Healing Finland 2013 Calendar

Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013 | 14 Comments

New year, new calendar.

This one is called “Healing Finland” and it’s from iswas on Yesstyle.

It’s larger than my 2012 desk calendar but the size is nice because my work desk is extra empty this year from a monitor rearrange. It’s easier to write in daily tasks too. So I’ve already gone through and mark all federal holidays! :deco2:

One side is a daily planner and the other is weekly. All the headings are really soothing photographs of Finland.

Jenny posted on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2013
Tags:

14 Responses to “Healing Finland 2013 Calendar”

1. Mai says:

I love calendars and planners! I have one on my desk at home and just went to Loft yesterday to buy a 2013 planner. The best part is going through and marking all the holidays & birthdays :3

2. Thao says:

I love the photography on the calendar. It’s so calming and relaxing to look at.

3. Elisabeth says:

Being Finnish that is one funny calendar :’). I’m not sure if there is anything ‘healing’ in Finland, specially now with -23 degrees celcius, though. It’s always nice to see random things like this about your own country. Plus the calendar is pretty.

Yeah I think “healing” was just a nice way to say peaceful scenes. They have a lot of these types of calendars featuring various countries/cities.

4. Raura says:

I agree with Elisabeth (above). It’s funny and weird at the same time : D That pic of the car driving on the road is just such an ordinary basic scenery from Finnish suburbs.. why would anyone want to put a pic like that to a calendar when there’s so many much cooler things in here like Finnish design? ;) I guess it’s exotic for foreigners~ haha. It’s nice to see things like this! ^^

I don’t think it was necessary a calendar based on Finland but rather a calendar with the popular theme of peaceful scenes or moments. I understand that maybe a car driving alone through the forest could be considered boring but when I look at it it’s calming. It reminds me of all the quiet times I’ve experienced and calms my busy mind.

There are a lot of similar calendars like this featuring other countries or cities. My 2012 was very similar. It featured Tokyo but only peaceful scenes like sunsets and cafe signs instead of maybe more “interesting” Shibuya crossing or a busy street. It’s just meant to look peaceful :)

5. Sofia says:

I love the idea of the Finland theme, it can be sooo relaxing to have a look at regular, everyday photos if they are from a different country. I for one get super inspired by American and Japanese photos in the same way.
    And oh, about calendars. People tell me to use the calendar on my laptop since it’s more convenient but somehow it’s not the same at all…? Why is it like this? An actual, physical, calendar just beats all other kinds of planning ^^ Just writing things in there with a thin marker pen instead of the laptop keyboard… soothing!

I’m the same! My tumblr is covered in peaceful scenes, I love them and find them so relaxing and pleasant.

I have to keep up with an online calendar for work too but still have this on my desk!! I think it’s sort of like watches. Who really NEEDS a watch anymore but people still like wearing them for the aesthetic!

6. Denny says:

It’s gorgeous and I love it! I’m more of a hang-it-on-the-wall-calendar type of person because I don’t really use a desk that much, but I certainly love this one! In an alternate universe where I was more organized I’d definitely go for something like this :D

7. Denny says:

8. Jenny says:

It’s a pretty calendar. Would love to have something like that for my office.

What a lovely calendar! I like that it has a weekly planner too!