The Little Things Matter Some Days

Monday August 22, 2011

The clerk at the Macy’s Clinique counter really made my day! :ok: I was just so exhausted and defeated but managed to drag my ass to Macy’s for an emergency refill purchase of Clinique Emergency Gel Lotion. She was beyond helpful :deco3: and when I asked if they ever got in their Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum in sample form she made up a sample for me to take home! SO EXCITED! I’ve been wanting to try it for a few months now but

1: it’s not cheap.
2: I was paranoid of buying it only to discover it breaks me out.

Now I can try it for a few days to see if it gives me and skin trouble and maybe see some early results?! Anyway, I was delighted. :deco8:

Below is some Earl Grey Rose tea :deco1: I brewed for relaxing with when I got home today. Now I’m off to take some more Oscillo and try to sleep early :deco16:

Tags: , , ,

52 Responses to “The Little Things Matter Some Days”

1. Sidney says:

Ugh idk why but I get excited when I see my favorite bloggers using/talking about Clinique. Maybe cos I like that brand so much or something? Haha~

2. Hannah says:

I am glad that they helped you when you need a helping hand!!!

3. Mommo says:

Rose tea!? I love it!! I don’t often update my blog since my ipod touch camera isn’t a high pixel one and my labtop is freaking and nearly break down :(( your blog is always interesting to me:)

4. Souno says:

I love it when people do little things that might not seem too great to them, but to you it just makes you smile and make you happy for the whole day.

Seriously. I’m sure she had no idea but it made me really happy and turned my day around! ANDDDDDDDDD motivated me to blog which I wasn’t planning on doing \:D/

Ohh, do tell if that serum works! So nice of your Clinique lady to do that for you :)
    I hope you’re having a peaceful, relaxing evening ♥

6. Leslie says:

I love when shop staff are really nice and willing to help you out, especially for something delicate like skin! :)

7. Michelle says:

Why have I never heard of that?! I must go try now~
    I feel like I’m trying new things because of you, hehehe ^^

I think it’s fairly newish! The woman said it was good but that Shiseido’s was better & Lancome’s was the best! So hmmmm. My pores are starting to show more & more, my mother’s bad skin genetics strike again! Haha!

8. Amy says:

There are such huge pores on my nose, even when I clean all the blackheads out. T____T Tell us if the serum works well or not.

Will do. So far worked GREAT on my forehead but not so much around my nose/upper cheeks. The salesperson said Shiseido’s was better & Lancome’s was the best.

9. M says:

nice! free stuff rocks :D

10. chocoNIKKI says:

Ever since summers started I’ve also been back into tea~! Especially sencha, matcha, and masala chai~! I wish I had your metal-teabag thing (sorry, I fail at remembering names of these things… -o-;;;;;)~! That would be super convenient~! =D

Finding tea infusers are difficult. It’s like they’re no where but every where! I prefer loose leaf tea so I have a couple of these.

• chocoNIKKI says:

Oooh thanks! I asked my mom, and she pointed out that we had one the whole time! The only thing is it isn’t mesh~! =O It’s metal (chrome plated brass) with holes haha, I should really look more carefully~~ =D

11. mikey kun says:

i’ve been wanting to try the Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum from Clinique for awhile now , hope it works for you.

12. Marleny says:

Customer service is so inconsistent here in the States, and it’s really sad when we’re surprised to be treated right! orz

I love the tea leaf holder thingy!!! (lol) where did you get it? :O

I can’t even fully express how much I agree with you on this! It. Really. Is. I have had especially crap service at Macy’s so last night blew me away. And that, indeed, is a bit sad.

The tea infuser is from a grocery store. I have a few of them. Sometimes they’re easy to find and then other times they’re impossible.

13. Thao says:

Hurray for good customer service!!

I really need to switch to tea. Been on a coffee binge lately. So not good for me.

Yeah at least with tea, even black tea, there’s less caffeine. I wouldn’t care about caffeine though if it didn’t effect me so much.

14. Angel says:

clinique seems to be a hit on miss on me. If only the sales lady at the counters here in the philippines weren’t as stingy with samples!!!!

15. Thanh Thao says:

My sis is also into Clinique, but it is quite expensive here in Germany, so when I’n going to NYC this winter I’ve gotta bring her back some stuff XDD

It’s so nice to have a nice clerk serving you! The ones here are usually very unfriendly and no help at all, lol

16. Huynh says:

That was nice of the clerk to do. I really like Clinique products but I have only tried out two in the past, the city block sun screen and the Moisturizing Gel. I wish I can try out more products but it’s too pricey for me >.

It’s true, like today they made me wait in line at Zara for 20 minutes – on one else, just me!, and no one even apologized for it :( It sucked! lol

SO FEEL YOU. In 99.999999999999% of those situations I’ve literally dropped my stuff on the floor & walked out but sometimes it happens when I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT/NEED something and I just weight in my head “how bad do I seriously need this?” It’s so aggravating!

18. Jane says:

Small things like that; a welcome or a smile or a ‘have a nice day’ does just that – it makes my day. =D

So true. I try to think that when I’m in a bad mood & dealing with others too b/c it would be nice if I could turn someone’s day around you know.

19. Itzel says:

Hi! I kinnda found your blog while searching some magazine scans on the net. Anyway, I really like it,your japanese-fashion style & comments, I´m checking it like twice a week~^^

20. Having acne prone skin is expensive as, well, hell! I suffer with you! Clinique has helped me a lot, but I always run out of their products when I’m on a strict budget (Before pay-day etc……(-_-‘) and it’s a pain! Hope you’re having a good day anyways!

//Elin

21. rene says:

oh no poor you. I hope you are well rested.
    But doesn’t tea contains caffeine? I got myself some sleepind aid pills recently from Melbourne too. It is suppose to rest my overactive mind.

22. Afef says:

Mmmm clinique! i’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the brand :) – maybe it’s time i convert to it as well!

& that tea sounds really gorgeous ;3

23. bloomzy says:

I did exactly the same thing with MAC’s tinted moisturiser, and I’m glad I did because it’s really not very good – for my skin(!).

It’s always lovely to have a kind, friendly clerk on a make-up counter so I completely understand. Samples also make me happy too :D

24. cin says:

Yay for free samples! Too bad the Clinique line didn’t like my skin.. I did like their foundation for acne-prone skin though! :)

25. zoraida says:

She just made you a sample!? That’s so awesome. Maybe I should go to various Clinique’s and ask for samples of their depuffing cream .. thing. That thing is amazing.

I always feel like my day’s been made when someone goes out of their way a little to help. :)

It’s almost “tea season”. I’m looking forward to fall/winter :)