Free People Printed Lace Raincoat

Mar 20, 2012

Today I needed a new raincoat.
So I ordered this Printed Lace Raincoat from Free People.

I chose the “Ivory” version.

Free People Lace Rain CoatFree People Lace Rain Coat

Free People Lace Rain CoatFree People Lace Rain Coat

Free People Lace Rain CoatFree People Lace Rain Coat

Free People Lace Rain Coat
Free People Lace Rain Coat

Free People Lace Rain CoatFree People Lace Rain Coat

I’ve loved rain gear ever since I was a kid. I remember running through puddles in an oversized bright blue Mickey Mouse slicker with matching rain boots. It’s a surprise I never got pneumonia.

When I got into work today I noticed my current raincoat’s lining was peeling badly. I’ve had it for years. I saw some raincoats at Target last night but I wasn’t crazy about how bright & vivid the colors were. After a bit of browsing online I came upon the Free People one. When I saw it folded up for carrying I was sold!

What I didn’t like about my old raincoat was that it was also a light jacket. It got really hot to wear during the rainiest season here (June,) but too thin to wear alone in winter. The Free People one looks large enough to slip over a light jacket or maybe even my wool coat. I’ll see when it arrives. And it looks thin enough to wear during the hot summer months too. Plus I won’t have to “wear it” until I actually need it! Unlike my old rain coat that I’d wear in preparation with forecast rain which sometimes ended up with me carrying it home completely useless for the day. I actually carried it home today because the rain had stopped and it was too hot to wear.

Should fit in alright with my other rainy season items.

my current rain goods

48 Responses to “Free People Printed Lace Raincoat”

1. Mary says:

That raincoat is…BEAUTIFUL! When I saw that it folded up, I was sold too, until I saw the price ;_; I can’t wait to see pictures of you wearing it!

Ugh yeah. But I figured at least it was LOADS cheaper than the one I kept checking out at Jcrew (it was like $300 or something completely insane.) The FP one was just double the price of the Target ones so why not “upgrade” myself seeing as I had the same one for nearly 10 years :D *money saved!*

2. With those things I would LIKE it to rain ;)

3. laura says:

oh my gosh that rain coat is SO cute, those boots too. the coat is pretty unique, i haven’t seen one like it before :)

4. Sami says:

That rain coat is really pretty!! :O

5. ★Momo☆ says:

I must say that this raincoat is a bit pricey, but it looks like it’s worth every penny! Good timing to buy it too, April is coming up. April showers bring May flowers hahaha

If rain coats were pretty like these I wouldn’t mind living in the most rainiest city on the planet…Vancouver (>_>) *Sigh*

6. That rain coat IS SOOOOO CUTEEE!

7. Serena says:

So awesome =) I own this raincoat in the blue/green/ aqua color and I love it. My mom owns the cream/white color. It’s really lovely. Funny–my mom also owns those rain boots (or something very similar–did you buy them in UO? hers are Betsey Johnson that she bought in UO in London).

8. Ai says:

ADORABLE raincoat!!

9. Margo says:

Nice raincoat! I like that the lace design allows your outfit to peek through a bit when you wear it. Very versatile!

10. HOLY MOLEY! I am in love with the raincoat!

11. Jenii says:

OMGGGGG CUTEST RAINCOAT DESIGN EVARRRRRRR! You’ll have the cutest rain outfit around :D:D

12. Nindya says:

The raincoat is sooo cute! I never thought I would be able to see a raincoat that awesome. With that raincoat, I would love to have rain every day :D

13. Hannah says:

What an adorable raincoat! I love the design. Very tempted to order one, too. It’s about the rainy season here, but sometimes it gets too hot/humid for a full-blown heavy raincoat! :P You have a knack for finding super cute items. :)

14. Fatiha says:

ooh… I really like the intricate design on the raincoat… It’s so pretty~! I’ve actually never been one for rain gear, really. I find it refreshing when the raindrops hit my head.. and now that I admit it, it even seems odd to me hehe I don’t know, maybe I’d be able to put up with wearing a raincoat with one like that~ :P

15. Leslie says:

How lovely! I remember seeing that raincoat when I was browsing some FP items. I don’t have much need for a raincoat but it’s just so pretty!

16. Paulina says:

Absolutely beautiful raincoat. Good choice! :) I’ve been looking for a raincoat too and I think this one is perfect, but it’s a bit out of my price range. u__u Being a college student sucks sometimes. XD

17. Sidney says:

ugh I’m sorry for being such a poopy commenter recently Jenny ㅠㅠ

that raincoat is amazing!! there is a rainy season after spring in korea but I hardly ever see anyone wearing rain coats here! just cute boots and umbrellas. but this coat is literally perfect in how light it looks and how cute it is!! I need to find something like this!

18. Miya says:

that pouch is genius!!!

19. Ham-Cham says:

omg, love! This is adorable x)

20. Lokkita says:

omg, it’s gorgeous! what did your old raincoat look like?

21. lissy says:

such a beautiful and unique raincoat!

22. Becca says:

I should probably be dressed in rain gear all the time since I live in raincouver – 3 -

The lace one is gorrrrgeous!

23. Shirley says:

Ah I thought about ordering that raincoat but I think it’s too girly for me. Can’t wait to see it on you though!

24. Etienne says:

My god! The boots looks so alike a Melissa x Vivienne Westwood one! So cute Jenny!♥ Did you ever seen them?

25. Jenna says:

Love, love, love! As if the lace wasn’t pretty enough, I love the scallop trim of the hood! The model is also very cute~ Great find! :)

Omg, I’m not much of a raincoast person but I have to say that raincoat is SO PRETTY!! I love that it’s lace and white too, what a great match! You make me want to get a raincoat now even though I will probably never put it into use. lol.

But the raincoat is a bit too pricey though. =/

27. fai says:

Lace raincoat is so cute! I never needed a raincoat and a boots until I moved to Japan because it rains quite a lot here.

Your rain boots is so cute too! It suits you :)

28. Cupcake says:

Wow, I absolutely love that!

29. L says:

That is just an awesome rain coat! So awesome *_*

I LOVE THIS.
    I’m tempted to get the mint version! It’s so beautiful ♥ & yes, it definitely fits with your other rainy day items!

31. chocoNIKKI says:

That’s such a lovely raincoat~~! When I think of rain-gear i always think of the bright yellow rain jackets + matching yellow boots I had as a kid~! lol =D And are those Vivienne Westwood boots?? *envy* it’s really difficult to get Vivienne-anything in Toronto!!

32. cin says:

I’m in love! *_*

33. Sam says:

…..that free people raincoat is so ridiculously pretty. *0* I swear I’ve never seen rain gear that pretty. I live on the Canadian West Coast and we have rain 10/12 months – why was I never informed rain gear could be this pretty???!!!! -brain explosion- Aside from the prettiness, the foldup idea is pure GENIUS. I hate going to school early in the morning decked out in my fugly rainboots, umbrella, jacket etc and come 1pm it’s sunny and warm and everyone is staring at me like ” =.= you paranoid idiot, did you not read the weather forecast?” and I’m left going “butbut it WAS raining in the morning! I SWEAR” XD. Or the reverse when you think it isn’t going to rain and then it pours like no tomorrow. Now you’ll always be stylishly prepared, faulty weatherman or no! hahahaha

34. ニッキー says:

That raincoat would be so useful! I was thinking about how I wished I had one that is easy to carry around. Has been raining a lot lately. :(

35. Einna says:

Wow… that is a really gorgeous raincoat!! And I am really not fond of raingear despite living in Vancouver. :P

36. MissFeelo says:

Currently in a love affair with lace. I definitely wouldn’t mind having this in my wardrobe! ;)

37. M says:

this is so cute~~~!
    but we can’t wear it here, it rains all winter… its way too thin T_T

38. joanna says:

i love the rain coat.
    but where did you get your adorable rain boots?
    I just love the bow. :)

the lace is so cute! I’d like to see this on! :D
    And yes, I know waht you mean…I always wanted golashas as a kid :)

40. Joanne Hanley says: