Mountain Escape

Jul 19, 2012

Camping last weekend in the mountains. Hiking, sleeping outdoors, roasting marshmallows, and relaxing despite vowing death after an hour’s hike to see a very tiny waterfall. Awful pay off, haha! lolol

I found myself missing it throughout the week still. Even the storms that passed through. Huddled in a dry tent, napping, with the radio set to light classical. A bit Wes Anderson’esque in that moment. lolol

It’s mid-July. Summer activities will be over soon :drops:

20 Responses to “Mountain Escape”

1. Michelle says:

Oh my goodness I absolutely love all the photographs. It makes me wish I could attempt one camping trip, but I can’t ever find anyone who wants to go camping with me!

2. 3lin says:

I never go camping before. I feel like going camping after reading this post. haha…Need some fresh air. Btw, I really love your photograph. =)

3. Jenny says:

Ohhh so pretty! The colours are so vivid! Looks like you had a wonderful time :)

4. SeeM says:

I’m so jealous! I haven’t had a chance to go camping this summer, and probably won’t get a chance either.

Your pictures came out lovely, and I’m glad you had fun on your trip.

5. Jane says:

That is one very giant bee! (or very small flowers?)

6. felicia says:

Beautiful photos~ I wish I could go hiking… Unfortunately, the place I live in is filled with tall buildings.

7. Mimi says:

You know Jenny, I really admire you. I read your blog regularly and I am always… somewhat in awe of the way you live your life. Going to different countries, learning a language so different than your native. .. and, little things that may seem ordinary to you seem quite spectacular to me. Going to a pumpkin farm, taking a train ride to an area youve never been to before.. camping! In the wildnerness!
    I can honestly say, after I read your blog I feel a little braver,a little more adventurous, and a whole lot more… inspired.
    Thanks Jenny for your unique perspective on life. :)

This is such a surprising and humbling comment I don’t really think any response I could give would do it justice. Just a simple ‘thank you’ and that I feel this way about certain bloggers as well and they give me the strength or motivation to chase the life I want!

Have an amazing weekend dear!

8. Cassandra says:

It’s way way way too hot to go camping comfortably here in Canada at the moment, but it looks like you had a nice time. Those mushrooms are really cute :)

9. Becca says:

leave it to jenny to find cute things in NATURE!!! ヾ(´▽`*)ゝ

10. Mary says:

The shrooms!

11. Mika says:

Awesome! Everything looks so pretty~ ^^

12. Kate says:

Such a peaceful, lovely picture of summer. (: Thanks for sharing!

13. Sidney says:

The taste of BBQing things on a stick over a fire!!!

And one of those mushrooms looks like a donut. I thought you had just set a donut on the moss at first. lulz

14. Sally says:

It’s wonderful!

15. Elisa says:

love the pictures :D !! wow i see a huge mushroom !

16. Bianca says:

look at those succulents! how wonderful. Ah I havent been camping in YEARS…some day….