Summer Wardrobe

Jul 25, 2014

summer capsule wardrobe

No better time to post what I’ve been wearing for summer than late July! Where many days are in the 90°’s and I’ve retreated into t-shirt heaven. Everlane’s Box Tee is still my #1 go to summer item (as it was last year.) But I have also picked up a few from Fossil’s Men’s department that are so soft and comfortable not to mention stripey.

summer capsule wardrobe

- Madewell Tomboy Workshirt
- Madewell Perfect Chambray Short-Sleeve Ex-Boyfriend Shirt

Shoes (not pictured)
- Madewell red sandals
- Converse

Accessories
- J.Crew scarves in dot print
- Uguisu printed scarf
- Catbird canvas tote
- BeeZip clutch tote
- Old Navy headbands
- Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Mermaid Dream & Flowers in Her Hair
- Revlon nail polish in Apricot Nectar
- L’Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream
- Madewell Text Book Glasses

summer capsule wardrobe
summer capsule wardrobe

I included the L’Occitane Angelica Hydration Cream because it has been my favorite skin care find this summer. It’s ultra cooling and makes me skin look brighter and more supple immediately. I wear it as a night cream or alone on days I go without makeup.

Some of what’s above is non-work attire. For work instead of the tees and denim I usually just wear the skirts along with other lightweight button ups that I have. I also have some black pointed flats and 2 other black skirts I tend to only wear to work.

summer capsule wardrobe

My colors have really branched out this summer passed just navy and red. Though might have a blue tone obsession now… :)

Tags:

17 Responses to “Summer Wardrobe”

1. megan says:

adorable! my boyfriend actually got that striped fossil tee last week. we both checked out the sale, and i had to try a little hard to look at things that didn’t have stripes on it, haha.

I think everything I bought there during that sale was striped! 2 men’s striped tees, their striped short sleeved sweatshirt and their blue pinstripe shirt! That was a really great sale! Mike shops there and sometimes I find stuff too!

2. Elyse says:

LOVE! I love that you really have a solid aesthetic and keep to a minimal wardrobe. I’m trying to learn that as well by keeping a style inspiration binder and writing down common items from the pics I like, to build a wardrobe of versatile key pieces.

I actually got the idea from you several years ago, I think, back when I was also clipping pics from gyaru mags, heehee!

Hey same here! My style has transitioned for sure but building a capsule is totally universal and I’ve seen mine go from a collection of sheer and flowy to clean cut and solids! I hope you’re enjoying building your wardrobe too. I find such a sense of accomplishment from trying to keep my wardrobe as functional as possible :D and wish I had learned how to do it much sooner in life!

3. Thao says:

Just looking at your wardrobe makes me feel cooler from the faux beach feel. I just love how simple yet well put together they are.

Temperature around here have reached 100F+ that I’ve given up on style when I’m outside. The less clothes, the better. @__@

I feel a bit the same (hence all the basic tees.) I mean, I prefer dressing in layers but it is just NOT possible in summer sometimes.

4. Bella says:

All the blue tones are going to look amazing on you, I’m shifted from a monochrome spring wardrobe into peach/salmon pink and cream colours!!
    Yay, for summer clothing!!
    Bel xox

5. Vermillion says:

Thanks for sharing your Summer wardrobe ^^ I really love your style, especially your stripe tees!

6. Lisa says:

Oh so summery! All the stripes and blues give me a definite naval-type feeling. :)

I haven’t tried to buy men’s tees in awhile because…boobs. :P Some of them just don’t fit right (for obvious reasons) – but I always envy some graphics they print on men’s tees, but not on girls!

Definitely know what you mean, though some women’s shirts don’t fit right for them either! I’m a C cup and Everlane’s women’s tanks were not bust friendly. These Fossil ones are great though, lots of room but still tapered at the arms and lower waist. I think they were cut for sort of a barrel chest fit so they work great! To be honest I don’t fancy much of Fossil’s women’s things. They’re sheer or flowy and not my style so I know what you mean about liking the things designed for the “men’s” line.

7. Miya says:

I am surprised! No dresses?

8. Bianca says:

Your wardrobe will always make me jealous because it has been and will all be the standard of perfection

Well I know that might not be completely true (thinks back to 2007 when my closet exploded LOLOLOOL) but I really appreciate it! Trying to stay coherent throughout the seasons, keeping any changing personal tastes in mind when buying, has really made my life so much easier especially on days that I can’t even be bothered to think about what to wear.

EVERYTHING PERFECT