My Christmas Tree

Dec 12, 2012

Xin asked to see the Christmas that keeps popping up in the background of some photos. :)

Our tree is something Mike & I have built over the years. Since college, every year we’ve added something. Little by little. A few of his childhood ornaments, a few of mine. The tree itself is something we bought together for our first apartment 9 years ago. We’ve kept it still even though we could definitely afford to go bigger. lolol I couldn’t imagine a new tree though. Not just yet. :P

Finally found some tinsel to put on it this year!

So maybe it’s not uniform.
Maybe there’s no theme and we both compromise on the type of ornament. I prefer baubles but he likes small toys. But it’s definitely ours and when I look at it I can see both past and present Happy Christmases. :deco2:

Tags:

26 Responses to “My Christmas Tree”

1. Mandie says:

I love that Gingerbread kitty! My boyfriend and I have the same situation with our tree too. I’ll be excited when we can have a giant size tree packed with ornaments.

2. Charlene says:

Very cute!

Your tree is so cute! I think smaller trees are definitely better than bigger ones. Less work to put on the tree and pack everything away when Christmas is over! lol

4. megan says:

Aww, 9 years-how sweet!

We just have a little 2 foot tree right now; I think even we have a larger tree we will still keep the small one for the memories.

5. Miia says:

cute tree! I’m always fascinated by other country’s christmas traditions – so in the U.S. you already put up your christmas tree now and already put presents under it? :o
    Where I live (Europe) we get our tree only one or two days before christmas – but it’s a real tree, so you can not buy it too long before christmas. And here, presents are just put under the tree on the night of the 24th, which is when they are also opened…
    I always find these kind of cultural differences interesting

6. 3lin says:

Can’t wait to celebrate Christmas.

7. Laura says:

Those cone shaped lights :o ♥

I really like how you have this kind of “tradition” to have the old decorations and add something new bit by bit. My parents have done the same thing :) I think there’s more feeling to it when the decorations are carefully picked and they have memories!

8. chocoNIKKI says:

This is so sweet~ I love how old ornaments and old christmas trees bring back such pleasant holiday memories~~! ^^ Makes me kind of sad I don’t get to see my Christmas tree this year since I live in res/dormitory.. T^T;;

9. kurn says:

TINSEL IS SEXY AS FUuuuu i love ur tree lets trade

Aww, what a cute tree & a sweet post. I hope you’re having a wonderful Christmas season!!

11. MH. says:

Christmas is nearly arriving!! Aww I’m really looking forward to these holidays :)

12. ニッキー says:

I love collecting ornaments. We try to find them too a little bit at a time that represents us in some way. It makes everything on the tree so much more special and meaningful. Happy holidays!!

13. Sami says:

Such a cute tree and the gingerbread kitty is really sweet!

14. Oh~ It’s so colourful :))
    Love it!
    I still don’t now if I should decorate our Xmas tree… otherwise nobody will put it away and the tree will stand there until february *lol*

15. Jenny says:

This is lovely! Really like the gingerbread hello kitty. And the pine cone lights are so nice! x

16. Mareni says:

What a lovely tree. And I was just thinking about posting pictures of our tree today, haha :D I have to say I prefer small toys too. But a little bit of everything isn’t bad, isn’t it. And the owl wrapping paper, it’s too adorable

17. Karen says:

Oh, I love the old school tinsel. I remember as a kid, after Christmas when everyone got rid of their trees, all the kids would go around and collect the tinsel left on the trees.

18. Michelle says:

Wow! 9 years with such memories! I really love what you did to it, to be honest. Mine is very plain and too…commercial haha. There isn’t anything significant about it and after the many years of moving we lost a lot of our old ornaments that I had growing up.

19. tiff says:

I’m not sure if it’s just the filter, lighting or quality of your photo but I think you have one of the prettiest looking Christmas trees. I’ve always thought those tinsels were more of a burden because they must be hard to clean up after you put your tree away, but looking at your pictures, I think it’s totally worth it!

20. Lei says:

It looks so cozy, very cute setup.

21. Kate says:

zomg Gingerbread Hello Kitty :3

22. Xin says:

SO PRETTY and such inspiration ! I LOVE YOUR TREE ! lol
    Thank you so much for linking me too… I’m too happy !

This year is the first time we have a tree of our own. It’s just a little tiny one but so special to me. I really like the personal feeling of your tree. In Germany there are so many lovely christmas markets and I thought I will pick up some decorations there. And over the years I hope ours will become so much better than now.

AND why these haaaappy cuuuute socks !! I love them too haha
    And the hello kitty looks special !

23. Nindya says:

GINGERBREAD HELLO KITTY.

GINGERBREAD. OMG OMG OMG.

ZOMG. It couldn’t be more awesome than that! :D