Good-bye 2013

Monday, Jan. 6, 2014 | 19 Comments

Hi! I haven’t blogged since 2013. It’s beyond the fashionably late deadline for a “year in review” post but too bad. I’m pressing forward anyhow because as I went through my photos from the past year I couldn’t believe it was a single year. I thought, “oh, that did happen this year didn’t it!?”

I won’t drone on about every little thing. Overall 2013 was a year of surprises. A year of trial & error. I learned more about myself in this single year than I have in the past 4 combined. I succeeded at last year’s resolutions but they seem somewhat petty when compared to the changes I made in late 2013.

I don’t have any resolutions for 2013. Not because I don’t need change but rather I feel I’m living from one chaotic event to the next and I’ve made peace with that. Right now I’m aware of the changes I’ve made and anticipate the changes I’ll need to make throughout 2014. If I find myself in calmer waters by 2015 that’s great! If not, that’s OK too. Accepting this rather than trying to perfect every moment and every outcome has definitely been a step in the right direction for a someone as controlling as myself.

Jenny posted on Monday, Jan. 6, 2014

19 Responses to “Good-bye 2013”

1. Winn says:

Happy new year Jen! I hope you have a good 2014!

2. Polly says:

Lovely photos! The one of the sunlight streaming through the window is so peaceful. And the red dress one, you look fab! Happy 2014, may lots of good things head your way :)

3. Anna says:

I love that red dress you were wearing :)))
    I hope 2014 is a great year for you!

4. Anupa says:

This is lovely, Jenny! ALSO YOU LOOK SO CUTE WHEN YOU SMILE WITH YOUR TEETH (referring to your lil’ red dress picture <3)

5. Amber says:

Happy New Year, Jenny~! ♡ I hope this year is very prosperous for you.

6. Bella says:

Happy new year! Looks like 2013 was quite a good one for you. I hope this year for me brings about a lot of change – I really need it!
    Let’s make 2014 awesome!
    Bella x

7. Jenna says:

Great photos!!! Sounds like you had a great year! :) I like your mindset too!

8. zombi says:

Beautiful photos. I hope 2014 is a great one for you!

9. L says:

Happy new year! Cute collection of photos :)

10. Loma says:

I think 2013 was turbulent for everyone, as I noticed from blog posts and social media. A lot of ups and downs and learning! It was an year of learning for me and acceptance. I’m a control freak and living all those situations and surprises, out of my control, taught me to deal with the fact I can’t control everything. Like you, I don’t expect anything from 2014 either, just live each moment carefully and learn my best from each situation. Just hope it could be a little more calm LOL Happy 2014 for you! <3

11. Maye says:

Hello and Happy (belated) New Year!
    Seems that you experienced lots of changes this year, we can see it in your posts and also how your style evolved.
    Not that you weren’t grown up but I feel more adult/mature. Maybe you reached the Otona phase!
    But as always I hope the best for you, the best for 2014.
    Thanks for still giving glimpses of yourself, as in your blog, the tumblr fangirling and the ocasional everyday bits on twitter.
    Have a great year!

12. Thao says:

Happy new year! Your pictures are also so beautiful. And I just love seeing little snippets of your house. It’s so well decorated.

Me too! While I was looking back at some of my photos and older blog posts on my blog, I kept thinking…I did these in 2013?! I thought they were longer than that, lol!

I agree about the last part you said about not caring to much to perfect every moment or the outcomes. It’s too stressful and as long as we’re heading in the right direction, even if the outcome isn’t quite how we have planned for it to be it’s okay. We can take a step back and and work on other things that we can do to improve on or do better.

• Honeydew says:

And just a quick question…you know the new aroma humidifier that you bought. Up to how many hours does it run until all the water in it is out? I’m thinking of buying one from ebay but I just want to know how many hours it’ll last before you have to refill the water again.

I’ve never ran it from full to out. I would guess like 10 hours on the low setting.

• Honeydew says:

Oh ok, thanks! That’s great because I think I also read online from amazon that it last up to 10 hours too. But I want to order it from ebay because it’s cheaper. Thanks Jenny! I just wanted to make sure it’s worth my money before I buy it. =)

Happy new year! love your year in review picture post :)

That’s great you feel like you understand yourself better, especially accepting that there is no such thing as perfection anyway, so why burden yourself with such an expectation.

Cheers to a great 2014!

15. Lei says:

Lovely photos as always~I really adore the camping & outfit pics.

16. firipa says:

Although late, happy new year! It’s interesting that you mention chaos, I always feel such a sense of zen/serenity from your blog, I would have never imagined. I can see the changes of course, you seem more mature and “grown up”, but still feels very natural, like you found your place and feel confortable where you are. Anyways, I’m sure I don’t have a clue about it, but hope you do find those calmer waters before 2015 :) I wish I lived in your area and we could be friends and go out sometimes! As that is not possible, for 2014 I wish you would post more pics of yourself and your lovely outfits!