “CAMERAtan iPhone App”

1. Rachel says:

Oh, wow! What a great app! I’ll definitely keep this one in mind once the iPhone comes to Verizon and I can (finally) get it! There was also Instagram and Hipstamatic…but this one looks fun too!

Yea I looked at those two as well, decided to go with this one, but maybe, for whatever reason, I’ll buy Hipstamatic later on down the road. It really came down between Hipstamatic & CAMERAtan and CAMERAtan was a dollar cheaper (lol.)

2. Melissy ♥ says:

These are such eye candy~ ^___^
    I really love how the Toy Storm effects turn out~
    Love LOVE vintage effects~ :D
    Can’t wait to see more photos on the blog!~
    Were these taken using the iPhone? The quality is great!!

3. M says:

dude this makes me wanna get an iphone
    i think i might in the future XD

Seeing shit like this is why I ended up getting one. I told people at work and they’d go, “Oh but what about …” And I’d just stop them and say “I’m done! No seriously, I’m done, I’m just gonna get the iPhone and be done with it!”
      \\\\\\\\\\\\:D/////////////

4. Vermillion says:

Wow~~ That’s so cool! I’ve never heard of this app before lol. I love photography apps for the iPhone, especially photo deco ones. I’ll top up my account to buy it XD

Nice!! Thanks for posting all of them! Blue black has a spesh place in my heart lol

6. cin says:

you bought an iphone 4? :O the app looks so cool! i wonder if it’ll work on a itouch~ hmm~ considering buying one~~
    i really love your new layout! it’s so 元気!:D

7. Chanel says:

Thank you for sharing this app with us ! It looks awesome ! I with I could get but I don’t have an I-Touch or I-Phone ! Oh wells ! I will just tell my friend to get it instead !
    BTW I LOVE YOUR BLOG ! YOU ARE INSPIRATIONAL ! ^_^v

8. Bianca says:

i want to be apart of the club!! I WANT AN IPHONE NAOW! this looks sooooo cool XD I can’t wait till i get mine i’m totally going to be addicted!

I actually don’t feel as “addicted” to this as my Blackberry but it DOES feel more FULLY FUNCTIONAL. Blackberry has such addictive features, like that blinking indicator light in multiple colors for different alerts FUUK I MISS IT SOMETIMES LIKE CRAZY!

9. Cindii says:

o0o, that’s a great app! It does so many good effects. Amazing! And for .99 that’s a steal.

10. chocoNIKKI says:

Oh wow~! That’s so cool! I can’t wait till my current phone contract ends and I can get the iphone in the summer~~ lol So do you prefer the iphone over the blackberry a lot? ^^b hehe~

They’re 2 different beasts. There are definitely certain aspects I miss about my Blackberry, and I MISS HARD! But the iPhone just serves a better purpose for my daily needs :D

11. Mai says:

This is cheaper than the hipstamatic AND it seems a ton cuter :O! I’ll definitely have to get this when I get my iPhone. Thanks so much for taking the time to share :)

I’ll probably break down & buy hipstamatic eventually (out of boredom?? )but it does seem a bit like a money-making type of app (buying up new filters/cameras/film & such =Y)

12. Deso says:

Wah, I like the fantastic and urawazalime effects, cool up. I wish I had I-phone :P

The quality looks nice too.

Yea, these were all great quality and I saved them at 800px (smallest option.) I wish I could post them all full size but that would have been chaos on people viewing the entry I think XD, but the quality is so good!

13. Julia says:

Jenny, this post is just what I needed, I was looking for a good photography app for the longest time, you are so awesome!!!!

14. Thao says:

HOW COOL!!! I love the film frame! And there are so many effects, it’s definitely worth the 99 cents.

I love this!! I wonder if it will work for my iPod camera too, since a lot of the iPhone apps work the same on it, haha XD
    Thank you for sharing though~!

16. miya says:

Amazing!!!! I am so jealous!!! I like Aurora and Milk the best!!! I have a droid phone… so I doubt there is an App like that.

17. Kim-Mari says:

These are the kind of apps that make me want to buy an iPhone, but I’ve promised myself to endure with my cheapie handset for as long as possible ~ Grrr

Although I have been looking into similar programs for my desktop to run my images through that give the same effects! There are actually quite a few for the photoshop non-savvy (ie me) LOL!.

I envy your will-power!! I couldn’t hold out any longer & my Blackberry was starting to hiccup.

The only desktop one I’ve ever used was polarize. I usually just create my own Photoshop color actions. They’re a pain to make but once done I can get these similar effects with one click! :D

18. Milly says:

Woah! That app is so cool!
    I really like how they give off that fresh vintage feel~
    It’s times like these that I wish I have an ipod TT

19. Katarina says:

Just bought it and now I’m distracted at work >.>

20. Wow, this app is so awesome! I wish they had these options in Photoshop. It’s such a fun and fast way to make your photos look cute! :3

Yea Photoshop is tiresome to create similar looks! I’m so lazy that when I do create a color look I save the actions so I can just click 1 button to get the same look next time. This is even better, don’t even have to fire up PS thankfully.

21. That’s a cool app!

XOXO

22. rene says:

So fun! Although I dont have iphone…. Haha!

Thanks for all the effort to snap all the variations and load them! I’m sure it took quite a while? You are such a responsible blogger! Love you!!

HAAHAA THANKS! It did take longer than I expected, haahaa, but I just sat in front of the TV running the same photo through each effect. I wanted a good reference for myself too :)~ Plus I couldn’t find much written about this app, so I hoped to shed some light on it!

23. ShuShu says:

woaaaaah, so many effects! *-* but the photos have a really godd quality, i like them. x)

ShuShu ♥

24. Ramsay says:

just downloaded it! thanks so much for the tip :D

25. Stacey says:

Woaw! Some of the effects are really cool!! I have an iPod Touch 4, and a gift card from iTunes… I’ve never used the camera on my Touch but maybe I should look into this one just fort the fun of the effect on the photos! Nice~

26. shar says:

I just got the app thanks to your post! xD It’s my new favourite app~

27. zoraida says:

hahahahahahahah these names …

28. mika says:

I bought this app after reading your post yesterday, ha ha ^_^ It’s really great, and so many options :O Although I don’t use my iPhone camera that much.

29. Linda says:

jasklfj;aslk i love this app! now i want an iphone4 just so i can use this app…lol!

30. Jeannine says:

Ah, my dad wants to seriously get me an iphone but I keep on telling him that I don’t need it because it’s so expensive and I didn’t really care much about that phone but seeing that it has some cool camera apps, I want it now D: damn you Jenny!!! y u do dis to me T___T but what I hate is that the iphone doesn’t have a place to put a charm :c
    Anyway, the toy storm 1 is my favourite effect out of all the bunch~

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA I’M SO SORRY!!! I just can’t helps meself :P

Actually they have ways around that! They have buttons you can add to a case for charms OR this nifty thing that attaches to the bottom that holds charms AND EVEN BETTER cases that have tiny tabs on the side at the top to hold charms! I’m gonna get one from strapya-world :DD

31. Sami says:

So many options! This looks like a great app
    I do wish I had an iPhone at times!! XD

Hahahaa looks like you’re having a LOT of fun with this! ;) I like that you can do all the effects ‘on the go’!

33. jayjayne says:

FUUUUUUUUUUU!

Great app! This is definately going on my buy list for when I get my new phone! Can’t wait! :D Thanks for the heads-up!

34. Sachie says:

Waa, so cute! This definitely makes me want to get an iPhone now! XD
    My favourite effects are the light ones like Milk and Memories. :3 very very cute!

35. kamille says:

I feel like they totally beat out holgas/polaroids with filters so easy to use! It’s a lot more convenient than investing in an actual camera.

36. Alyse says:

After reading this post, I went for a lomo hunt on my old iphone (gen. 1 ewwww lolol).
    I remember you had a lomo post before, but I haven’t been able to find decent lomos in any of the shops around here =/ So this was a nice back-up (and much cheaper!)! Thanks so much for the suggestions!♥

37. Anna says:

I’d love to have a app like that one.
    Actually I downloaded a similar one to my android but yours seems to have so many more effects!
    I hope it’ll be available for androids later on~
    Love
    Anna

38. Maikue says:

I love the chocolate and strawberry one!

Makes for convenient lomography effects, however, it will suck for lomo cams because they rely on film, but it depends on what people prefer!

39. Lisa says:

I just got this app for my ipod touch after seeing this post lol and love it, wish the camera for the ipod touch was as good as the iphone though. Thank you for telling us about it =) ♥

40. Emily says:

Sometimes after editing I often get torn between two or three effects that are nice and end up not knowing which one to upload. Wow, and with so many options to choose from here… Oh boy. @_@! Lol.

HAHAHAHAA! Yes, this! I’m always going through the different choices because I can’t post 3 versions of the same picture or else that’s just crazy. :P

41. HitomiNeko says:

awesome!!! wow.. makes me want to get a iphone now.. ahahhaha…

42. G says:

I need this app. Any other way to download it for free ?