Madewell Un-colors

Oct 25, 2012

Madewell updated their “Looks We Love” as they rolled out new arrivals. I absolutely love it! The recent autumn ones have been good but mostly pattern on pattern and, though I sometimes enjoy that myself, at heart I prefer a more simplified look for winter.

These were my absolute favorites.

18 Responses to “Madewell Un-colors”

1. mei says:

great! I love boyish look so much :D

2. Miya says:

um how about how I am going to take these images to Junko, my hairstylist for my bang trim tomorrow. Perfectly timed bang inspo? Love it.

3. Lolo says:

I love the simple colors. The navy colored pants that appear a couple of times are really cute~
    I love the mixing of the patterned skirt and the lace in the first photo!!

4. cin says:

i absolutely love the second look! aaahhhh

5. ユエ says:

Ack! I totally forgot to tweet you back on what I thought about the Bison Sweet Salon liner+eyeshadow cos the tweet was getting too long so I hope you don’t mind me replying on your blog instead >

6. ユエ says:

Oh dear, I forgot I typed the comment cut off character so I’ll have to repost the comment..Sorry for the length;;;
    Ack! I totally forgot to tweet you back on what I thought about the Bison Sweet Salon liner+eyeshadow cos the tweet was getting too long so I hope you don’t mind me replying on your blog instead.

Anyway, first of all, I would say that the liner formula is a bit more watery than some other types like Dollywink. It doesnt really take any longer to dry though so thats a good thing. As the tip is kind of like a felt sponge type though I find it is harder and feels less comfortable than the brush pen types though you can get used to it I guess.

The milk chocolate shade is quite a soft colour and I would say its somewhat similar to Fits Pink Brown liquid eyeliner shade but slightly darker and less red tinged, more brown but not as dark as dollywink or MJ shades.

I do find the eyeshadow nice though and easy to apply and is pretty much the same shade as the eyeliner but more shimmery as eyeshadows are. Definitely not glittery though and good for a natural or sweet style of make up.

I guess my only gripe with it is that the shadow and liner colours are a little too similar as I prefer the liner shade to be darker.

7. Gesine says:

Oh, how I wish we had Madewell here in Germany! :(

8. Sami says:

I love the last look you posted, very nice :)
    and the dog… wolf… beast, is so darn cute XD

9. Xin says:

Ah wonderful ! I like this style a lot. Simple + Sparkle !! Also what’s with this uber cute puppy O_O!! ommggggg
    And what’s your most favourite coordinate from these?

I actually posted them in order of favorites! There are actually more looks on the website but I couldn’t really see myself wearing them so I didn’t post them :)

10. Laura says:

Ooh♥ Love them! Especially the 2nd and 3rd pic ^^ Simple & stylish!

11. Kouji says:

I need that tux boyshirt! A lot of black collar white shirts (is there a name for this style?) I’ve seen are way too sheer. :\

12. Kate says:

Stupid Madewell. I love so much of their stuff but it’s so expensive!

13. Bianca says:

I’m getting simplier and simplier as well! I LOVE ALL THESE LOOKS! And i love how the model looks like Shelley Duvall in a blonde wig! XD

14. Mommo says:

seriously I love the hair :) pastel look is either great !

I love the boyish look! Especially the last two outfits.