Visiting Hirshhorn

Jan 06, 2013

Spent the day walking the city. Stopped at the Hirshhorn to view Ai Weiwei: According to What? before it leaves in February.

Tea House

Moon Chest

Colored Vases

Provisional Landscape

He-Xie

Bowl of Pearls

Cube Light

Tags:

19 Responses to “Visiting Hirshhorn”

1. Margaret says:

I really want to see this exhibition. Hopefully I can get there before I leave town. Have you seen his documentary by chance? Thank you so much for posting this; I wouldn’t have had any idea this was being shown! And your photos are lovely.

2. Mai says:

I wanted to see this exhibit for so long but never got the chance to see it. Now I’m not in D.C. anymore :(~ Hopefully I’ll come across the chance to see it again. Until then, I’ll just live through your photos.

The museum looks amazing! We never have interesting museums/exhibitions here in Toronto. It makes me want to live in the U.S. instead because Canada is so boring and lame, lol.

And omg that’s A LOT OF CRABS! LOL.

• ashica says:

Ai Weiwei will be exhibiting in Toronto later this year at the AGO! I’m making a special trip just to see it. So many great exhibits come to Toronto, I wish that I could visit there more often!

4. chocoNIKKI says:

WOW! That’s so beautiful~ I love the crabs (reminds me of a documentary I watched on “land” crabs on this tropical island) and the cube of light~~ I miss Washington DC~! =O

5. Cardiac says:

Looks all so great!Nice pictures!

6. Kristine says:

Is the tea house made of tea?
    Stupid question.
    This exhibition looks great!

7. Sami says:

You got such stunning photos of the exhibition :D

8. Grl.li says:

Exquisite images, ethereal exhibit. Thanks for sharing.

9. M says:

personally i think he’s sort of overrated but i like the pics you took, really nice visually. but i guess that’s what it’s all about anyway

10. Amelia says:

I saw a documentary about his work and I found him to be a fascinating person. I really like that light cube.

11. Miia says:

Hey Jenny, I haven’t had much time to comment lately, still love your blog! Your pictures are always soooo lovely and you are so beautiful!
    Do you know your tumblr has made me start to watch parks and rec? I love it :)
    I read on you twitter that you are currently detoxing. Do you use any kind of special method?
    Wish you a wonderful 2013!

Hahaha I really hope you’re loving Parks n Rec!!!! Sometimes I worry it’s only funny to me b/c I work in gov’t & everything about it is CRAZY ACCURATE!

Yes I’m “detoxing.” I do this every once in a while when I over indulge for too long and my body starts to not feel as well as it usually does because of all the sugars and oils.

I don’t do anything special, I just eat extra healthy for a few weeks (2 or more!) I try to eat a lot of extra raw foods too during this time. So for example yesterday…

breakfast – apple
      snack – 100kcal pack pretzels
      lunch – salad, apple
      snack – banana
      snack – 2 slices of whole wheat bread w/sugar free jelly
      dinner – fish, steamed vegetables, brown rice, large salad
      snack – mini bell peppers, grapes

I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day during this time, avoid caffeine, drink lots of green tea (or barely tea,) stay on top of taking my vitamins (C, A, E, D, Calcium, collagen) I also drink herbal teas (which I hate but feel they work) like this cranberry one to help combat bloating from all the salts & sugars I had eaten previously. I try to take a hot 30min bath every night often with detoxing bath salts during this period. I work out 5 times a week for 10 minutes doing crunches, push ups and leg lifts.

If I need to kill a sweet tooth craving I drink Swiss Miss Diet cocoa.

It’s not extremely off from my usual lifestyle. I eat apples everyday regardless. I try to take my vitamins everyday and drink water not including teas. I don’t eat a lot of sugar or drink a lot of caffeinated drinks either. I do indulge but only occasionally like once or twice a month. But holidays tend to sucker me in with sugary treats and breads and heavy meats. The “detox” helps get me back to my normal routine. Because usually I don’t feel fatigued or tired until I over indulge.

12. Lolo says:

AHHH!! Ai Weiwei!!!!!~ So cool~
    The Moon Chest and Cube Light are my favorite

13. Thao says:

Oooh I really like the provisional landscape! It makes me what to run outside with my camera and take some landscape pictures.

14. Leanne says:

I saw Ai Wei Wei’s work- mainly his photographs when I was in Austria. I love the cube light!