Valentine’s

Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014 | 13 Comments

A Valentine package a friend sent contained chocolates, coffee, and lip balm. The coffee is Starbuck’s Origami line. This is one of those things that I’m surprised has caught on in the US yet. Maybe it’s too much fuss? It’s pour-over single packs. I’ve tried this style before from Drip-On and the coffee is fantastic for a single serving. Miles beyond better than instant coffee mixes like Via or Taster’s Choice.

Rose de Rose chocolate Valentine
Rose de Rose chocolate Valentine
Starbucks Origami
peach lip balm

I’ve always loved Valentine’s Day. As a kid my parents would get me candies and balloons. Then as a student I’d exchange fun gifts with close friends. Being forever alone never bothered me on Valentine’s Day hahaha! And I also don’t like doing “gift-gifts” on this day. If I got diamond earrings but no flowers or balloons or chocolates I’d be really pissed. But everyone has their own way of celebrating it (or not celebrating it) and this just has always been my way. :) So HAPPY BELATED VALENTINE’S DAY!

Jenny posted on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014

13 Responses to “Valentine’s”

The chocolates look so nice! I’d love to receive flowers and balloons over a diamond too! XD

2. Samantha says:

How tasty were those chocolates? Those look so cute!

I actually don’t know yet, I keep forgetting they’re edible hahaha (so pretty)

• Samantha says:

That happened to me once! I got cute animal-shaped chocolates during my last vacation to Canada and didn’t eat them until two weeks after I had already been back home because I felt guilty eating such cute things, haha.

3. Catherine says:

I had coffee of that style in Japan too – thankfully it was at the hotel I was staying so I could pinch a few for later. I agree its really delicious and much better than instant! Definitely strange its not caught on elsewhere.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I love the foldy thing over the coffee mug! My sister in law uses those in Japan all the time – can we get those here???

5. thi says:

nice stuff :>

6. zombi says:

We NEVER celebrate Valentine’s — because it’s my older brother’s birthday! To me, February 14 is just “my brother’s birthday” so I’ve never been able to really get into Valentine’s (:

7. Betty says:

Awww. It’s so sweet to see you and Mike still do the tradtional Valentine’s chocolates and roses :) Happy very belated Valentine’s!