January Sweet Clippings

Dec 18, 2012

Scanned in some of my favorite snippets from the latest issue of Sweet.

26 Responses to “January Sweet Clippings”

1. So adorable! I can’t wait until I get my copy in the mail. Just received the December issue and I’m loving it, as usual!

2. Jesslyn says:

Hi Jenny! :)
    I have a question that’s not related to this post..
    Since you are a local, do you know when is the cherry blossom blooming time? Any idea where are the best spots to view them?
    Thanks! =)

3. Nancy says:

Is that Mika Nakashima (singer)? The girl who is blond with blue eyes and red lips looks EXACTLY like her (Mika happens to be sporting blonde hair at this time too) XD

4. winn says:

cuuuuute! tempted to get a new pair of glasses but I’ve only had mine for a year ; _ ;

also didn’t realize how big the mags were until I bought them!

5. Fuuka says:

No Kojiharu pics? I need to pick up this issue.

6. Sarita says:

The roomwear section is always so cute and cozy looking! I love how different Japanese style loungewear is to the more mismatched (and admittedly sloppier) North American way.

Ah agree so much! The idea of loungewear in the States is really obscure. It’s either t shirt & sweats or straight up sleepwear. No in between. Missed market I think :P

7. Laura says:

When I see Rinka, somehow the first thing that comes to my mind is you :D I’ve been reading your blog for ages and I think I originally learned who Rinka is from your blog :o
    When I was living in Japan, one day my host mom suddenly started talking about her high school years and asked if I know who Rinka is – and thanks to you I knew! My host mom had been in the same class and showed me some pics of Rinka and her :D It’s not a nice thing to say, but I must admit Rinka was not a pretty looking teenager back then :D

I’ve definitely been a big Rinka fan since her first blog years & years ago. It’s interesting that her post-retiring modelling career has far surpassed her previous achievements all because of her openness with her blog readers.

I love that your host Mom, not only attended school with Rinka, but shares the story!! Rinka includes a lot of her high school photos in her books. I actually don’t think it’s all that bad to say she was an ugly duckling. People like that always gave me hope when I was younger. That the awkward years really do end, haha!

I even know some people who don’t think she’s pretty now, but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t particularly love Rinka for her looks. I just really admire her approach to life and her ability to stay grounded and focused on what truly matters to her. It’s an example I like to follow.

8. Jenny says:

Nice! I love the cat bellyband – so cute :)

9. M says:

im a big fan of rinkas jewellery! :D and i dont like wearing any at all usually…

The rinka snippets are gorgeous! I especially love the roomwear scans, so cozy and cute!

11. Thank you for sharing the newest trends of Japan

12. Cami says:

Loved the ballet flats. I haven’t seen them in that variation before. Tells you how fashion wise I am. ^_^

13. Xin says:

I have to buy sweet again ! I didn’t even buy the december issue with the cher bag omfg so much inspiration. I love how Rinka is always so natural and happy ! And I looked up the sofb site ! SO COOL ! The olympus pen mini seems quite nice too !

Jenny, how I have missed you & your blog!! ❤ I can always count on you posting the most beautiful things, not just from magazines, but from your lovely life as well. I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season so far!

Feel better soon too *hugs*

thanks for sharing this issue, i liked it :>

16. Ivie says:

Rinka’s so gorgeous! And I love the tortoise glasses Kiko Mizuhara had on. Thanks for posting! :3

17. JULIE says:

i would like to know the name of the brown, white, and pink camers inside SWEETS magazine.