Sparkle Tee for the Holidays

Sunday November 08, 2009

How’s everyone’s weekend!? OoO
I’m feeling a but bummed out it’s already Sunday night :down::eep: hahaa
I had a pretty great weekend. Yesterday I went out to the mall and what not. Not going to be able to do that much longer. Holiday shopping has started and the roads are packed with panic-stricken insane drivers who are out to kill anyone in their path! :ng:

I found my new favorite key item Friday night! We ordered pizza for dinner and after-wards Mike asked why I was still dressed and not in my sweats? I told him we’ve been randomly going out some nights and I was tired of always having to throw on clothes and having fug hair when we do. :blushingcute: He laughed and got up and said, “Let’s get out then!!” :kissyheart:

Found this top at Forever 21. Loved it! It’s a sparkly silver, loose fitted, short tee! It really reminded me of something I’d find at Free People. Plus I love the sparkle for the holiday season :sqxmastree::rainbowtwinkle:
I just had to get it! :faceaha::getit:
Already got a compliment on it Saturday at Sephora, haahaa

:rose2: Silver Sparkle Top – Forever 21
:rose2: Stripe turtleneck – Target
:rose2: Jean Shorts – Abercrombie & Fitch
:rose2: Black leggings – Victoria’s Secret
:rose2: Fringe Boots – Yesstyle

I also got a stripped cardigan on sale at Victoria’s Secret. It was already on sale but I also had a $10 gift card! So I got this for $11! :ureshii:

I went to the Japanese bookstore and was SO SO SOOOOO HAPPY to snag the December JJ issue!! At first I thought the calendar was stolen from it! I was expecting the typical booklet type to fall out and when it didn’t I was in a panic! Then I flipped through and noticed the damn Rinka calendar was a tear-out type! HAHAHAHAAA :toto:

Also, what’s with the backs of issues looking semi-like a cover? JJ and Pinky both have these special campaign back covers with the issue number and everything instead of a typical back ad. :doubledquestion:

The back covers

Tsubasa’s Dolly Wink by Koji line has been revealing the lashes line. :lovelymake: The packaging is simply adorable, of course! I like how all the styles are pretty different from one another. With Koji’s Spring Heart lash line the differences are so subtle; which is a bit boring. I think my favorite lash look from this line are the Baby Cute set, followed by Vivid Pop!

I also made a batch of vanilla funfetti cupcakes this weekend topped with Mike’s amazing homemade chocolate icing :grinning: :cake:
Needless to say I’ve eaten like a dozen freakin’ cupcakes so far and my blood sugar is so out of whack! I’ve been on the edge of puking, but then the tummy ache goes away and I see those cupcakes and I go for another! HAHAHAH AAAAAAAAAAH! I’m perpetually 5 years old, LOL. :smallcry:

Tags: , ,

57 Responses to “Sparkle Tee for the Holidays”

I really want to try my first pair of falsies soon – eee I love looking at Tsubasa’s line!

The names make me giggle, hehe – we’ll have to name our make up line “Dolly Sweet Girl Feminine Style Lovely Pop” HAHA IT’S IN THE BAG, JEN XD

2. Vt-Applez says:

Tsubasa looks adorable in all those photos ~
    i want one too . . . Jenny do you where i can find in CA?
    Haveeee nice day!!

Do you mean the lashes? I dunno even where to get them myself for the time buying LOL! I’m sure they’ll creep online somewhere :P

3. Cecilia says:

I love your clothing combination, I can never pull off that look! I love the new issue of PINKY, but gotdamn they put Nozomi so much in the cover! lol I don’t blame them!

I don’t know how much longer I can go without some fall/holiday shopping. :

5. Ann says:

I’ve been getting into false eyelashes lately, just not for myself. ahaha I like how they look, especially in photos. But my eyes are so sensitive, I’m not sure I’d be able to put them on right.

Mike is a good guy for taking you out. Can’t let a good dress up go to waste ahaha~

6. monicalee says:

My friend just came back from Japan and bought me the Dec. Pinky. I was so excited coz it’s the 5-year anniversary special and I just LOVE Sasaki Nozomi so much!!! Pinky is always awesome!
    And I’m glad you got JJ. Rinka looks absolutely gorgeous!

7. emm says:

OMG
    i want that sparkle top thingy
    we have a forever21 but i can never find anything that i want sigh =_= SIGH!

8. Jennifer says:

I love that tee! Its so adorable~ :)

Vivid pop looks amazing!

LOL I’m the same way with sugar junk. I’ll eat a bunch and I’ll stop cause I’m about to barf but then I’ll eat more whenever I see it again. xD

9. kamille wong says:

Aw, I am jealous. I hope i can get my hands on JJ when I get to SF.

10. Shirley says:

I fear holiday shopping @_@
    I bought that Pinky too, currently waiting for it to arrive along with my issue of ViVi!

11. Ys says:

Ooh I love the sparkles! That top is just so pretty :)

haha you are too funny about those cupcakes… stomach-ache from over-eating sweet things? Yeah I know that pain hehe ;)

12. Lissy ✿ says:

OMG Cupcakes are my drugs!~

So addictive! :3

I’m sure they were cute too!

Wow that Cardigan is fantastic for 11$!!:D

I love the pink little doggie on the bottom~ ^_^

13. Yi Lin says:

oooh i love the sparkly top!! :))

That top does look really FP!! Awesome find, as usual ;)
    I hit the VS sales this weekend too~ I love that cardi!
    & yayyy for being able to snag the Rinka ed. of JJ!! Still haven’t been able to get my own copy, mou~
    I really like the Vivid Pop lashes though all of them are pretty~ I’ve been meaning to ask you too, how do you put on fake lashes?? I know there is a tool you can buy to help with it, but is it worth it? I really wanna wear them but the last time I tried, I failed miserably hahah!
    & of course your outfits are always super-cute, bby :)

If they had sold 2 I would have totally picked you up a copy but sadly there was only 1 copy on the shelf.

I use the Sephora brand lash tool. It does make it easier to place and hold the lashes firmly against your lid allowing them to dry evenly. Before when I was only using my fingers or tweezers it took a while to place my lashes. They sell it now with a set of Sephora lashes included :). I’d say it would be worth it if you think you might be wearing lashes as often as every weekend or so. Sadly it’s still $10 which I think is STILL $5 more than it needs to be =TT

• Tori says:

Awe, thank you for thinking about me, bby~! *hug*
        Thanks for the product link too! I think I will try it just to see if it’s any easier~ it could just be that I bought a cheap brand last time, mou :(

15. Syd Syd says:

I really like the sparkly sweater! Is it made out of an itchy material, though?

Surprisingly no! I thought the inside would be scratchy like the outer part of the shirt but it actually has a smooth, soft backing to the fabric that was used! It’s a big reason I got it because usually sparkly tops are scratchy even on the inside :(. So it’s very comfortable to wear like any tee :)

16. cin says:

ahh im like that too with any food hahahahah even after throwing up!! :(
    do you know where to get the lashes? i havent researched about the cheapest places for buying make up

17. Nana says:

Lol~~~ Sugar always makes me wanna puke if I have to much! I ate so many halloween gummies this weekend because my BF bought sooooo many at halloween sales xDD i thought i was gunna die!!

Hehe I love your style~~ so great ^ ^

18. Lanna says:

I love your outfit!So cute!The jumper is lovely as is the cardigan:)
    I’d forgotten about Tsubasa’s eyelash range,they look lovely.

19. ashica says:

LOVE the victoria’s secret sweater! I really wanted to buy it a few months back (in black + white) but did not have enough $$. I hope I can find it on sale also…

That sparkle top is cute! It seems warm also?

It is! It’s like a doubled up fabric. I think it would be too hot to wear as a tee in the middle of July. It really is a winter tee :)

20. Linda says:

your sparkly shirt is cute!
    mmm, cupcakes!

21. Becca says:

I’m like that with salty snacks.. just cannot stop! the lashes are so cute, and I love the grey+white cardi!!

I love that cardigan! It’s just soooooooo cute. Sadly, we do not have Victoria’s Secret here in Canada. =( I’ve been looking for simple & cute cardigans like these for a really long time but I can never seem to find them.

23. Maikue says:

Tsubasa looks so different with each eye lash style and hair style!!!

i always love your sense of style!! they always seem to be completely identical to you poupee counterpart!!

24. mikey kun says:

I’m the same way with sweets

25. Caitlin says:

Wow, I didn’t know there was a Rinka calendar! So getting that now omg.

26. Laura P. says:

omg love that sweater! I’m just so obsessed with anything sparkly and sequin XD! It must be because of the upcoming holidays! that lash line looks totally adorable!

27. jayjayne says:

Hehehe – great sweater! Once again, a rant about our inverse seasons! :D

And Tsubasa’s lash collection for Koji is so sweet! I wish I had the patience with falsies! And yes, I too have Saved For Later those chocolate lashes from yesstyle! ZOMG! ADORABLE! :D

28. cris says:

what a cute top! ^^
    i loved tsubasa’s nails too, want them WITH those eyelashes xD

and also, can you post the recipe of the cupcakes and the frosting? i’m mad about cupcakes! :3

I just use the recipe on the back of the box except instead of eggs I used Egg Beaters. Mike knows the frosting recipe. It’s simple, just powdered sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter :)

29. Reita says:

Lovely clothing items as always +_+

Those eyelashes are really cute! Tsubasa

30. Daisy says:

cute outfit, i love your shorts =p

31. monicalee says:

Hi I’m just wondering is the Japanese bookstore that you went to ship stuff to PA? I really want to buy the final issue of Pinky for collection…

32. kiracher says:

I’ve never commented before, but I thought that now would be better than never! XD

I just wanted to tell you that I love reading your blog! I find it really inspiring! For one, your successful weight loss really motivated me to work hard at losing weight myself! It really helps to see someone who lost weight and managed to keep it off!

As well, I also LOVE your fashion advice! I love looking at all of the cute outfits you assemble and the make-up tips! All in all, I really enjoy reading your blog!

Nice to meet you Kiracher! I’m always so surprised when people tell me my weight lost inspired them, hahahaa, I don’t know why. I just sit here and type and often it feels like such a solidarity-like task. I forget people do read it, hahaa! Glad you enjoy it :)

33. Stepherz says:

So, I don’t like the sparkle top by itself, but it looks amazing on you! Some things just look so much better on people than on the racks! And those eyelashes are amazing! So cute and flirty! I want some!

34. Zoraida says:

Every time I see something I like on the F21 website and then go to their store– I NEVER FIND IT. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Tsubasa looks really good with short hair :O

35. Jing says:

“I love the sparkle for the holiday season”. Same here :) I bought a gray sweater the other day with a touch of silver sparkles. LOVE that VS cardigan! For some unknown reason, I still have this idea that VS only sells inner wear, so I never really go inside =/ Anyway, I still need to pay a visit to F21 but haven’t found the time :(

36. Lisa says:

goshi those are really cute fake lashes! thanks for sharing^^