Red Madewell Cardigan

Mar 30, 2012

Years ago I had this red cardigan from Forever 21. Honestly it probably looked “worn” after the first few washings but I didn’t care. :deco13: I kept it for years. I finally let it go over a year ago. I saw this cardigan at Madewell a few weeks ago and when I went back last weekend it was on sale. :deco6:

Even though I told myself “no new knits” because it’s spring & warming up, I still bought it. lolol It was -$50 off and my favorite color. I love how it’s using the reverse side (or purl side) of stockinette stitch instead of the usual proper “smooth” knit side. It gives it this little extra look of texture that feels very “summer” to me.

Tags: , , ,

31 Responses to “Red Madewell Cardigan”

1. Mary says:

Ohhh the colour of this cardigan is amazing!! I recently had an urge to buy something red too xD

2. Eliz says:

Would love to see you wear this with a flower in the breast pocket! ;3

3. Margo says:

Love the cardi. Red pieces make such a statement, but unfortunately I don’t own many things in red myself. It looks so fresh and fab paired with that blouse of yours!

Ditto! The only red things I own are all outers like this cardigan, I have a heavy long cardigan in bright red, and a peacoat.

• Margo says:

I’ve been wanting a red silk button-up for a few months–Madewell had one but it slipped through my fingers before I could pop in the shop and try it on. Oh well! Can’t wait to see more of your coords with this cardi. :)

Oh my god … I think I’m blessed I missed that one or I would have gotten it!! I don’t know why I don’t have more red, I think I’m still sub-consciously apprehensive with buying it?

I used to own some AMAZING red slacks when I was in high school *will always remember them fondly*

4. Sidney says:

This is kind of OT, but do you follow the tumblr/twitter user girlsack?? I LOVE her style and I get the feeling you would, too~

That aside, I’m SO BAD AT BUYING RED THINGS. Buy red things for me, k.

NO BUT SEEING HER TWITTER ICON I already think I’m gonna love it! THANK YOU DEAR!!!

OK, I’ll buy you red things if you sell me that blue Target dress that I have in black & white stripe! JAAHJAJAJHAAH I am having such non-buyer’s remorse, I should have bought both patterns huhuhhu. It came to mind when I brought my stripe one out for spring! \:D/ I think this cardigan paired with the stripes will look gaminesque-nice.

I need a red blouse, I only really have outerwear in red for some bizarre reason.

OMG that girl is from NoVA! WHY SO MANY PPL RELATED TO THIS AREA LOL

5. Jessica Ann says:

Awww you make me miss my madewell! The online sales are never as good as the in-store ones :((

6. Mischa says:

I love the bright colour, and it looks so soft and comfy :3

7. Twinkle says:

I have that sweater in off-white – I don’t know if I even remember seeing the red one but I kinda wish I had picked another color though. I’m not so great with white (stain magnet)!

I always buy knit cardigans all year round because my office is FREEZING. Flimsy merino cardis never cut it.

Speaking of sales, go to the Madewell “Denim after Dark” events. They almost always stack discounts on top of the already on-sale items. A couple of months ago, I was able to get an additional 50% off already marked-down items!

8. Thuy An says:

Oh it’s beautiful and so cozy looking! Nicely paired with the blue .

9. Michelle says:

Oh my goodness! I am loving that cardigan! Ugh, Madewell always beats up my wallet.

10. Kate says:

Gosh so cute. Madewell just kills me, I want all the things.

I love it!
    I really don’t think you can ever have enough knits… Spring/summer nights get chilly sometimes, after all! ;)

12. Mareni says:

Love the cardigan, it looks so soft!!! For some reason I stay away from red because I tend to think it wouldn’t look well with my tan skin. But who knows, maybe I’ll try someday! :D

13. Anna says:

Very pretty!

14. Jenna says:

I love red cardigans and I adore the little pocket on this one!

15. Hannah♡ says:

That’s really cute. :3 I like the red, too! Adds a nice spice of color.

16. Miya says:

love that you noted the stitch detail! madewell’s clothing is all about the quirky details like that!

17. cin says:

Cardigans are the bomb!

hee hee i was so proud i understood the knit stitch you were talking about and could nod along! i like the bright red of this too :)