Meishoku Organic Rose Update

Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012 | 15 Comments

Update after using Meishoku Organic Rose Skin Conditioner toner for two weeks.

Meishoku Organic Rose Skin Conditioner

I used this toner starting two weeks ago. I replaced my usual Clinique toner with this instead each night.

QUICK REVIEW:
I thought it was OK and gave me some benefits but it didn’t prove to be a holy grail item and I won’t be rushing out to buy it again. I think the Organic Rose Skin Conditioning Gel is better for my skin with better results.

Meishoku Organic Rose Skin Conditioner and Japanese cotton sheets

FURTHER THOUGHTS:
Great rose smell and soothing sensation when applying the toner. I used cotton pads and balls to apply the toner each night. The major benefit I noticed was that it brightened my complexion from day one. It also kept my T-zone from getting as oily. I usually use 1 & half blotting papers every afternoon because of my oily T-zone. However when using this toner I barely need 1 full blotting paper. I didn’t see any drastic improvement in pore size, smoothing of skin, or moisturizing.

I wanted to post a before & after because when researching this item there weren’t many before & afters in English or Japanese. So I’ll link my before and after. It’s not pretty. No makeup, except a little shadow & mascara on the before picture, and using indirect sunlight. But you can see how a bit brighter my complexion is and also why I sink money into under eye creams, ha! Too up close & detailed – Here it is.

So not a Holy Grail item. HG would be making my skin so nice I could skip a primer and concealer! But with this I definitely still need base makeup to smooth out pores and cover dark circles and redness. Which is OK. :)

I’m just happy it didn’t give me any zits! I’ll finish the bottle but I probably won’t run out replacing it right away.

Jenny posted on Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
Tags: , , ,

15 Responses to “Meishoku Organic Rose Update”

1. Kmmyp says:

I hate the redness of my skin too! I think this would!
    And I love the smell of roses. Hmmmm :)
    Sadly its not available in my country.
    Thanks for the review though!

2. Karen says:

I was hoping you would come back with a great review. I need a toner that actually does minimize pore size. But from your before after pic, it seems to have done a decent job, especially on the nose. I think I’m still going to get it. right now i’m using the boots damask rose toner and it doesn’t do anything.

I understand. I’m just harsh on the pore results because I’ve had excellent results from the clarisonic deep pore brush but it was too drying to use daily.

• Karen says:

Have you tried the PMD? that’s my new hope. I have the clarasonic mia and I have to admit, I don’t use it regularly, so I’m really excited about a product I can only use at the most, once a week.

The packaging looks really cute!

4. Laura says:

Hmm, have you tried Vichy’s toners? ^^ I have super sensitive skin and the pink one from their selection turned out to be perfect for my skin. No breakouts and my skin has been looking a lot healthier ever since I started using it. I’ve tried so many toners which only made my skin break out that kinda lost my hope already -.- But the Vichy one has been a life savor. Well, everyone’s skin is different. So it’s really hard to recommend products.. they might work also for others or then not :D

5. karme says:

NOT UGGERS BEAUTIFUUUUUUUL

6. Aw the packaging looks so cute, sad it didn’t work!

7. Sia says:

The packaging is so cute! I’m one of those people who keep the packaging even though there’s no more product;;;; I also use the same cotton pads hehe.

8. Dash says:

I actually think that, just judging from the photos, it seems to do a really good job! Another thing to try might be Nuxe’s 3 Roses Toning Lotion. It’s a French product so it’s also more expensive than buying a simple drugstore toner but I really love it. It makes my skin feel very clean (lifts off the rest of the makeup that cleanser didn’t reach) but also hydrates and makes my moisturizer sit better, so I think it’s a great year-round thing. It also has a great rosy scent that lasts a while on my skin. A little goes a long way, so it looks like my bottle will last me at least 4-6 months!

9. Nicolette says:

Hi :) just want to know where can i get this toner? Because i checked yesstyle and dont think theyre carrying this product anymore. Thank you :)

10. Nicolette says: