Quebec Packing

Tuesday, Jul. 2, 2013 | 20 Comments

Preparing for a brief road trip up to Quebec. This will be my first time visiting Canada. It would be a bit of a missed opportunity to never visit our neighbors to the north. To fly hours upon hours overseas to visit other countries when there’s a beautiful one nearby.
This is getting to sound more sentimental than I mean it to though.
Really I have next-to-no vacation days so my big summer trip had to remain within a single continent. There. That’s a bit less two-bit poet sounding! Anyway, I’ve started to putting things aside for packing.

travel capsule wardrobe
travel capsule wardrobe

Clothes

• blazer (Zara)
  • dotted blue striped shirt (Madewell)
  • short-sleeved poplin shirt (Everlane)
  • red tee (Madewell)
  • chino shorts (Madewell)
  • black bistro skirt (Madewell)
  • black tights (S-leg)
  • summer scarf (Everlane)
  • cotton mayfair boxer pajama set (Victoria’s Secret)

Shoes, bags, misc.

• red sandals (Madewell)
  • black flats (Payless)
  • red tote (Everlane)
  • eco shopper bag (Ne-Net)
  • gold belt (Madewell)
  • sunglasses (Anthropologie)
  • maison de reefur hair tie
  • emi jay hair tie
  • double-sided perfume roller (Michael Kors)

travel capsule wardrobe

Forecast claims temperatures to be between 66F and 85F hence the blazer and tights but not bringing denim. I also felt a dress would be a better choice but I really didn’t feel like wearing one. C’est la vie.

So, 12 possibilities.
- striped shirt + skirt
- striped shirt + skirt + blazer
- poplin shirt + skirt
- poplin shirt + skirt + blazer
- red tee + skirt
- red tee + skirt + blazer
- striped shirt + chinos
- striped shirt + chinos + blazer
- poplin shirt + chinos
- poplin shirt + chinos + blazer
- red tee + chinos
- red tee + chinos + blazer

Always keeping Tim Gunn in mind when packing still

Hope continuing to share these is helpful too!

Jenny posted on Tuesday, Jul. 2, 2013
Tags: , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Quebec Packing”

1. Adrienne says:

I think it’s adorable how the items you picked for your trip are so color coordinated :)
    I hope you’ll enjoy Canada! I’m excited to see where you decide to visit in Montreal.

2. Michelle says:

Oh I absolutely love the color coordinations! Have fun in Canada! If I had to choose to a place to live forever (if USA wasn’t an option), it would definitely be Canada. Such kind people, our neighbors are. So so kind!

3. My dad is Canadian, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time up North. Quebec is probably my favorite city up there. My gram used to live in Old Quebec and oh gosh, it’s just gorgeous. The cobblestone streets are so beautiful and and you can get great fish&chips. It’s been some time since I’ve been there and I really want to go back soon. I hope you have a terrific trip :]

By the way, I just got back from my 3 week trip to Japan and your packing posts were so incredibly helpful! Thank you <3

4. M says:

nice! have fun in quebec. everyone (almost?) there speaks perfect english. so unfair why do the rest of us suck so much at french?

Omg you’re visiting Quebec? I live like a continent away in Ontario! Are you going for the July 4th long weekend? I might actually be visiting Quebec in Septembr too. Anyway, I hope you have a fun trip! =)

6. Chiro says:

Wow, you’re always so organized! Please keep update with your pictures of Quebec and have a nice trip :)

7. megan says:

Cool! My boyfriend and I really want to go to Montreal sometime soon~ Have fun!
    My summer/year trip was a 3 day visit to Dallas, haha (it was actually fairly fun). :p

Your outfit selection looks very French!

8. Jing says:

Love the color combination. Very patriotic. Just in time for 4th of July :-) Hope you have a grand time in Quebec :-)

9. eri says:

Bon voyage! And I must find that Madewell shirt. Don’t tell me it’s an old one! >_<

10. Cassandra says:

Ah, as a Canadian (from neighbouring province Ontario) who has visited Québec I feel it my duty to tell you to try poutine, bagels and smoked meat. Seriously, Québec (Montreal specifically for the two latter) is well known for being fab at it. Hope you enjoy your trip!

11. Thao says:

I hope you have a great time in Canada! 85F sounds great right now, especially since it’s been about 110F all week here in California.

What is that cat bag in the picture? It’s so cute!

12. Rora says:

I love how everything’s sailor colors ;) ♥!
    Have a great trip! ^^

13. Stacey says:

Oh hai :D I grew up in Quebec, particularly in Gatineau right by Ottawa. I’ve been to Montreal and Quebec city countless times. Which cities are you going to visit? Quebec city is by far my favorite so I definitely recommend it. It’s such a gorgeous city, it’s old and has a vintage look to it, so much history and things to see! It’s very romantic too and reminds me of Europe a little bit.

Montreal is a very vibrant and multi-cultural city. Lots of things going down there too! But it’s not as pretty as Quebec :)

14. Milly says:

Oh woah! Canada! Welcome! I hope you’ll have lots of fun! Make sure to check out the “older” side of Quebec! I’ve only been there once when I was younger so I don’t remember much… but there was this really steep hill (haha). Anyways, if you have time, Vancouver is another great place to visit! :)

15. Loni says:

Come visit Vancouver!

16. ニッキー says:

Have a safe & fun trip! :)

17. Cyndee says:

Love your style! Pretty in red!

18. Lolo says:

I love your cute photos on instagram of Canada so far~ I wanna visit too!! Have a lot of fun~

19. chocoNIKKI says:

Oh yay! You’re coming to Canada!!! =D Welcome~ And you MUST try poutine (if you haven’t already – but either way it’ll be authentic in Quebec!).. Also maybe Canadian back-bacon! =O Have fun~~

20. bianca says:

hope the trip was a dream, from your instee, it looks wonderful!