Weekend Look & Some Ranting

:deco15: Border Dress – H&M
:deco14: Jacket – Express
:deco9: Shoes – Airwalk
:deco7: Necklace – REVROSSA CLARITY
:deco14: Socks – F21
:sunny: Bag – Marc by Marc Jacobs

I think Veronica mentioned something about the maxi dress being paired with sneakers & a military jacket which I thought “Oh! That would be a cute laid back weekend look!” :deco8: It was a little chilly out Saturday. I ran a bunch of errands including getting that issue of Sweet from the market. For once I got to the market early so it was too crowded, haha *was nice.* :deco7:

Wore some new little floral sneaker socks from Forever 21 and also put on some chopped up Dolly Wink No.01 lashes as accents. It was the first time I had used them in this way and I was really happy with the subtle results. :deco2:

Shu Uemura eyeshadow. I’ve been really obsessed with this combination lately; mint & gold. :deco9: I tried it with a pink last week which looked nice too but I just keep going back to mint. Guess it feels extra spring to me. I’ve also had red nails for 2+ weeks. WAS REALLY OBSESSED WITH IT. :deco10: But the upkeep is especially difficult with red. So Monday I switch it out finally. Now wearing Brisk Blue lol.

I’ve been using Brilliant Brunette and I’m nearly done with my first bottles of the shampoo & conditioner. I took this photo so I could compare it to the one I took before I started using it. My hair looks the same LOL. No change really. Almost looks more blonde at times now LOL. :deco13: But I’ll wait and take another when I fully complete the bottles. Just saying *disappointed so far LOL*
:angry:
OK, so, this week has really sucked thus far. :drops: I had some mild food poisoning :deco13: since Sunday night so I worked at home Monday. Then today the trains were running crazy late. :mad: After it finally showed & I got on it randomly stops in the middle of nowhere. :dizzy: It was stopped for what seemed FOREVER. I was just repeating Judas and trying to catch up on comment replies so I didn’t notice for a while. The conductor comes through and says a sewer main busted and flooded the tracks so we couldn’t move forward. They reversed all the way to the previous stop which is a dual stop for both commuter trains and the metro/subway (yeah it’s complicated and we have multiple modes of train transportation.) :deco13: Anyway LONG 2 HOUR STORY SHORT I finally got back home and worked from home again. :mad: Which is frustrating because VPN is so slow to work on. But I did myself a favor yesterday and copied off the files I needed to work offline. Soooo glad I did that. :deco8: Ah but my digestive tract is still all asdfjkl; :angry: so fml & this week lolol

Tags:

57 Responses to “Weekend Look & Some Ranting”

1. mishi says:

Love them US trains haha

I like your eyeshadow colors :D hmm it reminds me of winter~ like an ice princess or something ^^

2. M says:

aww feel better
    i hate commute troubles

Thanks. Really hate when the train pulls this bullshit. But what else can you do except become a farmer where your commute is stepping out the front door lol

Food poisoning is dreadfulll~ I really hope you star feeling better soon bb :(
    Your eye makeup is gorgeous though~ I can’t even tell you’re wearing those Dolly Wink lashes at all! D:
    Let’s hope the rest of this week passes by nice & fast~~

4. chocoNIKKI says:

*woot* I got to know about your update so quickly this time because I finally got twitter (late to jump on the twitter bandwagon… -o-;;)

Oh~~~ I loveee the maxi dress look on you~! Somehow it matches your hairstyle to make it look more casual-cute~! ^^b hehe~ I also love your eyeshadow, tempts me to get some mint green since it’s one of my fav colors… But I fail at eyeshadow anyway…! T^T;;

And seems like your weeks been crappy too (I had my first iphone stolen last week!)~!

You look darling! I love it!

Gugh, I hate commuter crap like that :(

I’m so sorry you got sick! We’re finally recovering from being under the weather, I probs got Andy sick *eeep*

I’m glad mine isn’t contagious at least. And I still felt good enough to work. Just felt like my insides were dying of course lol

6. Willa says:

Cute outfit! :D
    I love those sneaker socks that you bought. They’re so cute!
    Aww, sounds like you had a bad start of the week. Hopefully it’ll get better! ^^

7. bubi says:

i know i could never work a maxi dress, but you always renew my love for them. i see them and go “OH GOD I’M TOO SHORT D:” then i see you in them and i love them again … sigh. the look is so simple but it looks really cute. ♥

even though the shampoo isn’t working (i would know … i have reddish brown hair, and i tried the red shampoo, but it did /nothing/?!) your hair still looks great.

i hope your tummy feels better. :(! hopefully it will pass quickly.

I’m 5’1″ (155cm) so if you’re any shorter I really bow my head to you and concede. I know how hard it can be to find bottoms that fit without dragging :(

Ah thanks!!! The blonde shampoo version worked almost magically so I’m a bit disappointed this had no affect. I guess deep down I’m still the super blonde I was as a child. Genetically at least lol

8. monicalee says:

I love how the eyeshadows turn out!!! The colors are so subtle and blend naturally! You did a good job applying these colors I think. :)

Ah thanks! I used to wear bright colors often but not lately. So when I do wear them I don’t want it to be TOO loud especially since I often wear it to the office.

9. Oh man! Sounds like such a crazy time for you! T o T Glad it’s over!!

I love that eyeshadow! I never thought those two colors would look good together but you blended it so well! The Dolly Wink lash looks great with it!

10. Katie says:

Hello! I’m a recent fan of your blog :) I really love your coordinates! And now I have to try out that eyeshadow combination.

I was surprised to read you’re a fellow DC resident. I guess I never expect to find out people live nearby. What market do you get your j-magazines from? I had no idea there was a place for that sort of thing around here o_o

11. jiajia says:

omg…i love your jacket

12. Gloria says:

Your makeup looks really pretty. It’s an eyeshadow combo I never would’ve thought to put together but they complement each other so well :)

13. Janet says:

I love mint and gold together too! I’ve tried the John Frieda poo’s (blonde, brunette and red), the blonde works the best, the brown didn’t do much for me either but I liked the scent the best and the red was pretty cr*p all around, heh. Hope you feel better!

14. zoraida says:

i hope you feel better soon!
    and that your week picks up~

15. Jenny says:

I love that outfit. I saw that dress the other day at the store but it was white (and a little dirty). My husband wouldn’t buy it for me though :(

16. Sidney says:

you are really good at wearing colours~ the most daring thing i use is a really light pink or a very toned-down gold. nothing amazing hah. ALL NEUTRALS FOR ME but uuuugh that mint + gold combo you have going…just looks so cute!

I used to wear colors like crazy but then I got into neutrals and now I’m a bit nervous about doing colors sometimes ;_____;

17. Miyake says:

I love the the accent lashes, they look so natural. Perfect for a casual everyday look ♥

Hmm.. the JF shampoo sounds disappointing.. but maybe it takes a little while for the effects to be seen? Like it’s buildable or something like that lol. I’ve tried JF shampoo & conditioner too (the brilliant brunette liquid shine series) and the results were greaaaat :D! It made my hair soft, shiny, vaguely smell like Bounty and my hair didn’t feel greasy at all after 2 days. I want to rebuy, but the only thing putting me off is the price -_-

Thank you! Yes, I have been trying to do more natural daily lash looks. Sometimes I think I’m going the natural route then I realize they’re very va va voom =___=;; which is OK too but I want to try something different lately.

Yea I’m only half through the bottles. The Blonde versions gave me obvious effects after just 3 uses so it has me worried I haven’t seen a change with the brunette yet.

18. Oreri says:

Tour iPhone case is yummy! Nice outfit and makeup!

19. ada says:

ugh mostly in my country public transport is a shit :(

sweet floral socks!!! how cute :D
    and the combination with mint and gold sounds nice, must try it!

20. Charlene says:

Loving the maxi dress on you with the sneaks. :) And I’m such a big fan on mint/ pink and pink/gold haha. I’m sorry for the unlucky days. We always get those kinds of things in batches. It sucks. -_- Hope today is better aside from yucky weather!

21. Theda Bara says:

The weekend outfit is indeed adorable and comfy-looking =D

I hope you get well soon!!

22. Mei says:

cute eyeshadow color . love it ! I haven’t used any make up yet -_-“

None at all? :O That’s good though especially if you’re still young :D Wait until you NEED it :D (or want it too, of course :P)

23. Jane says:

Aw man, I hope your tummy feels better soon! I hate when I have stomach problems messes up my whole entire mood. >:

The socks are super cute, so you. :)

24. Huynh says:

Cute outfit :) and I hope you feel better. I got food poison once that lasted a few days. What was worse was that I was going home from Vietnam aka long hours in a plane. Food Poison + Jet lag + time of month = fml xD
    My city doesn’t have trains or subways but sometimes I wish there are because to get around my area you need a car.

25. Cindii says:

I love your makeup! Very nice look. Sounds like you’re not having a good week so far. I hope your tummy is feeling a lot better.

26. hiika says:

so sorry to hear about all the previous ickiness! Hope you’re feeling better now though~ But in your weekend casual snap, you look so stinking cute!!! Makes me want to just grab you and give you a good cuddle hahahaha -gets banned for sounding like a creeper XD- I’m not a big fan of maxi dresses myself since I’m tiny and feel like I’d look stumpy, frumpy, and pregnant (dear god) but you look adorable!

You won’t get banned. I’m too lazy for that lololol! I’m short too so I’m glad I don’t come across as a preggers troll in it xD

27. Ys says:

Oh no I’m sorry to hear you’ve had food poisoning :( Do you know what it was you ate that upset you?

Your eyeshadow looks amazing. I wish I could apply make-up so well!

Sorry for the shitty week but your make looks really nice!!