Around the Yard

Thursday January 05, 2012

I’m around! :deco9:

When I got back I had a chest cold the next day. Went into work though since I feel ok with the help of cough syrup. :deco13: It seems to be getting better. So many of my family members were sick last week when I visited. Discounting the possibility to have caught something on one of the my planes I took.

Things are good though! Booked a hotel for a weekend getaway for February the night I got home. Something to look forward to rather than planning to “rest” aka sit on my ass again all winter.  :deco6:

Now posting some photos from visiting family. :deco8: These are all from day one. Taken in the yards of my childhood home, these spaces are etched into my memories. A small vegetable garden and a few flowers are still blooming even now in December. :deco11: And the kitty that makes multiple appearances is named “DC” after my moving away. She’s not fenced in, she quickly jumps over both to join me. :deco2:

All of these are using my new micro 4/3 lo-fi lens.

Tags:

39 Responses to “Around the Yard”

1. 3lin says:

This photo more like a vision photo. Really nice.

Lovely! I wish flowers were blooming here.. it’s 12… TWELVE… TUH-WEL-VUH lol

AHAHAHA I don’t know how you do it. It was 10 here yesterday morning and we don’t usually have that. Everyone freaking out. I feel for the more northern states!!! When I was in MS is was 70!!

3. Michelle says:

I love love love love love these photos! ^^

4. Lisa says:

Awe, this makes me want to visit my hometown in Louisiana. :) Wonderful photos!

5. Lum says:

Was the lens hard to use with your epl2? i heard that the lens will only work in Manual mode.

Not hard per se but it is manual focus and takes some getting used to. I played with manual focus on my HD lens a little before trying this, but I’m still discovering this lo-fi lens. It will though work with all other settings wonderfully (except aperture) that’s manual as well.

6. Sewon says:

Ohh these are beautiful photos! What a fun new lens and lovely childhood home. Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better

7. mommo says:

OMG those are lovely~
    sorry but happy new year :)
    I just came back.. so a little late sorry~

8. L says:

I like the look of that lens. Its just like a toy camera but digital ^^

9. Choko says:

The pictures are nice but the focus is off…don’t know if it’s a manual camera with the wrong settings or an automatic with the wrong lens but it makes my eyes go cross-eyed when I look…I’d have enjoyed them if they’d been focused properly.

It’s a fully manual lo-fi “toy lens” that gives soft bokeh, vignetting, lens flares, low contrast, and shallow depth of field for near tilt-shift like photos. I understand not everyone loves toy camera-esque pictures, I happen to be a huge fan of Lomography though :D

10. Thao says:

The lighting is really nice in these pictures. I really love the colors. It’s natural and captures winter well.

11. Thanh Thao says:

I love love love DC, sooooo cute! And I love how the fotos turned out! :)

She’s the sweetest cat I’ve ever met too. She “talks” and comes up to you right away. She was following me around the yard the entire time.

12. Lolo says:

awwww kitty cat~
    the photos are really nice~ I can’t wait till I get to visit my childhood home….I have no idea who lives there now. I would be so nervous to visit~

I hope you feel better soon Jen~ Happy New Year!

13. MissFeelo says:

awe the little kitty is adorable. I think sooo many people are getting sick this time of year. Even if it’s not winter where you are. Curse of playing so hard during December? haha

Gorgeous little photo diary ♥ It looks like it was gorgeous weather where you were at! Louisiana, no?
    Hope you’re feeling better by the time you read this!

15. Ellie says:

Awesome photos! :-) They look almost alive and very cinematic. I hope you get better soon, Jenny! :D

16. Namie says:

Lovely photo diary! It’s cute that the kitty is named DC ^__^
    A February getaway sounds so nice — I love that you schedule downtime in advance. I want to do that~~ the new semester is starting and its more hectic than ever ;A;

Sorry to hear that you got sick~ Hope you’re feeling better!

17. Amelia says:

These photos are lovely. Hope you get better soon.

18. Bianca says:

i hope you feel better…:(

on another note, i love tabbys! theyre sooo cute! XD

Very pretty photos…they seem to do a good job of setting the tone of your home… Ohh my broccoli’s still growing, too! (lol)