My Autumn Wardrobe

Sep 27, 2012

Miia asked what I’m wearing this autumn and recalled the coordinates entry I posted while packing for Tokyo this spring. Asked if I could do a similar wardrobe post again for autumn. So this is for you Miia :P :deco3:

Since this isn’t a “trip” coordinates post, I’m not limited by luggage size and vacation duration. I didn’t come up with any “theme” beforehand either but instead am just showing exactly which pieces I go for from my closet right now.

It’s on average 50°F~75°F out each day and will continue probably until October ends. I went through my clothes last Friday and packed away a few more things while pulling out a nice big donation-sized bag of cardigans and tops not worn much in the past year.

Tops

- H&M peacoat

Shoes
- Payless black flats
- Target printed loafers

Accessories
- Barneys New York beret
- Yesstyle fold over tote bag
- Madewell denim dot tote
- Estee Lauder pure red polish
- Chanel Frenzy polish

It’s a little winter and still a little summer with the printed Rinka tee and loose shorts. Thinner fabrics overall as well. I often pair tights with these on cooler days or at night. The rest of my clothes are either too summer or too winter to wear right now. :)

So these are the pieces for my favorite coordinates right now. Of course it excludes office attire but I do often use many of these pieces for work. Like pairing the denim boyshirt with a black wool work skirt or adding a cardigan and black heels to the dot dress! I often wear the pencil skirt to work as well.

12 clothing items 36 looks suitable for autumn weather.
Adding or removing the jacket or sweaters not counting shoes, tights, or hat & bag.

I could layer up even more outfits but the temperatures rarely drop below 50°F :) Kept the shorts and tee around for the warmer days too. We have a random 80°F days about once a week still.

That’s it! The packing entry was a little more helpful maybe.

But this was fun to see my autumn wardrobe and realize the color palette at play!

46 Responses to “My Autumn Wardrobe”

1. pii says:

heading to japan in november for 2 weeks, your posts really help! :-)
    i love the thoughts behind your dressing and clothes! i’ve learnt alot of helpful tips. thankyou~

2. Maye says:

Amazing guide!
    Thanks for sharing your wardrobe tips!

3. Hayley says:

Jenny, I’m so impressed at how focused your personal style has become! It’s quite an inspiration to me.

4. I’m so glad to see another post like this! The first one inspired me to streamline my wardrobe and start creating a more cohesive style.

5. Michelle says:

Oh YESS~ this makes me really look forward to cleaning out my closet. Essentials, Michelle, essentials. I wish I got your keen eye – that or just you in the flesh to help me pick out keepers and what to part with forever.

6. JIM says:

i LOVE IT WAT

7. Kmmyp says:

Can I have your clothes? I think we have the same style haha :) love it!

8. OOh perfect! I need to do this too! I just have too many clothes right now I feel like :( so disorganized!

9. Jenn says:

I love your clothes!!! We have a very similar sense of style. Thank you for the inspo!

10. Miia says:

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH, JENNY!

So nice that you really made this post! I love it and feel so inspired again! I’m completely in love with your style. Now I have to start looking at my own fall wardrobe.
    Thanks you again!

11. Amelia says:

This is pretty inspiring. I think I need a petticoat now. Thanks.

12. _lyne says:

wish i could be like you and just stick to a few favorite pieces. i always feel like i have too many clothes and nothing to wear! *sweats

13. Amanda says:

I’m inspired! Next time I travel (hopefully to Spain in January or Feb.) I’m going to try to pack after a theme! I can’t get over the sweater with sheep! LOVE IT! And that handbag ♥__♥ You really have great taste!

14. happy says:

I love this post so much. Everything’s beautiful and this motivates me to start wearing autumn outfits (I tend to stick with summer wears because I don’t wanna let summer go and end up catching a cold)

15. Margaret says:

Love love LOVING the color scheme of your Autumn wardrobe. Been enjoying the cooler weather down here too (I’m just a bit south of you, I think) but yesterday it was randomly 85°! (-.-’)

Your clothes always look like they’re in such wonderful condition. Would love to hear about your laundry care routine and tips in a post someday. (Is this too much of a housewifey request? LOL.)

I’ll start on this :). I actually get this question a lot but have only posted here or there about it. I’ll do a whole entry dedicated to it. Maybe it’ll be helpful?

16. witlash says:

thanks for the hard work making this post!

17. Thao says:

Uniclo also did a little lookbook thing with some of the Japanese magazines. Now I want to go through my closet and organize my autumn outfits. I usually wear the same 5 outfits every week. Haha I’m boring…

18. Alina says:

Great…now I wanna go shopping!
    Love your style babes!

xoxo
    Alina

19. Jesslyn says:

Love this post sooo much! You are so organized Jenny, inspired me a lot :)

20. ★Momo☆ says:

Jenny you’re so fashionable! I’m totally jealous! XD

21. Twitty says:

I love the palette! Also that beret is fabulous. I really want to wear one, but my hair is too huge for them right now. Maybe when it’s much longer it’ll lie flatter…. T3T

22. 3lin says:

I will use the color coordination that you provide. Is a very useful information. Sometimes I match the wrong color. haha

23. Fuu says:

I totally bought the same Madewell chambray shirt last weekend. It is sooo comfy and I like the nautical button accent ^.^ Since it still summer season in San Diego(in the 90s this weekend!), I have to wait before I can wear any sweaters. I wanted that sheep sweater SO BAD, but knew I would not wear it for months. But that chambray top works for nighttime.

24. Xin says:

Every item of your autumn wardrobe looks great ! I love how your wardrobe is always so well-thought-out. Ah you must look so cute with this beret ! I’m looking forward to see your outfit/coordinate posts !

Oh and happy mid autumn festival !

25. theresa says:

Love your selection of clothes and the color scheme. c:

26. Miyanko says:

Yay! These are my favourite posts!
    I love your fall wardrobe, great inspiration. Few clothes, lots of coordinates, love it!

27. Jane says:

Very autumn-y! Not sure if you take requests, but it would be great to see how you work with your shoes! For people like me with only one pair of running shoes, one pair of flats, and one pair of winter boots, it would be great to get some clothes-shoe inspiration! XD

28. L says:

Love the colour palette! ^^

29. Bianca says:

i looooooooove this post, im totally going to copy it, but seriously i just love how you’ve weened down your closet and only keep they essentials, I have done the same thing and it feels great I flounder less getting dressed and why not only have pieces you LOOOOOVE?

• Twitty says:

I definitely know this feeling! I had so much stuff in my wardrobe that I didn’t even like, but held on to just so I had more clothes to wear. I got tired of settling so I tossed all that old ugly stuff and bought a heap of new clothes; only buying stuff that I absolutely love. Such a good feeling!

Beautiful! AND genius!

31. sukipooki says:

I really really enjoyed reading this post since I’m in the transitioning process of weeding out my wardrobe and figuring out my style =3 I love that red peacoat you have and contemplated on buying the same madewell sweater with the sheeps! (yeah I know it’s suppose to be “sheep” but I still say sheeps lol)

I think Madewell would appreciate “sheeps” more :D

Good luck with your wardrobe & personal style journey! It’s totally worth the effort!