Maison de Reefur Dream Wardrobe

Nov 29, 2012

Dream capsule wardrobe from current Maison de Reefur items.

high res

Perfect for the DC seasons.
This would be more than enough to cover me on the coldest of winter days or the hottest of summer’s! Office appropriate looks included. Throw in some accessories like fleece tights, scarves, and sunglasses of course. I easily counted 33 different outfits NOT including the coats. Add either the wool coat or blazer to any one of those 33 looks and you easily double your options. Especially the blazer which can dress up an office look in a snap! And the dress can easily layer under a sweater in winter or a t-shirt in summer with the cute collar popping out. :deco2:

Items for summer.
Nine looks for even the hottest of DC summer days.

Ugh, have I mentioned how much I want to buy this whole wardrobe?! Hahaha

I toy with the idea of selling off all my current clothes and importing these! I kid, I kid. Of course. I’ll use it as a muse. I love to organize and focusing on clothing or style is a fun way for me to distress. It’s so far removed from my daily responsibilities. It’s somewhat of an escape at times.

I actually have a lot of similar pieces that Maison de Reefur puts out. I think that’s why it’s so easy for me to lust after. All the cuts are so classic and timeless.

It’s one of the few Japanese shops I’m always excited about lately.

Since getting more serious about the clothes I buy, the fact I live in the United States slowly set into my psyche. Not to mention taking a good hard look at what I felt suited me best and what made me feel my best when wearing. Madewell hit a nice sweet spot. For a while Madewell and Kastane lined up pretty evenly with style. Though Kastane has gone much more casual this past year.

I love Madewell, but I do having a sizing problem with them. They run a bit too large on me half the time. I’d even say 90% of the dresses are always too big with the waistline falling much too low and skirts usually aren’t much better. Just recently I took the risk of ordering an xxs in a boyshirt online only to discover I should have been doing this the entire time! Last year Madewell’s xs oxfords fit just right but this past year they’ve been a bit baggier of cut. Though sometimes I want baggy. I’m getting off topic but basically Madewell often seems like it’s for much taller girls than my 5’1” self! The flip side is the money I save by being sized out of items I want.

I also think I could get many similar items from APC. They at least ship directly to the US. But the cost is the same or higher than Maison de Reefur. Though New York for me is much closer than Tokyo hahahah. lolol

It might not do a whole lot of good to fantasize about clothes of which you do not posses. With December rolling in I’m actually transitioning my closet to a more winter “capsule” mode right now. It’s hard. I have some sweaters that I loved last winter but not so much this winter. Problem is I bought a little too much. I went Madewell sale crazy last year haha. I don’t have ton extra but, for example, I have 7 sweaters. I prefer to hover around 3 favorites to keep things simple. My fault. I bought 2 sweaters this fall. I’ll hang on to all of them for a while though until there’s a clear sign I’m never going to wear any certain ones again. :dizzy:

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Maison de Reefur Dream Wardrobe”

1. Zoey says:

Oooh. First comment! ~
    I love Maison de Reefer; all the clothes just seems so classic and very, awh, they just make me think of Parisian streets, hot coffee and spring days. All such beautiful things to get inspired about!

I wish we had Madewell in England, there’s nothing really like that here, it’s hard to track down clothes which always match this sort of theme. We have a lot of ‘quintessential British’ stores like Fat Face and such the like. It’s all oxford shirts, Chelsea boots and tailoring these days. Not to say I don’t like that but it’s just so well, boring and same-y.

The favourite sweater problem! I know that feeling! I gave away some knits to charity, in an attempt to declutter my wardrobe ( these things are always needed around here ), only to end up buying two more a week later because it was too damn cold to be without them!

Awh, failure! xo.

2. Kmmyp says:

thanks for introducing me to this brand. I’ll be heading to a cold country soon so I need some winter clothes in my wardrobe. Anyway, I also wish we had this brand in our country. Mostly we have summer clothes since our country oly have 2 seasons.

And I love sweaters! But I can’t exactly share the same feeling with you dear like what Zoey said. The favorite sweater problem. h

3. Bianca says:

Ive been here before, sometimes I want to burn all my clothes and start fresh with 20 new pieces, but not only is that like a bad thing to do XD I know one day I’ll be like “where that one thing…oh its burned”

4. Hayley says:

This is *too* perfect! Thank you so much for this classic and lovely inspo :) I love Rinka’s Japanese take on Gallic chic ^_^

5. Maye says:

Everything looks lovely!
    But.
    It’s interesting how they look like classic pieces, but that doesn’t mean you can find them everywhere. For example, the striped sweater? The pleated skirt?
    I’ve been chasing such pieces for months and just can’t find anything where I live (and I live in state capital). Probably if I’ll go to Mexico City. But it’s 6 hours away and probably I’ll need a day or two to chase them around. And my work don’t allow it. I’ve been locked in an office for so much that I don’t think I’ll find anything Madewell-style too.
    Fashion arrives here like a year later.

It’s frustrating. We barely have skirts and the most I found are pencil/mini skirts or if I find a pleated skirt, it’s the wrong color (no peach, no burgundy), it’s a maxi skirt, or the style is for older/taller women. No mustard skirt! :/

Another example: that green sweater/skirt you usually find in japanese fashion magazines? It doesn’t exist, I can only find bottle green (in Zara, for example) or dark olive.

Of course that for latinos, the color spectrum works differently, but it’s really difficult to find even the style to see if it works on me.

Sorry for the rant, but it saddens me what I see in magazines or websites, even when it should be only inspo, I can’t work it around with my local stores.

6. kiyoomii says:

It’s really interesting to see how much your style has changed over the years that I’ve been following you! It really makes me feel inspired to start working on a ’smaller’ wardrobe as well :)

I really like that peacoat, striped blue shirt and dusty pink sweater! Rinka did an amazing job with this collection~

7. ニッキー says:

I really love the looks of Maison de Reefur. Everything is feminine and sweet.

I noticed in past I have been more of a J.Crew person, but Madewell has really grown on me. I think with anywhere it is hit and miss on styles sometime. I do not always love everything, but there seem to always be something. ;) I agree with Madewell sizing. I also have issues with J.Crew sizing, but I am a tad taller than you which maybe helps? A lot of times the smallest size is too lose or long. :(

8. lissy says:

beautiful yet simple pieces! love the colours too

9. ashlyne says:

i have over 7 sweaters (because i love them so much!) even though i live in Singapore, where the weather is basically summer all year round *guilty* maybe this is a clear sign that i should move to somewhere with 4 seasons.

10. Michelle says:

I totally agree about Madewell. I’ve been ordering a medium (A MEDIUM and I’m 5′0″) all this time and my friend insisted that I go for a small. I should’ve ordered a small all this time! I absolutely love the Maison de Reefur pieces that you chose. They are definitely timeless pieces and very versatile. n_n

11. Leanne says:

Hmm maybe I should look into this collection. I’m 5′2″ and I have an awful time finding clothes to fit me. They are either too big or too long!

12. Margaret says:

I love how Maison de Reefur manages to produce pieces that are both timeless and fresh at the same time. That striped sweater is IDEAL, and the gray blazer is especially fantastic (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes blazers!). Thanks so much for sharing this inspo!

13. Miya says:

I dont think seven sweaters is too crazy….. I mean… really if you think about it, that could be one weeks worth of sweater outfits. Not that you would ever just wear sweaters for a week…. but you get my meaning. I love reading your fashion decompressions because I feel that it decompresses me (and I even work in fashion so its clothing all day everyday). Your outlook on styling is very refreshing.

14. Ashley Hasegawa says:

If your not in love with some of the sweaters you should do a blog sale! Im sure a lot of us (ok me…) would love to raid your closet ;) Also it would be a good justification to buy more clothes to replace them ;) Did you visit the Maison de Reefur store in Tokyo? Im going in January and I think I may want to stop off here ^^;;