Chocolate Brown Hair Change

Sunday, May. 8, 2011 | 96 Comments

GUESS WHAT I DID LAST NIGHT! :deco10:

Since Brilliant Brunette didn’t darken my natural color as much as I had liked :;_;: I went ahead and bought a box of John Frieda Precision Foam Color in 5N Medium Natural Brown! :celebrate:

Indoors natural lighting, by a window~~ :deco15:

Last weekend + this weekend (outdoors with sunlight)

I haven’t colored my hair in about 7 years actually. :deco13: While in the store buying the color Mike started laughing at how my natural color has been looking more & more blonde lately :x and how it looks more like a dye job. People ask “what color” I use so often. :cry: Now if anyone asks I can actually tell them something useful, hahaa! :?:

This foam color works so well. :deco10: Amazing coverage with no streaking or patchiness. The conditioner smells so nice too :up: I like the change & the color was exactly what I wanted. I was unhappy seeing my natural color lately. :cry: Tired of it I guess & needed a change. I had to wait a while before dying it though because of my perm. But that was over a month ago now.

Dunno what my plans are for it in the future, just gonna enjoy it right now! :ok:

I wonder if anyone at work will notice??? :dizzy: GAAAHAHAAA probably not lolol:ok:

Jenny posted on Sunday, May. 8, 2011
Tags:

96 Responses to “Chocolate Brown Hair Change”

1. ctina says:

The new color on you looks super pretty. I think it brings out the colors in your eyes.

Ah thank you! Though I wish my eye color was naturally like the lenses I’m wearing today xD I did notice my green eyes are standing out more now!

2. Sami says:

It looks lovely! I really like the side-by-side photograph
    You have such a sweet look :)

3. Yuri says:

Love the color change! I think it suits you a lot better (:

Hahahah thanks! Though kinda a bummer my genetics don’t suit me better hahahaa! I’ve always been cursed with blonde hair & jet black eyebrows ;___; Mother nature is cruel…

4. Lorik says:

AWWWWWW I love it!!! This darker color looks awesome! I liked your natural color too~ This is a nice change though!! ^___^
    Is it easier to dye your hair this way? With the foam I mean? ( i haven’t dyed my hair so I wouldn’t know one from the other ;_____;)

The foam is soooooo easy. I used full box dye like 10 years ago and it was always runny and hard to saturate your whole head and I’d get patches where I had missed. This. This looks freaking natural the coverage is so good!

5. Fatiha says:

Really pretty, Jenny! It really is nice going through change once & a while~ hehe I’m glad you’re happy with your new hair color !
    it kinda gives off a calm – like aura .. if that makes any sense ^_^

Ah thank you. Yeah I was hoping it would make me look more “calm aura” haahaaa. Actually I was hoping to look a little older with the color change :P

6. heather says:

adorable color ! I think it compliments your fair complexion quite well.
    also hi5 for being box brunettes. I darkened my hair last week. The chocolate brown transition has been going around it seems. Isnt this normally the season to lighten hair? o uo

Haahaa I know! Most people are in bleach mode!!! I just kinda feel a dark haired bright summer vibe right now for myself. High 5 for darkening though!!!!! Ppl call us crazy but oh well!

7. Linda says:

OH. MY. GOSH.
    I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR COLORRRR!
    it fits you soooo well :D

8. Hayley says:

Oooh, I LIKE it! It suits you! I dyed mine the same colour a couple months ago and I still don’t know if it suits me… but on you, it’s good!

Oh you did? It’s sorta strange getting used to right? I appreciate the kind words. I’m not sure if it suits me but I love the change anyway! I like being surprised by the mirror lol

9. Vickyy says:

Ahh! It is sooo nice Jenny! You are so pretty! :3 I love it and I am glad you do too! :) I really admire your style ^^ Spring is the best time for change in my opinion :P So nice and fresh!

10. Charlene says:

OMG thats the brown I’ve been wanting! Looks so amazing on you though! I’m such a pussy, I get too scared to dye my hair. And the brown might not make my freckles look so appealing haha

Yeah I was a little worried about the color on me though I have a wig in this color so I was glad it came out sorta similar. I look HORRIBLE with any shade if red even a light tone of it so I’m glad it didn’t come out red at all. I understand your hesitation ^nods

11. Rubi says:

I love it!!! the color looks so pretty on you!!!

12. Jing says:

You could totally pass as a natural brunette XD Lovely color is lovely.

• Jing says:

-____- Well don’t I feel stupid. I used that character that would cut the comment off. Wow, I can’t believe it finally happened to me. LOL. ANYWAY, I was going to ask you how you deal with root growth. Is it hard to do touch ups?

I don’t know. I haven’t colored my hair in years and years. I used to just grow the dye out because I was in college and didn’t care. Not sure what I’ll do with my roots.

13. M says:

NICE
    i like how you’ve mastered that pose

im thinking of going red and very very short

14. luluboo says:

looks great! that colour looks lovely on you

15. Suteisi says:

Super cute!!!! I really like it!!!

I darkened my hair recently too. At first it looked too dark, but since I washed it a few times I like it a lot n_____n

Yeah seeing the darkening made me think. Too dark? Just right? I LIKE IT! I sorta hope mine doesn’t fade too quickly but I have a feeling it will. My hair doesn’t hold onto coloring very well. It’s why I stopped trying to color it so long ago =¥

16. Mika says:

It looks so pretty! The darker color really does suit you!

But omg T.T what lenses are those? They’re so gorgeous!

17. Leslie says:

I’ve been wanting to try that John Frieda foam hair dye! Especially since there are so many Japanese brands that have the home dye (but John Frieda seems more accessible!) I also loveee your hair color it is so adorable. :)

Ditto! I bought the Japanese fuwafuwa color in caramel custard but then I decided I wanted darker hair and wished I had purchased a darker shade. Thankfully all these foam and mousse dyes just came out in the US!!

18. It looks really pretty! I though your real color was a dye job too, hahahaha~ oops :3 I haven’t dyed my hair since… my first year in Japan. Last time I tried to do it the guy at the salon sat there for about 15 minutes picking all of the natural highlights out of my hair, gushing about how did I get them, how could they NOT be dyed, and then refused to color my hair! lol.

Haahaa this!!! I was so tired of having a million different natural highlights!! And yeah ppl always told me DONT your natural color is so lucky. But I finally didn’t care anymore and wanted the change. Especially with new foam color out it seemed so easy!!! Also cursed with black eyebrows but light hair ppl thought my natural color was dyed.

19. Jenn says:

Ahh, I really like the color! I have jet-black hair and that’s the type of brown I want too, hehe. It suits you well. :)

20. Sidney says:

LIKE LIKE LIKE LOOOOVE!
    it fits your “image” really well~~~ it makes you more…ah…mature? ok not quite the right word because you don’t look older but you look more sophisticated! it’s just really pretty~ ^^

Seriously…..

EXACTLY what I was going for. I kid you not. But when I told a few ppl that they laughed and said it was foolish. But whatevs zD

21. Ham-Cham says:

Gorgeous! I think it really suits you~ ^ ^

22. Liz says:

Gorgeous color! I really like your hair a bit darker, it gives it more depth. You are so cute though anyway.

I ROVE EET

Darling!! I went jet black once, but have never colored since!

Let’s switch and I’ll go caramel haha

24. Vermillion says:

Your new hair colour looks great on you! ^^ It’s interesting to see how many hair dyes are foamy now.

25. Barbs says:

That color looks amazing on youuu! 可愛い♪ :D

26. Momo says:

Omg, I want your hair color ! Thanks for posting this, I’ve been looking for this color. You look gorgeous :)

27. Miamy says:

Funny how asians always want to have lighter hair, but you want Darker hair! Lol :)

28. zoraida says:

i actually think that darker hair suits you more! especially with your current cut and style. it’s a lovely change ^__^

29. mawa says:

OH MYYY SO CUUUTE~~ your new hair is influencing me to foam dye my hair a darker shade too! right now my hair is copper brown with dirty blonde highlights, its great but too much $$$ to maintain. i’m probably thinking of just going to a simple one color shade instead of my usual multicolored highlights. @_@ i’m in need of change!

but anyway, i love the difference from blonde to dark brown! the color looks so rich and natural and healthy~ ^______^ i’ve heard of these foam dye things but never really looked into it more. if i don’t have the time to see my hairstylist i’ll definitely look into the John Frieda line! thanks for sharing~ :)

Glad I could help! Yeah the foam is pretty amazing soooooooo many people couldn’t believe it wasn’t my “natural” color as in I somehow washed out all my blonde idek. The color looks so pro & natural xD

30. xiaobibu says:

lovely hair color!! It looks pretty nice on you :D I just colored my hair also! but it kinda fail >

31. Aw I love the color change! ^^ It looks super cute!

32. Miyake says:

Love the color change! The riche brown is very Popsister, me gusta! Is it a permanent hairdye? I’ve been wanting to try it out, but I haven’t dyed my hair myself for nearly a half year, since the last time turned out to be disappointing ==;
    but going to the salon every time makes my wallet shrink like mad! LOL

33. Alisa says:

Ohh, you look amazing. I think every hair colour would fit you!

34. lissy says:

gotta love your new hair colour!!!
    you look more…sophisticated now ;w; haha

35. Ys says:

That’s the colour I usually dye my hair! Aw you’re making me miss that colour even more now. I really want to let my natural colour to come through for a while yet though…must be strict with myself hehe.

You look very cute :)

36. ada says:

Yay! U made it! Now u look more clearly and fresh I could say :D

btw. where did you buy this rosary, I mean this necklace with crosses?

37. Amelia says:

You look great!

38. Gloria says:

The new colour really suits you and I love your cut :)

39. Emy says:

OMG Jenny you look freaking amazing with your new color!

WOW I LOVE ITTT ♥♥♥

41. samalane says:

It looks so good! You’re so brave! I’m naturally blonde and I absolutely love the way dark hair looks, but I’m so worried it will look bad on me- I’m very pale xD

But the brown looks very good! I think it seems to suit you better :3

42. Alyse says:

Wooow! Looks really cute! ♥
    With your hair darker, I think your fave stands out a little more, nice effect!♪
    Is it a permanent color treatment?

43. Mei says:

I love your dark color hair :D

44. cin says:

I love it!!!! :D

45. Cindii says:

The darker color looks good on you!!

46. Joany says:

the darker color is a nice change! i like it! :)

47. chocoNIKKI says:

WOW! We both bought hair dye about the same time~~! But I wanted to go lighter and you went darker…! It looks nice on you~~ The foam dye is easier to use right..? ^^b

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier than when I used to color my hair years ago! No running mess or missed spots!! People kept saying it looked so natural too because the foam color does such good coverage!

48. Sah says:

OOh! You look so pretty with this new hais color! :D I love it, it makes you look even younger

49. kamille says:

chocolate brown! :) Jenny, I have a question. I want to get bangs, but I’m not sure how to maintain them. Sometimes it gets oily and doesn’t keep shape so I’m wondering what to do. thanks!

Ugh yeah I have this problem too especially in summer. Well what I’ve found for me I avoid putting any product on them even hairspray because it causes them to get oily faster. The most I’ll do is spray a little pre-curl spray or wet type hairspray on a comb, then comb through my bangs once and then style with a flat iron or curling iron. This helps keep the shape without weighing them down with too much product.

I also keep a little tube of dry shampoo powder if it gets really bad while I’m out (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P147937&categoryId=B70)

I avoid putting too much moisturizer and makeup on my forehead which can also make my bangs look oily quickly. Plus using blotting papers on my forehead. I have oily skin though.

50. Huynh says:

The color looks really nice on you :)

51. Yukimi says:

I sometimes read your tweets and was like “oho!” when you wrote that you want brown hair
    I like it! (^w^) Looks good on you~
    Hope to see more photos soon :D

52. Ting. says:

its soo nice!! :] v. suits you!! ^^v

53. Minzy says:

I love the new color!
    It’s so nice on you, and i like the way it contrasts with your eyes in the picture~
    I love the way dark hair looks with lighter eye colors :)

54. Yuki says:

You look so cute with your new hair colour♥ It really suits you >w

55. Emma says:

Wow so pretty. I just dye my hair and it fail totally. I’m thinking of dyeing again soon

56. Lokkita says:

your new color looks amazing on you, it’s very natural looking too!

57. xMickii says:

Wow you look gorgeous 8D~~

I ADORE your new color! It’s such a nice deep, rich brown! I was actually not sure whether to dye my hair again, but I think I got my answer! ;D I think it looks great on you!