Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide

Mar 30, 2014

Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide

When I saw that one of my favorite blogs, Tokyo Eats, put out a book I ordered it immediately!

You can order the Tokyo Eats Guide Book here.

It’s a great little book. The look and feel is exactly what I expected. All the aesthetic details, like MT style tape headers and grid paper backgrounds, make it a real joy to flip through while the list of cafes by neighborhood makes it easy to find a great place on the fly.

I think this is a really great guide for first time travelers to Tokyo. Having been a handful of times myself I’m already familiar with a lot of the recommendations in the book. However I still love the Foodie side to this. I’ll be bringing it with me on my next trip. It’s lightweight and will come in handy when I want to grab a quick bite without having to research exactly where on my own first.

Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide
Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide
Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide
Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide

I highly highly highly recommend this guide for anyone travelling to Tokyo for the first time. It’s full of popular tourist spots, great shops, and fantastic cafes while recommending some of my personal favorite places such as Kichijoji, Kamakura, and shops like Loft and Maison de Reefur!

I received mine within a few days of ordering (being located in the US and all.)

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “Tokyo Eats Tokyo Guide”

1. Elyse says:

Wow, thanks for the recommendation! I had the pleasure of studying abroad in Japan many years back, but I’d really love to go again with my boyfriend. He’s a huge fan of finding neat places to eat no matter where we go, so this would totally come in handy!

2. Mai says:

I loved reading this blog when I lived in Japan, it was super helpful!

I remember going into the bookstores in Japan and falling in love with all of their travel books. They’re all just way more aesthetically lovely than the travel books that I’ve seen in America. The only problem was that they were all in Japanese ._.;!

So I am definitely going to get this since it’s just as adorable as the travel books in Japan, but it’s in English. Thanks for sharing this Jenny ^^!

3. meg says:

I got this as well! It’s a nice condensed version of her website (saving me from having to dig through it), and it highlighted a few areas I didn’t know about. I feel like it’s a pretty good guide too.

4. Kim says:

Will keep this in mind. I really want to visit Tokyo someday! Perhaps next year :)

Omg Jenny thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I recently found this blogger when I was googling how to get to Rinka’s shop. Actually, I should’ve asked you but I don’t know why I didn’t think of you at the time, lol. I saw that she posted about this guide book too but I was hesitant to order it because I didn’t know what will be inside the book and if it was useful or not. I’m going to Japan for the first time this October and I totally need a book like this for recommendations on where to eat! Thank you soooo much. I am going to order this book now! =)

6. Churi Chan says:

Looks really nice, may be I should get it ;)

7. Marusera says:

Woah, I will definitely consider buying it, when I will travel to Tokyo :)