My Current Nail Polish Collection

Aug 31, 2012

I purged some old polish today. Colors where the polish was sludge-like or the color had separated. I’m still disappointed that my Dior Royalty Red went bad within 6 months. I don’t think I’ll be buying Dior nail polish again any time soon. :cry:

Within the last year or 2 I’ve gotten strangely picky with my choice in nail color. I’ve talked about this before, but yeah, so these are it!

From left to right -

1. base coats & top coats
  2. nude & sheer pinks
  3. reds, coral, & glittery orange
  4. minty tones
  5. glitters!

I don’t keep them in anything fancy. Just this white tray so it’s easy to spot the colors :)

I’m tempted to buy Chanel’s “Frenzy” but we’ll see~~

update -
Tracy asked for a full list of the above polishes. I have some free time so I figured “Sure! Why not!”

From left to right, front to back:

Tags:

30 Responses to “My Current Nail Polish Collection”

1. M says:

ugh love that chanel color

2. Sidney says:

love! i am so bad at storing my nail polishes…they are in a cloth bag right now. i should probably just do something like this! i REALLY like the dior mint color! and that ‘frenzy’ is the color i’ve been trying to find forever. perfect brown-nude color :(

3. Mommo says:

Extremely red xd! I like that Pink and light blue, is the color nice?

The light blue, the 1 in the middle? It’s ok. When I was in Japan I bought a ton of sheers which is REALLY unlike me. But just being surrounded by so many pretty sheer colors I gave into buying a few! It looks blue to blue-mint in different lighting and lasts chip-free for about a week :) Same with the pinks. Fairly sheer though not 100% sheer. I added a list of the colors so that will probably help :)

4. Margaret says:

Love your collection! I’ve been lazy with the polish lately but this post has inspired me. If you end up going for the Chanel, please share your thoughts~ :)

5. Tracy says:

Jenny, is it possible for you to make a list of the names of the nail polishes?

6. fai says:

lovely collection! i love Dior minty color and red Dior :)

I really miss my red dior shade, twas gorgeous. I couldn’t believe it turned to sludge so quickly I feel I must have been sold a bad bottle or something :( …

7. Angi says:

The colors you have looking nice, I like the chanel red a lot and the dior mint is super cute but tbh I couldn\’t live with just those few colors!

Haha I understand, my friend has like 20x’s as many as I do. I used to have more but I just don’t feel comfortable wearing various colors (like purples or rich blues, etc.) :) So I just keeo around my #1 favorites!

8. Jess says:

you have a great collection. In Brazil, we have many brands of nail polish and many, many colors too. I have 100 nails polishs.

XD

9. Lee says:

Love the glitters! :) check out http://www.polishpolice.com/ it’s a really cool and informative site for the best nail polishes

10. Anon says:

Hey,
    If you’re disappointed with nail polish going bad or gloppy, you should invest in a nail polish thinner. I recommend the one from Seche Vite. I have a HUGE collection of nail polish and of course some goes bad without usage, but when I use thinner it goes back to being like it’s a brand new bottle of nail polish. It’s great and saved countless bottles of nail polish in my collection! Some of which I’ve had for a 3 years now. Nail polish can last practically forever if you take care of it ^_^ I really recommend you try it if you’re don’t like throwing away bottles before they’re all used up!

I’m a big fan of your blog btw! What happened to the Sally Hansen Wined Up nail polish? Did it go bad? I’ve been interested in getting it since you posted about it before.

Totally agree with the thinner. My salon actually did this for me a few times with it and it worked for about a month at a time but then would get gloppy again. Maybe the glass was cracked?

Oh I used up my Wined Up already xD! It was my FAVORITE last autumn! It’s a gorgeous color.

11. Selvinas says:

That’s a lot of nail polish.

Actually lately I really like the nail polish from Etude House. It’s a Korean brand and I really like their green and purple colors. I never see those colors in the shade I got back home.
    Bought two pairs of each, so I hope they will last me a long time!

12. Elisa says:

i have a lot of nail polishes and some are dried up as well =(.. but i think its a waste to throw it away >.

13. Denny says:

I have so many nail polishes I have to get rid of… It’s so hard to choose between the polishes I want to wear, but I always fear I’ll get bored of just a few colors, sigh.

That’s how I used to feel too. Then I started not feeling myself in many colors like purples and other bright colors and realized keeping them around just made me feel guilty because I hated wearing those shades so they never got used. So I tossed out a BUNCH last year and tend to still stay in the reds, mints, golds categories.

14. Cindii says:

Nice collection!

15. Reiko says:

Cute collections, so you!!