Pumpkin Patch Morning

Saturday October 22, 2011

Went out to the pumpkin patch again this year. It wasn’t as beautiful and sunny as previous years. A very cold, typical autumn day with gray skies and wet grass. The patch had been mostly cleared out by now as well. Did grab a nice big pumpkin though for Halloween. Afterward went to Starbucks.
Lately I’ve been ordering a short nonfat cappuccino with 1 pump of pumpkin spice.

57 Responses to “Pumpkin Patch Morning”

1. 3lin says:

Wow..awesome. I never see pumpkin patch before. Really beautiful. What is all about the pumpkin spice?

As in the craze??? It’s in EVERYTHING at this time of year. Coffee, cocoa, bread, doughnut, oatmeal, tea, … I even have “Pumpkin Spice” scented bubble bath!

2. sarah marie says:

cute pumpkin patch! i want to go oneday, ive never been to one~ love your boots! i have really similar ones and i love them~!

3. Eliz says:

are you cooking anything with the pumpkin afterwards?? :3

You look so adorable ♥

5. Meow says:

Wow! Beautiful pumpkin patch! Wish I could go to one!

6. Amy says:

Ommgg, whenever I carve a pumpkin, I make suucch a huge mess in my house. :C

7. Magie says:

I love pumpkin patches! Every year, we go to one on a farm. :) My brother and I will have a mini-competition to see which of us can convince our parents to let us have the largest pumpkin we can find. Sadly, though, we didn’t this year, due to the pending move. I am ready to get my butt to Virginia, already, so that life can have some sense of movement!

It looks like you had a very lovely time, and I hope that you picked out a cute pumpkin and carved it out like a pro. Loving your outfit, that sweater looks so warm and soft! :P

– Magie

I haven’t had a pumpkin for Halloween in years…I hope to get one this year! I miss picking them out and hauling them home :) And Jack o Lanterns are so cool and spooky!! (and the seeds are delicious…)

9. Kimari says:

Ahhh I so wish that we got more into Halloween as a holiday down here in NZ, but alas NO! (Although I am going out to buy as many Halloween decorations as I can for my Nightmare Before Christmas theme tree this year) It’s so nice to see a pretty pumpkin patch again!

Do you carve your J-O-L the ‘traditional’ pattern or something a bit different?

PS LOVE the second to last shot, but I am totally bias to shots of shoes heh heh.

Hmm, hmmm, I’ve done both traditional and “new” like designs. I’m REALLY a traditionalist at heart. Usually if I do a design it’s on a second pumpkin but since we just have 1 this year I’ll probably do a more traditional face :)

10. Sewon says:

Ah, the photos of the pumpkin patch makes me want to bake a nutmeg pumpkin pie!

11. lissy says:

first time seeing a pumpkin patch, so cool

12. Amelia says:

That looks so cool.

13. MIKA CHAN says:

Aw what a nice, gloomy day. I live for days like this! I haven’t been to a pumpkin patch in years, it seems… so lovely!

14. Fashimi says:

Ahhh I love Halloween! I just wish Australia celebrated it more. They have all sorts of pumpkin flavoured things in Japan right now, which I love – pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin Krispy Kremes… Best seasonal flavour, in my opinion.

YES!! This year especially Pumpkin Spice is in EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I can’t even imagine next year. Though was surprised to not see any “Pumpkin Spice” gum .. I mean really, it’s in everything xD I LOVE it.

15. mommo says:

Says: “Hello Halloween:)”
    Lovely pumpkin, I love ’em all! lol

16. Joey says:

Oh MYyYyyyyy~ its gorgeous~!!! i never seen anything like it…
    i hope i get to crave my 1st pumpkin this Halloween~ ^^

Look forward to see ur carved pumpkin~ Any tips for a newbie? tee-hee ^^

Hmmm, well, lots of newspaper or garbage bags under the pumpkin for easy clean up. And use either a pumpkin carving kit or sharp knife :D

Planning to baked or dry the seeds out in salt??? One of my favorite parts! Delicious too!

• Joey says:

ooo coolz… now you got me all excited.LOL cant wait to try^^

drying the seeds out in salt?? never heard of that…so literally just merinate the seeds in salt and put them out in the sun?? hm….ok might give it a go~

Thanks Jenny^^

17. Miho-chan says:

ohh w o w!!

I have never seen a pumpkin patch (I would love to *__*)

It looks great! I can imagine that the pumpkins will awaken to life on Halloween *lol* xD May they will be dancing in the moonlight ;) ?

18. susy says:

OOHHH i remember you going to it last year too!!
    ive never carved a pumpkin before for halloween! its not that big here in australia i dont think
    does it take a long time?
    show us the end result!!! :D

Yeah last year was much prettier. The field was located on the other side of the farm to (which I liked more.) Oh well~~

Hmmm I dunno, yeah, it’s not a quick task. Probably an hour at least?? Maybe 2 if you’re doing a delicate design!

19. This makes me miss the USA SOOOOO much!

Your photos are amazing too! Thank you for posting this :3

20. Thanh Thao says:

I already have a huuuuge pumpkin in my house waiting for me to carve it ;) Loking forward to that. Too bad Halloween is not so big and common here in Germany as it is in the US.

21. anastasia says:

these photos are so sweet c: they capture the best best time of the year!!

22. Lolo says:

Awwww so many pumpkins~ There is something about them…they are so cute~! We bought some yesterday and ate them right away hahahaha~ Need to buy some more…unfortunately we don’t have any cute pumpkin patches around here ;___;

23. ada says:

amazing and very gloomy views, romantic also a bit, love pumpkin season!!! :D ^^

24. MissFeelo says:

ooh I’m loving all these pumpkin patch photos. I love fall!! The colours are so pretty. :3

25. I love pumpkins!! and you look so cute in that outfit! It’s so mori-like~ I love it! It’s perfect for fall..

26. Mika says:

Wow! Your pumpkin patches are huge. For me, they are always very small in the church yards! :3 That starbucks drink sounds so good, right now! I’ll have to give it a try next time~

Definitely give it a try if it sounds like something you’d like! I love it because it tastes great and is crazy lower in calories than even a light pumpkin latte :)

27. Itzel says:

Ohh~ In my country we don´t have pumpking patches~~ so thanks for sharing it ;) even if it doesn´t have the perfect weather, it definitely gives the hallowen atmosphere~

28. Mary says:

Hi, just saw this post and was wondering where you got your boots? I love them! ^^ thanks :)