Sponsored Post: Pinky Paradise & Gossip Aqua Lenses

Saturday November 06, 2010

The great people over at Pinky Paradise sponsored this pair of Gossip Aqua contact lenses!

Gossip Aqua

Brand: Barbie
Diameter: 14.5mm
Base Curve: 8.6mm
Life Span: 1 year disposal
Water Content: 38%

Also known as Gossip Blue, these have that multi-colored star burst look. This style really seems popular right now too especially in PopSister magazine with the similar Bambi Series lenses Tsubasa wears from Japanese brand Angelcolor. I wanted to try these because I liked that the inner color is a sort of warm brown. Having hazel green eyes this was my chance for some striking blue eyes without that super sharp edge: of color difference near the pupil.

I’m really happy with how they blend with my natural eye color. The color is printed pretty close to the center of the contact too (closer to the pupil) more than any other lens I have. The outer edge is black with dark blue that leads into the aqua blue then the honey brown color. Here’s a close shot of one in with one out. I love how intense the blue is on these! The enlarging effect is also really great & noticeable. I love these for when I want striking eyes and not something really subtle or natural.

I wore these for the first time last night when I went out to dinner. I had them in for about 4 hours, and have to say, they’re pretty comfortable! They took a few minutes to sorta settle in but by the time I was at the restaurant I had forgotten I was even wearing them :)! They didn’t seem to dry out or anything either. I even kept them in after I got home and watched some TV with them still on which is a bit rare for me! Usually I take my lenses out right away but these felt fine so I waited until later to take them out for the night.

The contacts arrived safely surrounded by bubble wrap and in a sweetly wrapped Hello Kitty bag. It came with the lenses, an adorable bear shaped lens case, and a super awesome pumpkin guy trinket strap! Haha I love him, he’s perfect for the season!

I love that the case is, not only beyond adorable but also vivid aqua blue! This way I’ll know which case contains my “Gossip Aqua” lenses!

If you order any lenses from Pinky Paradise you can also get the cute animal case included free PLUS a free mystery gift included by using this promotional code they sent my way!

code: sushicat

By entering this code:
1. Customers are entitled to a FREE cute animal lens case PLUS mystery gifts!
2. The coupon code can be stacked, If you purchase 3 pairs, you will get 3 lens case plus 3 mystery gifts.
3. A minimum of 1 lens purchased to activate the code.
4. The code has no expired date!

Please use this code freely!!
You enter it as you checkout

I’m always happy when ordering from Pinky Paradise, so I’m extremely excited they offered to sponsor a pair lenses for me to review! I bought my Candy Green & Max Pure Brown lenses from them before. Their customer service is so helpful and friendly, their shipping is one of the fastest I’ve experienced when ordering lenses too (compared to other sites I’ve ordered from.) I usually get my order within 10 days and it includes tracking. Also the cute cases and lens variety is fantastic! They’re always getting the latest trendy lenses in PLUS in various prescription strengths! You can order a specific strength for each eye and most of their lenses offer more than just plano (0.0) strength. Also they have user reviews on a lot of the lenses too which can be really helpful when choosing a new pair.

OK! I leave you with one more massive closeup shot taken indoors this time while the first shot was taken outdoors

Oh, and there are 3 other colors in this series!
Gossip Gray, Gossip Brown, and Gossip Purple! They’re all 4 available at Pinky Paradise with strengths available from 0.0 ~ -10.00

Tags:

88 Responses to “Sponsored Post: Pinky Paradise & Gossip Aqua Lenses”

1. WOW!

These are some really reeeeeeally really beautiful lenses!

omg!
    i kinda want them!

and gorgeous photo u look beautiful!!!

XOXO

2. Sara Mari says:

Argh the way those lenses look with your green eyes is so amazing!! This is one review that really tempts me to buy the lenses XD

You’ve bought from Pinky Paradise several times before right? It’s really wonderful that they sponsored you!

Yea I got 2 pairs from them before! Didn’t you have some violet lenses you got a while back? I can’t recall remembering seeing a pic of you wear them though :( *sad face* I think the violets in this series are REALLY pretty & I’m thinking of getting them!! Purple on green, hahahaaa, might look pretty awesome!!

3. Tasja says:

wwwoooowww they look amazing on you!!

I really like them ^^
    And those lens cases are supercute :D

& your fur thingy is cute :3

xx

4. Linda says:

OMYGOSHHHHH I LOVE YOUR LENSESSS! :D
    they enhance your eyes so well too!

5. Stacy says:

LOVEEEE love love love these lenses on you!
    And your HAIR! How do you get your bangs like that?
    I’ve been going through anti-bang days lately and I am realllly tempted to chop ’em off again. haha

6. Cherubyx says:

Wow wow wow, they look so stunning on you, I think they suit your eyes better than asian brown eyes (more unatural for me)! I love the code, I think I will use it once I get my prescription for my eyes done! :) I’m thinking of getting the Gossip Brown or Grey!!

YAAY!! I’m excited you’re getting some! PLEASE stop by and let me know when you get them, I’d love to see these on you! :D

I like all the gossip series colors to be honest so either one you pick will be pretty. The brown really is a NICE more striking brown than some I’ve seen out there. But grey is always so exotic too!

I’m glad these blended with my color pretty well but I do sort of like how you get more of a tri-color effect when worn on darker eyes :X.

7. Shirley says:

Those look so pretty on you! Everytime you post about circle lenses it’s a reminder for me to try them!! I was wondering which circles you would recommend for a beginner like me? Thankies :))

Well first, would you need a prescription or just non-prescription? Non-prescription is good because plano or 0.0 is easiest to find!! If you need prescription strength ones I’d get something that matches your daily wear lens prescription. For example my daily wear lenses are -9.00, 14mm diameter with a base curve of 8.6. For first time circle lenses I’d recommend nothing bigger than 14mm in diameter. Also Barbie brand is very comfortable. But I also found the GEO Tearful pair I reviewed a few weeks ago to be extremely comfortable! It’ll give you that enlarged iris effect but not stand out too much and because there’s not color printed all over it it let’s in more oxygen. If you want more colorful though feel free to go wild!

And lastly buy some re-wetting drops to carry with you! And don’t wear them for more than 2 or 3 hours the first few times so you can get used to them :D

Sorry if a lot of this was repetitive if you already wear daily wear lenses :P

8. Melissy says:

+ actually thought the photo of you at first was a popteen model wearing the lens! XD
    The purple one looks really nice!
    Tempted to get a pair too. :)
    I think I will once I use up all my other lenses first. :D

9. zoraida says:

your lighting indoors + outdoors is perfect! unless you’re tweaking it with photoshop lol if so do teelll~ or not.

i think this style is great for your eyes! the green + brown blend in perfectly and you look gorgeous with blue! better than your other blue ones! ;)

I tweak with my camera’s programmable settings, hahahaaa! I always bump up the exposure value when inside fufufufu XD! Also I’m standing NEXT to a bright window *cheats* hahahaaa!

Yeah, the King Blue pair I have has that sudden edge break, blegh.

10. Fatiha says:

wow~ they really look interesting!! you look very pretty in them~ hehe the case really is adorable~! and i love the fact you can get a mystery gist with every order…. so tempting!! O_O and it really does make a difference-it makes your eyes pop out MUCH more~♪
    i honestly am very tempted~ and the fact that you’re never disappointed ordering from them makes it better! at this point, i’m willing to trust you~ ^_^

Oh wow, I’m so honored :OOOO!! And thank you! If you get them I hope you like em! I know they’ll look great, the color alone is just so pretty :D

11. priincess says:

WOW! That colour is SOOOOO NICE! :) I think I may considering ordering a pair now ;) Thanks hun for the review!

12. Vermillion says:

Wow, you look really nice with them on ^0^ Thank you for the review and promo code~ I’ve always wanted to order from them and I feel even more tempted now XD

13. monicalee says:

Jenny you are soooo pretty!!! Love how these circle lenses turn out!!! I also want to try circle lens recently but am kinda scared. I’m short-sighted but always using nerdy glasses, lol.

Aw, don’t be scared! They’re basically just like daily wear contacts that millions already use every day. I have to already wear daily lenses anyway to see so I guess I’m not so nervous about playing with colored lenses. Well, they’ll always be there if you ever want to try them out ;Dv!!

14. wow…u look amazing~~!!ur hair looks lighter~~n_n

15. Miya says:

gorgeous!!! I am rather fond of the purple…:)

AREN’T THE PURPLE JUST LOVELY! I’m curious how they would look since the inner color is about the same as the Gossip Blue :O On brown eyes though they already look really pretty *_*

16. Betty says:

oooh pretty. I gotta use up all my lens first but these are so gorgeous!

Yes, definitely keep them in mind! I know, I have some on my “replacement” list too that I want to get as my old ones start to reach the end of their lifespan :)

17. Hachi says:

These are so striking & gorgeous on you!! Thanks so much for the promo code too~

18. Jeannine says:

They’re really pretty~ Looks great on you :D
    I want to order some lenses just for the free stuff…LOL I’m such a sucker for free stuff XD and Hello Kitty~~~~~~~ :D

19. ミッカ says:

Those look really gorgeous and so do you and they match so well with your eyes!! :D The case is just so cute~ :D I would love to wear those kinds of contact lenses, but unfortunately I require toric because of my poor eye sight… :( So, I have to make myself happy with sad looking color lenses! Haha. :D

Awe yeah, they don’t sell toric circle lenses here (but you can google it, I’ve seen toric circle lenses for sell before on other sites ;) )

20. Sami says:

Though I lovelovelove my sponsor, Pinky Paradise seem so nice!! I love the cases they give and who can’t love free gifts XD hehehe

The lenses themselves look awesome on you too!

21. Savannah says:

these are gorgeous!!! I’m always looking for new circle lenses.

I just got in the grey tear ones that you got, and I just did a review on them too! unfortunately for me, the tears don’t show up very well on my eyes. :(

but these are soooo pretty!

GORGEOUS!! ♥ They really do look amazing on you~

23. heather says:

.. so pretty ! o uo
    those contacts are gorgeous. i’m actually going to buy my first pair of circle lenses soon & i might purchase them through pinky paradise now. i was going to order a pair through yesstyle due to convenience.. BUT THAT BEAR CASE, do want~
    decisions, decisions.

24. Kayano says:

the gossip blue lens look absolutely gorgeous on you Jenny

25. cin says:

damn your pic is gorgeous! :D

Haahaa the VERY next morning I woke up with the biggest zit I’ve had in MONTHS exploding in the middle of my left cheek!!! It’s still sitting there and comes with me wherever I goes~

26. Kym says:

P.S – i’m glad you enjoyed my sexy cow outfit. haha!

27. Kym says:

Did my comment post? i’m confused! haha! anyway, hope it did.. ;P

28. Kym says:

Noooooo! my initial comment did not post… anyway here is what i said:

P.S – i’m glad you enjoyed my sexy cow outfit. haha!

29. Kym says:

Noooo! my initial comment did not post :( But here is what i said:

P.S – i’m glad you enjoyed my sexy cow outfit. haha!

30. Kym says:

how come my original comment won’t post, even if i try to copy and paste it into a new comment? :(

• Kym says:

Let’s try it this way… here is what i said: awww the contacts look GREAT on you… and i love the packaging and the lenses case. I wore contacts since I was about 13 yrs old and i recently got laser eye surgery so wearing contacts again will feel weird to me! haha! ;P P.S – i’m glad you enjoyed my sexy cow outfit. haha!

LOOOOOOOOL they all got stuck in moderation I guess it thought some words were spammy like “eye surgery” and “sexy” gomen gomen gome ;-;

31. Kym says:

let’s try again, here is what i said: awww the contacts look GREAT on you… and i love the packaging and the lenses case. I wore contacts since I was about 13 yrs old and i recently got laser eye surgery so wearing contacts again will feel weird to me! haha! ;P P.S – i’m glad you enjoyed my sexy cow outfit. haha!

32. cin says:

pretty blue eyessss *_*

Very nice!! I’ve been toying with the idea of ordering some and I’m definitely more tempted with the free goodies offer and your high recommendation. :) I’m gonna check them out and maybe I can buy myself a Christmas present this year ;P

You wear contacts already right? *because I think I recall you wear glasses?

• Courtney says:

I wear both! The only issue is that one of my contacts is “harder” for astigmatism, but I think you said that you can still use circle lenses? Did you have astigmatism as well…?

I have astigmatism but it’s not severe enough for the contacts with astigmatism. I just put on reading glasses on top of my contacts whenever it starts to bother me or switch from contacts to my glasses. There are toric circle lenses but I’d google around for those b/c PP doesn’t carry them.

34. Serena says:

Oh my god these lenses look amazing. o3o I really want to try a pair but I’ve never used contacts before.

35. Mari says:

This post inspired me to try my first ever pair of circle lenses! I bought the Gossip Grey lenses, and I’ve gotta say, the Gossip series is really unique with the gorgeous warm/golden light brown in the middle. They look really natural because of it. ♥ I used your promo code too, and got some adorable Xmas earrings, a collagen under eye mask, and cute yellow fishies for a lens case. ♥ Thanks so much for this review!

36. jianing23 says:

WOOOOOW sooo nice!!! TT_TT

btw are u a half :O?

how much were they?

37. anonymous says:

Your discount code only gives me a $0.01 discount…

38. Kettu says:

hey, about the blue lenses.. are they really that coulourful and with a dark rim as they seem? or is it photoshop?

’cause I have googled them and there are not many photos of these lenses on light eyes and … well you’r photos look so perfect, exactly like the ones I’d love to have ( well besides the original angelcolor セサミグレー 14,2 what are not available for outside japan ) but all the photos I have found of these, gossip lenses have turned out to be rather pale and un-noticable.

Love Kettu.

They’re really that colorful in natural lighting on my light eyes. They’re not opaque lenses, they let a little bit of your natural eye color through.

39. Danielle says:

Wow…I’ve always wanted to do lenses but, never found or say any that I really liked. My eyes are naturally blue and these would be perfect!! :)

40. Lili says:

What strength should i get? these are going to be my first contacts i guess~~ :D

what strength did you get? :)
    xx