Early Christmas Gift

Nov 03, 2012

I was going to get Mike a Kindle Fire for Christmas but when the iPad mini was finally announced we decided to get it and share. He wanted something for books and I always wanted an iPad but wished it was more tablet-sized for my commute. Now we’re both happy!

He got up at 3am the other week to pre-order the white one for me. It sold out in 20 minutes! So lucky he did that for me. Unfortunately UPS screwed up the guaranteed delivery date. Apple was nice enough to comp the price of the cover for us since UPS made us go through so much trouble and waiting.

Any iPad specific app recommendations are welcomed. I just know apps from my iPhone and I haven’t had much time to research iPad ones.

Tags:

21 Responses to “Early Christmas Gift”

1. alley says:

Once you’ve had it for a bit, you should do another post with apps you like :) I loved your iphone app recommendations!

2. eaaaux says:

I’m boring, but I like things like Evernote, Google Chrome (much better than Safari) and Sleep by iHome. The alarm is obnoxiously loud with the iPad speakers, which is great if you have trouble waking up on time (like me).

3. Michelle says:

Ahh, my boyfriend also got an iPad mini. I bought him the red smart cover, too! Here are a few apps my boyfriend suggested:

- Instapaper (format) – To read webpages better
    - Punchquest (game) – To relieve stress
    - Evernote (organization) – Notes, lists, recordings, etc.
    - Dropbox (sync) – Upload and download things from any device
    - Jasmine (aka YouTube) – iOS 6 does not like Google, therefore you lose YouTube as an app

I don’t have an iPad, but the apps on my phone are primarily camera related, games, or office apps. I’ve been sucked in by otome games recently. ~__~

4. 3lin says:

Any ibooks to recommend me? Even I have an iPad I don’t utilize it very well after I graduate from uni besides editing photo using iPad. Some of my favorite apps is iPhoto, iDarkroom HD, Snapseed, Bokehful, Polyframe, Weather HD, PhotoSync, Dropbox, Apple Hit and a lot more. Have fun playing with your iPad (^.^)

5. Laura says:

If you’re looking for good and simple board games for iPad, I recommend trying out Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride. Those two are my absolute favorites. Very addicting~ ;)

6. Cerize says:

Congrat for the new IPad !
    I’m wondering about getting one or not ?!
    There are applications called : Tappi Bear, Canimals Diary, but you might already know them !

7. Elisa says:

whoaaaa.. i haven’t even seen the iPad mini in real life yet.. but i bet it’s cute haha

8. Erin says:

I’m so jealous! This is exactly what I want for Christmas, too :P But we’re moving apartments so I doubt we’ll have much extra spare cash for an iPad mini.

9. Mina says:

Recommended apps hhhhhhmmm, if you want an instagram type app I recommend (Padgram), (iHeart) radio, Temple Run, of course (iBooks) is my number one reading app…also how is the images when you take a picture with the iPad Mini…..is it a nice quality or not since my Ipad 2 is so worst xC

Your husband is so sweet! The ipad mini actually looks kind of cute.

11. Charlene says:

Congrats! I won my ipad2 and i love it. I normally use it for watching my netflix in bed or on the go. :)

12. Kei says:

I’m using my new iPad to type this now! The apps I’ve found most useful/enjoyable so far include magic piano, spotify, girlscamera, and chrome.

13. Diana says:

I have the iPad2, my favorite apps are: We Heart it,Pinterest, chrome, we heart radio and netflix. Enjoy your ipad, seems super cute!

14. cindy says:

I gotta recommend:

Blog/news grazing
    Feed.ly
    Pulse
    Flipboard

Reading
    Kindle
    Viz (Manga)

15. Libii says:

The tv apps are nice when you are brushing your teeth or putting on make up in the bathroom. PBS (I watched Sherlock on it but unfortunately they delete episodes after a time period), ABS, NBC, & History channel has some. Some require you to log in with your Cable Provider screen name. There is tons, just browse.

Paperdesk I feel is more robust than Evernote but I use Evernote.

Board games are nice when you are bored with a group of friends. Picturika is the funnest. :3

16. Libii says:

Oh and check if the library in your area has online access; it would probably say in the website. My library has overdrive and 3M cloud.

Free ebooks and audiobooks is nice.