Simple Style Friday

Nov 09, 2012

Today’s outfit -

Every Friday my office does “Casual Friday.” Meaning you can wear jeans. I don’t wear my jeans much. I’m more comfortable in skirts/dresses. However this denim by Madewell is so, so, so soft and relaxed fitting I found myself in the mood to wear them. This wool coat I’ve had for probably 6 years now. Every year I think I’ll replace it but in the end it still looks in good enough shape to keep so, maybe eventually.

It’s already hitting upper 30°F outside in recent weeks. Winter is setting is fast. Already my skin is drying out faster than I can switch to “winter lotion mode.” So I bought this the other day to help my chapping fingertips.

Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

The soap at work is extremely drying and so are the permanently set “scolding hot water” faucets. But nevertheless my skin gets extra dry this time of year anyway. My usual lotion routine wasn’t help offset the dry skin this time so I picked this Burt’s Bees up.
I like it.
The packaging is so pleasing aesthetically. Reminds me of the old Bag Balm tins my mom always used. The cream is very supple and the subtle sweet almond milk scent is nice. It doesn’t leave my fingers too greasy either. It’s beginning to help some. I need more time to really know if it’s a complete fix. Burt’s Bees has a lot of dry hand repair options I’d like to try. :deco3:

15 Responses to “Simple Style Friday”

1. Louise says:

Your doodles are pretty good! They look almost professional doodler-level.

My work has the opposite of Casual Friday. Since we’re always in casual clothes anyway, we have Big Wednesday, where we super-dress-up on Wednesday. Men wear suits and ties and women wear nice dresses.

I have the Burt’s Bees almond balm too. I love the smell, but I think mine is getting old because now it smells kind of stale. Yuck.

Big Wednesday!? That is such a cool concept. Yeah I got like the only IT job where it’s business casual hahaha

I’ll stay on top of my lotion’s lifespan though in already 1/3 through it.

2. Sidney says:

hahahaaa I bought a Burt’s Bees sample pack for my bf’s sister and gave it to her last weekend. She said this one smelled weird but the packaging was cute. I told her I liked the smell!!

Yoooooou! You got me hooked on Burt’s Bee with the hair care!!! I love it though. Something about this brand really gives me this sense of peace & trust :D

To me the scent is nostalgic. Like cherry almond. But if I were smelling it for the first time I could imagine thinking it’s weird.

3. M says:

i love burt’s bees but sadly i hate almonds x_x

4. Kmmyp says:

I haven’t tried anything from Burt’s bees but im thinking to buy one this holiday. I love almonds!!!

5. Sewon says:

I’m curious about the hand cream. Is it scented?

Oh I’ve always heard good things about burt’s bees and wanted to try their products! Especially their chapsticks because my lips are extremely dry in the winter and I’ve heard tons of great reviews about their chapsticks.

I’ve never tried their hand cream before but this one seems to look really good and pleasant! Does it leave your hands feeling greasy after you put the cream on and you wash your hands? Also the hand cream I’ve been using is almost running out. I usually use the one from crabtree and evelyn but it’s kind of expensive and this one is a much more cheaper alternative!

7. megan says:

30s?! It’s still pretty warm here in OK-it was 80 today.
    Anyway, I have a question! Does your coat keep you pretty warm? I’m looking for a new coat, but I want to find a balance between looking cute and still staying warm….

8. Gayle says:

Ooh! I’ve never experienced winter :( I live in a tropical country where it’s always around 83-86 °F everyday. My skin never goes dry with all the sweat, but my hair does! That hand creme sounds good, enjoy winter, there’s someone out there who’s dying to experience it. Hahaha!

9. Kate says:

I am a nurse and so always have chronically dry hands — no matter the season! I use the Nivea creme at night to help repair them. It works quite well and I don’t find it irritating for sensitive skin. At work I use the Jergen’s one for skin repair, can’t remember what it’s called. I had previously used a Burt’s Bees hand repair but it was too greasy to bear! This one must be better. (: I wish our winter would set in already. I’m sick of the 70s.

10. Sarita says:

I love your little drawings! looks like you painted them in with watercolors, or was it done digitally?